• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Freedivers & Faces

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
In the logs, I see you tried on 7 occasions, having results between 29 to 35. When you get 35 you get automatically the possibility of another round (up to 4 rounds in a day). The test kicks you out immediately only if you have much lower result. The result of 29 means that you already gave several seriously incorrect answers, or gave many less fatally wrong answers (at 29 points it is up to 7 incorrect answers in a single test of 3 questions!). Hence the three results of 29, and four results of 31 indicate that you may need to look at some of the topics closer and study some theory - that's the exact purpose of the test. I do not really want that people go on blindly trying until they get through. I want to push them to read some documents and learning more about the risks discussed in the test.

Last edited:
There is one thing I would like to mention regarding freediving websites:

I have to say that the possibilities to get information, answers and contacts about freediving are superb.

Being relatively new to the sport it was one of the first things I noticed. There are lots of GREAT sites, be it DB or apnea.cz, where one can find the information needed. And if not there are connected forums where experienced freedivers answer, and this also in a fashion that surpised me.
There is no unwillingness to answers newbie questions or questions that have been asked several times before.
That is awesome.

I find that very exceptional since freediving is not what you would consider a mass sport... maybe it is due to this fact that the community is closer than in other sports and therefore more active.

So what I am trying to say is:

Everybody in charge of freediving websites or active in freediving forums... THANK YOU and PLEASE KEEP IT UP, it is very appreciated and you have my total respect!

...just my 2cents.

Last edited:
hey, how come i have to be 18 to register? is it some sort of liability thing?

hey, how come i have to be 18 to register? is it some sort of liability thing?
Yes, exactly. Sorry for that. You either have to be major, or have to ask your parents to sign a vaiwer that you send me. I will then enable the access for you.

Thanks for the update Trux... I added my photo up there.

I remember when I was trying to get through I just kept trying and trying. I remember having a lot of difficultly then I just kept at it and finally got through after about the 12th time in less then an hour. Not sure how I was doing it... sorry it was a while ago.

Yes, there was a bug briefly that, in some situations, allowed repeating the test more times than normally possible, but that is now plugged :)

Thanks for adding the photo!

Wow I got in at the right time then! :)... I remember trying to pass the test for a while before that. I took advantage of the timing once I knew about it :). Please forgive me haha.

No thank you Trux, your website is awesome! I love how you have the google map showing where all the divers are located. Very useful stuff and well put together!

BTW, I do sometimes crop, enhance, and reduce the size of some photos submitted by users, so if some of you see it happening to their photos, do not be afraid, the original photos do not get lost. I will make them available in the full size later in a popup window when clicking on the small thumbnail. It is just not finished yet.

Awesome website trux. I love the part where it knows where i live from my IP. Ill throw my face in there as well. The real test is if i can only remember my password.. HMMMMM

Awesome website trux. I love the part where it knows where i live from my IP. Ill throw my face in there as well. The real test is if i can only remember my password.. HMMMMM
If you don't, you can reset it and have the system send you a new one. I store the passwords in an assymetrically encrypted form, so they cannot be decrypted even by myslef, and hence the server cannot send you the original password, but if you request a password reset on the login page, you'll get a new one by email. For security reasons it is done in two steps - in the first email you get a temporary link for the reset, and after doing it, you get second email with the new password.

BTW, I do sometimes crop, enhance, and reduce the size of some photos submitted by users, so if some of you see it happening to their photos, do not be afraid, the original photos do not get lost. I will make them available in the full size later in a popup window when clicking on the small thumbnail. It is just not finished yet.

OK, this is now done. You can click the thumbnail photos to get a full size one. It will not work if the original image is of the same size as the thumbnail. I think around a third of the images are that small - mostly those of the Cyrnea team members. At others the full size view should work. The loading of the image may take a while if you are on a slow connection and the photo is big.

Nah my sources tell me you're doing alright ;)

I'm not liking this Benny! Who have you been talking to? Slanderous lies all of them! Blaspheme!

Yeah I suppose I am doing alright! A few meters shy of the 35m depth mark. Don't really care about static or any pool based disciplines too much. It isn't why I got into free-diving.

I think you can truly call yourself a free diver when you can successfully use the subject to impress people at parties. :martial

rofl rofl

I think you can truly call yourself a free diver when you can successfully use the subject to impress people at parties.
Yeah but you have to do it in a french accent and stare into the distance as you talk about it :D

Wow, hadn't visited apnea.cz for quite a while and found some very amusing new upgrades there - especially the section where you can find freedivers all around the world. Great work, trux!

And hey you bums, when I registered (when trux launched the site), I got through the test with the 3rd time! :D

Ivo I am doing the test now but after I answer the questions and submit it takes me straight to the Registration page and in red letters says "Please enter your true birth date!" So I put in my username, password, repeat password and birth date again and it makes me do the test again, I submit and get the correct birth date message again.

I'm pretty sure i'm getting the questions right this time!

And hey you bums, when I registered (when trux launched the site), I got through the test with the 3rd time! :D
Yeah, I agree, it is not that difficult as some try to claim :). The statistics at APNEA.cz - Site Statistics (based on +2000 test attempts) show that the average is 3.5 attempts per user, so anyone needing more than four attempts should consider taking some theory lessons :) The majority of users came through on the first attempt or within the first registration session (it means 2-3 attempts).

As for new features - there is much more than just the User Map with freedivers' locations and the hosting list, but I do not want to permanently spam DB with the announcements of my own website here each time I add one (Papa Smurf as well as members could be rightly upset), so I just post the new features in my changelog and some of them in the forum on APNEA.cz. Some of the newer features are listed in this thread APNEA.cz - User Forum

The forum and the Private Messaging, unlike the commonly used vBulletin or phpBB, and just like all the rest of the APNEA.cz system are my own and quite fresh software development, so there are still many bugs (not really having enough time and sufficient feedback to clean them up rapidly). However, the most important parts work, so if you are interested you are welcome to check out the threads in the forum, or add your own comments, suggestions, or bug reports - both regarding the software, and the training exercises in ATM, or even regarding media and other links in the Media Base.

One of the most important features is the possibility to create teams. I did it with the specific purpose for our local club Cyrnéa, but is now available to other APNEA.cz members too. The team functionality of APNEA.cz allows better and easier club and training management, and you can create a club website with it rather easily - see the one of Cyrnéa as a working example. Since we are 50 in the club with many new members changing each year, the "trombinoscope" helps us to remember each others names, there are subscription forms, team blog (will be release in the next days), private club forum, training and event calendar (still in works), and of course the Media Base, and Apnea Training Manager (ATM). The ATM is connected with the training planner and calender, so instructors can simply pick up training session from the database, adjust the levels for individual groups, print them out and bring to the pool.

APNEA.cz allows setting privacy levels for your personal data in the Profile. By default most of them are hidden to public, but are (or may be) shared with your team (or buddies only) - so if you log into the team website, you then see much more details than regular visitors about the other members - the user list then includes full names, phone numbers and emails of other members, and additionally all those details can be downloaded as so called "vCards" (virtual business cards) or an entire address book directly into Outlook, Eudora, or other email programs, or even directly into your cell phone - and that including the fancy thumbnails (see below), so you see the faces of your team mates when they call you.
phone.jpg
Currently Cyrnéa is the only functional team on APNEA.cz, but there are two others - Jorg created one, but I think rather by mistake then intentionally (putting the name of his buddy into the wrong field in his profile), and Jhonalex created a team intentionally, but it was in the very first days after releasing the beta version of this functionality, so I believe he abandoned it thinking it did not work (which was partly true at the beginning).

Now it is though much better working, though not yet fully completed. So if you have a local club or a group of people and are in a need of an independent forum (the team forums have both private and public parts), training planning, user member map, club website, club blog, club address book, etc - you can use APNEA.cz for that. Any APNEA.cz members can join an existing team, but you need a regular (paid bu cheap) account for founding the team.

Ivo I am doing the test now but after I answer the questions and submit it takes me straight to the Registration page and in red letters says "Please enter your true birth date!" So I put in my username, password, repeat password and birth date again and it makes me do the test again, I submit and get the correct birth date message again.

I'm pretty sure i'm getting the questions right this time!
Hmm, strange. Ben, are you sure you passed the test with 36/36? In the logs I see only 35/36. Or did you use another lgon than BennyB? Are you getting a warning about missing cookies on the left top corner of the window? Well, anyway, I changed the status of your account (BennyB), so if you log in now, it should bring you directly to the Terms & Conditions where you can then hopefully complete the registration.

I don't know if I passed or failed, it seemed to bypass that page. As soon as I clicked Submit, it went straight back to the registration page with the date of birth error message. No warnings about cookies and I used the same BennyB login. Oh well, i'll have another look now that you've amended the account.

Cheers

Nope, I go through the 5 terms and conditions and click I agree on all of them then after the 5th one it takes me back to the "Please enter your true birth date!" error message. I've done that twice now with the same result. Argh!!

OK, Ben, there is likely some atypical problem. I am just heading out, but will look at it in about 2-3 hours. I'll contact you by PM for some more details.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT