• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Freedivers & Faces

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Cool, thanks. I'm heading out myself and probably won't try till tomorrow afternoon so don't bust yourself.

Cheers mate

ARGGHHHH!!!! NNNNOOOOOOOO!!!! Gotta wait 24 hours to take the test again, man, I feel like I'm back in school, professor Ivo just flunked me! rofl Can we pass with less than a perfect score? 35/36?

Last edited:
ARGGHHHH!!!! NNNNOOOOOOOO!!!! Gotta wait 24 hours to take the test again, man, I feel like I'm back in school, professor Ivo just flunked me! rofl Can we pass with less than a perfect score? 35/36?
Currently not, but I was already considering it. Have to give it another thought :)

OK, the entry test now tolerates 1 missing point and will let you continue even with 35/36. At least temporarily - I do not promise keeping it permanently in this way. More likely I will make the weight of some answers equal to zero later, so that it rather matters which question you answer wrong, than just simply tolerate one missing point.

The problem Benny experienced should be fixed too.

Since I received threats of removing my testicles from an unnamed but well known ultra-national Australian extremist if he remains listed under the British team, I decided avoiding it and added another drop-down box in the search menu on the User Map page - when in the modes "list", "photos", or "details", you can now sort freedivers not only by the default country of residence, but also by their nationality, or ungrouped and sorted alphabetically by their user names.

BTW, there is another relatively new interesting feature I forgot to mention - all regular members (those who won or received an account upgrade from the default free version, or those who paid for it) can use two flashy short email addresses on the domain apnea.cz. The first one uses the login name (for example freediver452@apnea.cz) and the other one uses the surname, the family name, or the combination of both (depending if the other addresses are already taken by someone else - for example zoe@apnea.cz or bill.gates@apnea.cz). In fact it works not only with apnea.cz, but also with the alias domain names ApneaBase.org and ApneaBase.com - so if you have the address of zoe@apnea.cz, you can use also zoe@apneabase.com and zoe@apneabase.org. Hence it total it makes not two but six free email addresses for you. All of the email sent to those addresses will arrive to your regular mailbox (the one with the email address you registered with APNEA.cz) - you do not need to change any settings in your email program (except if you want to change the FROM or REPLY-TO addresses). All you need to be able using the addresses is logging into your APNEA.cz profile and activating the option (just under your standard email address).

Reactions: BennyB
BTW, the sorting by name allows displaying a nice and compact mosaic of all members:
faces.jpg

Reactions: Jorg
Thanks, Jorg! BTW, since you won the PRO upgrade earlier this year, you are one of those who can activate the free email addresses. And you can also use the team feature - when you log into your account and go then to APNEA.cz - Teams, you can click the "manage" link at the team that you (probably) mistakenly already created (Sanne), rename it to for example Shark Bait (just like the real name of your team), and invite Sanne to join you there. There are many team features still in the work, and I hope it will soon become really helpful for freediving clubs and groups.

And I also changed the size limit for uploading the user photos - originally it was limited to 50kB which may have caused that some photos were rejected. So if it happened to you and your photo is not on the User List although you uploaded one, please try again - now the size limit is up to 500kB which should be sufficient, unless you are trying to upload an unmodified photo from a high resolution camera. If it is your case but do not know how to reduce the file, please send me a PM.

even after many attempts still nothing
I see only two registration attempts under this login on two different days - that's still not that bad: three slightly wrong test results on 25th September and one attempt on 9th, with a result of 33/36, which means either one fatally wrong answer or 2-3 less serious mistakes. Reading carefully the questions and answers before answering, and possibly verifying some facts on the web (or in the DB archive) may help.

Nope, I go through the 5 terms and conditions and click I agree on all of them then after the 5th one it takes me back to the "Please enter your true birth date!" error message. I've done that twice now with the same result. Argh!!
I'm having this exact same problem - both from my home computer and my work laptop.

even after many attempts still nothing

Just forget it, there is nothing interesting at mediabase, just a bunch of empty links. But to cover it trux made a lot of restrictions. Last 6 month he was busy to block access from all anonymous proxy around a world rofl

Just forget it, there is nothing interesting at mediabase, just a bunch of empty links. But to cover it trux made a lot of restrictions. Last 6 month he was busy to block access from all anonymous proxy around a world rofl
Osusim, I watch your hateful comments about my work since the moment I launched the website, and although I do not understand what level of personal frustration drives your hatred, I find it rather amusing. Well, kind of. It is sad in the same time too.

No, APNEA.cz is not just bunch of dead links. Today, there are around 1,700 carefully manually collected freediving links in the database (mostly video and websites, but also many books, DVDs, documents, VHS, software, etc) and only a very small part of them are dead. However, even those expired links are cached and will be available to regular members. Besides it, the Media Base is only one small part of APNEA.cz. It also contains the interactive Apnea Training Manager - database of exercises, training manager, and a tool for dry training; it includes the buddy search map, list and map of freediving hosts (today there are 53 freedivers worldwide offering their hospitality), the team and club management software, and many other functions either already available or still in development.

Sure people like you do not add a lot of motivation for the further improvement and development that costs a lot of time and energy (and money too), but fortunately currently you stay isolated in your attitude. Most feedback I get is, unlike at you, fortunately rather positive, or constructively critical.

And no, I do not spend my time on blocking anonymous proxies - I have no interest in it. The system though analyzes all access to its files, and automatically detects hacking, cracking, spamming, and other suspicious activity and blocks such access channels. It also tries to remember and detect such people or bots with advanced techniques, so even a complete change of identity or a PC won't necessarily help you. If you fall under that category, I am sorry for you, but I won't make it too easy for those with malicious intentions to get inside.

Last edited:
When I read "Freedivers & Faces", I keep think this is Freedivers against sewage or what to do if caught short in a wetsuit!!! ;)

and only 26/36 - dam!

Last edited:
No, APNEA.cz is not just bunch of dead links.
You cannot prove it 'cos I cannot see it rofl
You banned me forever for small joke (may be you've got personal problems same day). But before I clicked to some links and found myself at Amazone error page. Is Amazone paying you for fake links?
Sleep well, it's just a joke, nobody want to crack you site ...

OK. I don't get it... I registered, and I got a quiz with 3 questions ... I definitely didn't get 36 questions... I don't know that I even know 36 separate things about freediving! rofl

Is this for registration to the apnea training manager, or something new and funky, that I'm missing....

steff

Last edited:
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT