• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Freedive Dahab - photos and stuff

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
one piece of advice to give you apnea addict, dont try to relate to what you are used to in Hamburg and look for it hre in Egypt, embrace the change embrace the trip and try and focus on the positives that brings.
i could tell you about my not so pleasant experiences in munich for 2 months when no one seems to speak english and i had to wipe my ass with just toilet paper for 2 months, because the bathroom system is entriely different.
ENJOY the trip

Marwan said:
one piece of advice to give you apnea addict, dont try to relate to what you are used to in Hamburg and look for it hre in Egypt, embrace the change embrace the trip and try and focus on the positives that brings.
i could tell you about my not so pleasant experiences in munich for 2 months when no one seems to speak english and i had to wipe my ass with just toilet paper for 2 months, because the bathroom system is entriely different.
ENJOY the trip
Marwan, Pardon my ignorance but what do you wipe your ass with if not toilet paper ?

there are water faucets in the toilets in egypt, then you use the toilet paper.
much cleaner this way.

fcallagy said:
Marwan, Pardon my ignorance but what do you wipe your ass with if not toilet paper ?

I would suspect that he was looking for a "bidet" system, that indeed is very hard to find in Germany, but we are getting off topic here

Marwan, sorry, I was maybe getting a little carried away during the first few days of my stay there, I started to enjoy it more later, but than I ran out of time for writing :head

I maent to make up for that by putting that clip on youtube together, which is supposed to say: It is a great place, even if it´s different from home.

Holger

If you like a funny one:

This is us trying out Yoga postition "the tree" - at least trying !

Enjoy !
Holger

Last edited by a moderator:
My new (and first!) monofin arrived this morning, which just in time as I leave for Dahab TONIGHT!!! Guess how big my smile is at the moment... :D I'll see if I can share a pic or two here when I get back;)

Elisabeth

Way to go, Elisabeth !

Can´t wait to hear your story :) And see you in Hemmoor in a few weeks !

Holger

And now - the last piece of my trip to Dahab:

a little video of Anton doing a warmup dive:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-avrFQ23aY8"]YouTube - Diving the Blue Hole[/ame]

Enjoy !
Holger

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT