• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Freediving vs Auto-Asphyxiation

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

island_sands

Erection Supervisor ;)
Supporter
Jan 19, 2001
I went to lunch on Friday with some friends, and met some new people.

I was asked why on earth would I ever want to hold my breath and dive, starve myself of oxygen (words of the speaker, not mine) as opposed to diving comfortably and staying down longer, on scuba tanks?

A chirp from the other side of the table was "probably for the same reason why some people practise "auto-asphyxiation".

rofl rofl

There was a thread about this sometime ago... ;) talking about the "feelings" some people get when they hold their breath..

well i nearly fell of my chair laughing... so what's your reason? (c'mon admit it) :D

oh sara - you do always start the best discussions!

if only Michael Hutchence had discovered freediving in time....................

Ok, I had to edit that...

Just two words "pearl diving"...

For those who get it... :girlie

Oh man, I really am sick...

Last edited:
Reactions: DeepThought
jome said:
Ok, I had to edit that...

Just two words "pearl diving"...

For those who get it... :girlie

Oh man, I really am sick...

or pearl necklace?
rofl

Come on man you know it... the word even has it implied rather vividly...

FREEdiving as oposed to OMGSLAVETOATANKscuba.

I try to explain some people that when your ability to do breathholds increases recreational dives to shallow depths hardly feel strainous on the body...

Polorutz said:
Come on man you know it... the word even has it implied rather vividly...

FREEdiving as oposed to OMGSLAVETOATANKscuba.

I try to explain some people that when your ability to do breathholds increases recreational dives to shallow depths hardly feel strainous on the body...

pero vamos tio, esto no la cuestion aqui ;) there is something else implied...

rofl rofl I know... hehe

Besides... I know im not the only one who feels this but sometimes after a breathhold you feel like you're high... you know dude? rofl :duh

Reactions: island_sands
Polorutz said:
rofl rofl I know... hehe

Besides... I know im not the only one who feels this but sometimes after a breathhold you feel like you're high... you know dude? rofl :duh

that's "dudette" guapo! :D

oh yes definitely feel high but not as much as the guy over lunch was suggesting rofl rofl

What about all those 'straps' and 'belts' and 'bouyancy compensators' and 'zippers'. Some people just need more help from technology I guess.

come on Sara, no one is going to admit to this unless you do first!

Alison said:
I think its more of a soapy neoprene thing Sam ;) Does it for me :eek:

rofl yeah its the way a wetsuit hugs everything and holds it all in :eek:
and that final zzzzzzzzzzzzzzip! not to mention the feeling of the crotch strap from my harness rofl rofl

ha ha ha.... god I hate the whole soapy thing... certainly not that part that does it for me.. are you nuts????!!!

(fade to suicide blonde..................)

Reactions: shoutatthesky
samdive said:
ha ha ha.... god I hate the whole soapy thing... certainly not that part that does it for me.. are you nuts????!!!

it depends what you are soaping up :D

samdive said:

Must be cos I'm a northener ;) Now if the men up here wear socks to bed, what is it the women wear? :eek:

(fade to "All night long".... Rainbow)

i think the whole buzz on diving is the "relationship" you can have with someone under water... the "knowing look" through the mask ....

Generally somewhat smaller socks.

Hey, on another note...Got my 5mm Elios out for the first time since last winter (which is when I got it). Last year I could barely get the thing on. The bottoms were fine - even with no lube - but the top! I'd be standing in a pool of hairconditioner - my shoulders threatening to dislocate as I struggled vainly to get my head in there. This year I inserted a small bucket through the neck hole for a few weeks first and voila! barely needed any lubeage and it's monstrously warm.

First dive in it set a new record for missed photo ops - one of those one-off days, but I certainly was comfortable.

Knowing look; You mean like this?

Last edited:
Fondueset said:
Generally somewhat smaller socks.

Hey, on another note...Got my 5mm Elios out for the first time since last winter (which is when I got it). Last year I could barely get the thing on. The bottoms were fine - even with no lube - but the top! I'd be standing in a pool of hairconditioner - my shoulders threatening to dislocate as I struggled vainly to get my head in there. This year I inserted a small bucket through the neck hole for a few weeks first and voila! barely needed any lubeage and it's monstrously warm.

First dive in it set a new record for missed photo ops - one of those one-off days, but I certainly was comfortable.

Knowing look; You mean like this?
Well a smaller denier anyways ;)

Seriously, you have that much trouble getting into your suit? Is it your hair? I use a swim cap to keep it together.

no Sara, not WHAT you are soaping up.. but WHO you are soaping up... : )

and just WHO I (or you for that matter) would like to be soaping should also be kept quiet I feel........................... mmmmmmmmmmmmmm there's a thought........

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT