• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Freedivers & Faces

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
OK. I don't get it... I registered, and I got a quiz with 3 questions ... I definitely didn't get 36 questions... I don't know that I even know 36 separate things about freediving! rofl
Well, the total set contains about a dozen different questions, and I'll be adding more, but in the test you get 3 random ones, with 4 possible answers, also randomly generated. The answers have value from 3 (correct) over -1 (incorrect but not too bad) to -3 (fatally incorrect). That makes 3 questions x 4 answers x 3 points maximal weight = 36 maximal points. If you check all correct answers, and do not check any incorrect one, you get the maximum of 36. If you select one slightly incorrect answer, you get 35/36 and another try. If you select one fatally incorrect answer, you get 33/36 and no more any attempt within 24 hours to let you the time to study the theory.

Is this for registration to the apnea training manager, or something new and funky, that I'm missing....
Well, the available functions and features include more than just the Apnea Training Manager and the associated database of exercises (not only static but also dynamic), but the test is primarily to keep at bay people not being sufficiently aware of risks of breath-holding and freediving, or to push them to study the theory before continuing.

In other words, since I did not want that any kid with no idea about freediving that finds the site could use it for getting closer to his/her limits while knowing nothing about the involved risks, killing then himself/herself in a bathtub, in a pool, the ocean, or while apnea-biking, I preferred restricting the access in this way.

Another milestone reached! There are now 100 photos of freedivers / members of APNEA.cz. Well, I removed about 4-5 user photos that did not fit the conditions - those were rather avatars than photos, so sorry to those who it concerns. Pastor uploaded a photo of Frankenstein, and although I trust him that he indeed looks like that, I removed the photo from the fear he could scare off some gentle souls :D

Just before reaching the 100, I wanted to announce a prize - a regular membership (costs normally €9.95 and has some enhanced possibilities) for the user with the 100th photo, but there were four or five new ones today, so I missed it. Never mind, I gave the prize away anyway - the winner is Stephfreediver. To tell the truth, he was 98th, but since the 99th and 100th photos were of two members of our local club Cyrnéa, and I uploaded them myself, it is Steph who gets it (our club members already have the full regular accounts with all advantages).

I think I will add some voting possibility and announce a contest for the best photo. Besides of the photos of all our freediving girls and women which are all beautiful, of course, there are also some which are quite amusing or expressing much more happiness than the usual photo-cheesy smile. There are some of my favorites here:
photo01.jpg
photo.jpg
photo.jpg
photo.jpg
photo.jpg
photo.jpg
photo.jpg
photo.jpg
photo.gif
BTW, the bald one (well, one of the bald ones) is a fake Herbert, but the real Wonka.

The full list is at member photos @ APNEA.cz or grouped by country at APNEA.cz - Freediving Buddies Map

Last edited:
Today, the number of faces of freedivers registered at APNEA.cz reached the nice number of 200! I wanted to announce a contest for the 200th face and reward the user with a higher level of membership (with more features), but the number jumped to 200 before I managed to do so. Beside it, the last three or four faces are from new members of our club (Cyrnéa) who already all have the full featured membership.

Never mind, the number of registered APNEA.cz members should soon reach the magic threshold of 1000. There are now 980 members who successfully completed the registration (despite it being quite complicated; some even call it anal). In total there are 2465 freedivers who attempted to register (and I do not count duplicate attempts, that I regularly purge out from the database). So I will reward 2 of the next 20 registered users with the Standard (silver) membership, and another one with the full featured PRO (golden) membership. I will select them randomly to avoid speculative or duplicated registrations.

http://apnea.cz/?faces

BTW, there are some new useful features being added to the system right now. Regular and PRO users, besides having diverse other advantages, now each have their own website on a separate subdomain (in form of login.apnea.cz) with a blog, photo and video gallery, training planner, and a profile page. And additionally, they can found teams, and have then another website (teamname.apnea.cz) for the team which has some more features: besides the blog, training planner, gallery, also public and private team forum, and membership management page. It actually already works now, and there are some teams created at APNEA.cz, but only one is really functional - our own club Cyrnéa (the other ones currently have only one single member each). And our website is built exactly with this APNEA.cz system.

If you do not like the Czech based domain, you can use the alias ApneaBase.org instead for your personal or team website.

I continue to fix bugs, and add new functions and data permanently. Most of them I try to log on this page: APNEA.cz - Change Log

PS: I hope Stephan does not mind me posting this kind of messages about APNEA.cz on DB, but since I am not trying to compete with DB or steal its readers (I think rather the opposite is true), I firmly believe he will kindly tolerate it.

Reactions: apneaboy
I can't sign in - any hints? Keeps getting stuck on the "I agree/I decline" conditions page

Hello Sam, can you tell me more details? What happens when you get to that page and click on "I agree"? Did you agree with all five pages? Do you get any error or warning message?

I was able to pass the quiz and then entered my information. When I tried to go to the Trainging Manager I got stuck in the endless registration loop. I entered my user name, password, and birthdate five times and each time I was told thanks for registering. Then, when I tried to proceed to the Training Manager page I was sent directly back to the registration page. Can you give me any help?

JB

Well, I see you are correctly registered. What happens exactly when you go to the address APNEA.cz - Apnea Training Manager. Normally you should see the login page, where you enter your username and the password. Is it that case, or do you see something else?

Yes, I got to the login page. There, I entered my user name, my password twice, and my birthdate. I then pressed the log in button and was sent to a page that said, "Thank you for registering" and had a button to go to the training page. I clicked on the button and it sent me back to the log in page. After getting tired of the loop I then went to the members page and looked at who was part of your site. After looking at that for awhile I tried the training page again, but this time in let me in (just before you wrote me back). What I think happened was that after going through the whole registration process I was logged in to the whole site, but was directed for some reason to the registration page again. Because I was already registed and logged in it put me into the loop. By leaving the loop I think it cleared itself and I could get into the training manager. There may be a minor bug, but I seemed to get out of it, just by going to another area of the site. Thanks for getting back to me so quickly though.

JB

Thanks for the details. I'll look at it and fix if I manange to simulate the problem. I agree that it must have been confusing, but did not see it happening before.

Hi Trux,

I am on the way to organise a Freediving competition in February 2009 in Thailand, Koh Lanta. It is called the Andaman AIDA Freediving Challenge and we will host Guillaume Nery as our special guest of honor.

It's not gonna be a world champ challenge but open to everyone with Francois Gautier and Patrick Bouillon as AIDA judges.

Mares, our exclusive sponsor with prizes....!

Would it be possible to get our blog for the competition and maybe an introduction for this event within apnea.cz for an announcement ? Please check out our blog: ANDAMAN AIDA FREEDIVING CHALLENGE 2009

Thanks,

Laurent (blueplanetdivers@gmail.com)

Last edited:
Hi Laurent,

Yes, no problems. Just create an account there if you do not have any yet. Blog is normally available to paying accounts only (9.95€ per year), but if you create(d) just the free account, I will upgrade it to the regular (oterwise paid) level for free. So once you have the account, contact me by PM with your login name, and I tell you how to proceed with the blog.

Ivo

Another milestone reached today - 400 freedivers with photos at APNEA.cz. There will be soon 1,500 succesfully registered members (1,478 as of today). 3617 freedivers attempted to register (meaning over 2000 failed the test).

You can see the galery of photos here: member photos @ APNEA.cz (but be patient - the page loads loooong, especially if you are on a slow connection). I am pleased that there are even quite a few of VIP's who took their time to register.

500 freediver faces reached! :friday:friday :friday :friday :friday

Actually 501 now. The total number of registered members is much higher of course, not everyone uploads their photo - today there are 1684 freedivers. And there were 4041 attempted registrations (more than half of them failed the entry test).

This is the thumbnail of a screenshot at 35% of the real size:
faces.jpg
You can see all the faces at once on this page (quite long to load):
member photos @ APNEA.cz

Or you can see some filtered views. For example these ones:
- photos of girls (one prettier than the other)
- photos of guys (no comment)
- photos of members with AIDA ranking (who of them wants to kill Bill?!)
- photos of members with Deeper Blue alias
- photos of members with Apnea Mania profile
- photos of members with Freedive Central account
- photos by country (replace the two letter country code in the URL accordingly)
- by keyword, etc ...

Last edited:
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT