• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Go Herbert Go !!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

fpernett

Nov 7, 2001
From 29th September to 4th Oct Herbert Nitsch will try to beat the World Record in: CWT, CNF, FIM, VWT and NLT (I just read it from AIDA website).

I think that 6 days is too tight (but it's Herbert). I believe that he will stick to the categories he's stronger (CWT and FIM)

Good luck to him

Reactions: samdive
I looked at Herbert during the training en competition in Nice. He looked very strong and determined to get some records back....

and don't forget Herbert - this time TWO bowls of pasta : )

Interesting choice of location. That is where Kike Curavic lives. Is he involved in the event somehow?

Thank you everybody – this is the kind of motivation I need!

Frank, I will not attempt all the announced disciplines, but I hope it will be more then two. (can’t tell you any details, because I don’t know myself) I do have my “Shorty 2” with me. It is a 160cm long sled. It looks like I found it on junkyard, but it is my baby!

Sam, I will have 3 bowls of pasta!

Vlado, it is a coincident that it is close to where Kike lives. It is the closest saltwater for me, which is deep enough.

Anybody who wants to visit, drop me a line.

Reactions: Memo and samdive
Herbert said:

Frank, I will not attempt all the announced disciplines, but I hope it will be more then two.

I think we all hope that too. I wish you good weather and a calm sea.

Go for it.

Hey Herbert

I think I'll go. If only I get some time off work. I heard U the atempt should be 5-6km from the coas of island Žirije? I sure hope u'll have some nice weather because it gets kinda crazy if there is only the slightest wind.

I talked to some friends in Croatia and they said that Ambra should also atempt for a national record and maybe a gril also... :girlie

It sounds like its going to be very interesting and I wouldn't want to miss it.

Good luck im sure U will do it.

Best of luck Herbert. Let me know the results and any pics and we'll post them onto the main site and news sites.

Hi guys!

Herbert is comming,on 20th Oct.,to Croatia,to do some trainings and preparations for the records.

The record days will be as Frank said.

-If I passed my exam,I`m going there to saftey him and to do some trainings also.
-There are 5 annoucements for the World records(Herbert`s of course),and 2 National.
One is mine and for others will see.

-If someone wants to come he can contact me,to see about the accomodation.
Anyway, I will keep you inform for latest news and stories.

regards!

when is it? one post about says 29 sept, another says 20 oct...

if its 20 Oct I wanna come!! if its 29 sept I'm in Dahab (not that that is so bad!)

As I said, He is comming on 20th for some trainings and preparations.
And record days are from 29-04!

exactly when I am in Dahab going for records of my own (like how good a suntan I can get) - oh well - good luck Herbert. Next time I'll come along and cook the pasta.

Herbert said:

Hi Herbert,
I am sure you are going to do your best. Just do not forget to bring ALL parts of the sled with you rofl. I am extremely sorry that I will not be able to be there. I wish you all the best, nice weather and new records.
Best dives,
Marko Kleoncic

Good luck Herbert, it would be nice to see you on the top of the heap again :)
Have fun,
Erik Y.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT