• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Go Herbert Go !!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Herbert is done with all the pre-requisites dives for all the disciplines.

104 - CWT
80 - CNF
103 - FIM
134 - WVT
170 - NLT

..and he did a dive to the end of his rope yesterday !!! (NL)

The question is now: How deep can he dive?

/Bill

I must confess I was struck with some disbelief. As far as I know (which is very little in this case) Herbert has little time for training.

Now someone give us all the facts:
1) What does he do inbetween flights
2) What is his lung volume
3) His Vo2 max
4) His resting pulse
5) his equalization technique for NLT
6) his suit data and weighting in CNF/FIM/CWT
7) What foodsupplements does he take
8) How does his warm-up look like

Send out your spies, show us the papparazzi photos, interrogate his divingfriends.

One thing I have understood is that Herbert is usually among the first to adopt new techniques; mouthfill, hook breathing, monofin, packing....and he seldom complains about the rules - he just learns them.

Good luck and stay healthy Herbert!
And hopefully no LMC in the SP :)

Sebastian

Come on Herbert! You will do it! You're The One!

Bill, please post here every single detail of these incredible dives ASAP!

Go Herbert!! :)

The 80m CNF impresses me the most, any chance we'll get to see some videos of his training dives incase he won't make attempts of all records?

The Prerequisites validity is in this case verifyed by a doctor and the board od AIDA Austria. Normaly the judge can't check this info directly, but we have to belive the national AIDA 100% (as always :)

Herbert lung volume(if I remember right) was in Hawaii 2002, 7,4 lit and with packing close to 12.

...and Herbert is like nobody else, he come up with all the new things himself. Now he have a BRAN-NEW equalization technique for sled dives. (!!!)

You can see his lung exersice on one of the pictures at: http://www.apneamania.com/scripts/dscf0028(1).jpg

/Bill

ps...

Herbert need a longer line... the line he using is "only" 200m.

If some body can help him to get a 230+ meter line, asap... it would be great !

/Bill

Billextreme said:
the line he using is "only" 200m.

Wait a second. You mentioned that during his NL dive he was at the end of the rope. Do you mean he was at 200m?

And what about that brand new equalization technique?

Keep on posting everything you know, Bill!

Herbert - be safe! Wish you all the best!

Bill,

It will be maybe an official 200 meter No limit dive from Herbert? He is amazing... :)

Two of my teamate and me will be tomorrow morning in Sibenik. How can we meet with you guys? We dont want to miss Herbert's record rains!!

Regards, Balázs

Bill,
In what order will the dives be made?,and what is he doing inflating a bicycle tube? Probably has a 100psi gauge on the bottom!

go herbert go!

Yes... he was at the end of the rope... but the curent was bad. (soo "only" 185m)

....I'm sorry I don't have my F1 yet. It would be great to put that on Herbert.

/Bill

Bill,
could you please ask Herbert to tell us a little about his training, techniques and preparation here on deeperblue when he has some time? i'm sure i'm not the only one who would like to know more about how he's able to achieve these amazing things! :) individually those dives are very impressive, but to be breaking all 5 records at once is something else...

One favourite story from my Herbert Archive.

Herbert training deepdiving in very dark lake with a divingbuddy ready to meet from surface. Small float and rope for safety and guidance.
Herbert decides to pull himself up from the darkness (hardly sees the line).
Diving buddy at surface sees the float beeing pulled down into depth.
Makes quick decision to try to follow the rope and the float down into the darkness.
Meets Herbert at unknown depth (where it i still very dark).
Herbert holding on to somewhat deflated float - wondering which way is up.

I heard it from someone who heard it from someone...

Sebastian

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT