• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

From Italy to South West Ireland

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
yes, I'm aware that it was a rare situation

not raining or hard sea but a so continuous difficult situation

as said, there were some places where I could get into the water but I wanted to dive into some typical ones and it wasn't possible at that time

in england (stansted-london) the weather was more than ok either at arrival and at departure

in kerry never, unfortunately

about the vis, for me it's not a problem if it's also 2mt because I'm used to spearfish with this vis

for many italians, under 10 mt, there's almost no vis but for us, in the middle adriatic, 2 mt is standard, 3-4 mt is perfect

it'll be next time

about cornwall, I was curious also about this legendary region

england is even much easier for me as my city is connected with stansted every day so it'll very comfortable to organize a trip

tks for the info

emidio

I'm just caming back from an afternoon on the sea with the boat

so much sun and good fish

tomorrow we'll go again

anyhow I still am fascinating about your places (I mean ireland and uk, especially the sides exposed to the ocean and touched by the gulf stream)

I'm sure it's just a matter of time. I'll come back again :)

before leaving I was complaining (even if I don't like complaining generally) about the excessive hot in italy but now I appreciate the weather much more

it's important to be aware of the positive sides of the places where one is living without looking too much at the bad ones

emidio

Did someone say tuna?

I'm planning a trip to Ireland in September. Any suggestions on where to set up a tuna free diving spear trip?

Hi seahunter.
charters page We are indeed fortunate to have such a diverse range of species available to us. Some 30+ species www.blue-fin-tuna-charters.com

The above link is to a sea angling boat near me they head out from Mullaghmore and I hope maybe to go out diving with them when the tuna start coming in usually September'ish. I know they catch blue shark on a catch and return basis dont know about tuna. They may also be anti spearo I dont know but if its for next year I will try and sound them out for you. A few others have expressed intrest in it as well but while I know spearing here is ok for some fish species I dont know if spearing tuna is ok.

Hi Fcallagy

I will be in Ireland this September and would appreciate any suggestions for free dive spearing. I'm a nothern California free diver and am used to cold water diving in my 5 mil Ellios open cell suit. Average water vis here is 6' to the very unusual 30'. Water temp 46f to 56f.

Since I have no itinerary, I can make plans based on diving location.

I hope to arrange my stay around shore diving. Ideally, I would rent a house and car for a week and dive where I can drive.

Any suggestions for good visibility fishy shore dives?

Sea Hunter

seahunter,
near me in Donegal is St johns point and usually has a spot dive regardless of weather on one side or the other the vis there is usually good. are you looking to spear or just dive?

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT