• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Great sayings

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Any one of the sayings in the movie Pulp fiction does it for me.

Wouldn't want Marcellus turning "Medieval" on me :waterwork Ouch.

With regards the t-shirt above. I always knew being naughty would reap its reward.

Nice Pair (o) (o)

Shane

Yes, I love it. The sea is everything. It covers seven-tenths of the terrestrial globe.
Its breath is pure and healthy. It is an immense desert where man is never alone for he feels life, quivering around him on every side. There is supreme tranquility. The sea does not belong to despots. On its surface iniquitous rights can still be exercised, men can fight there, devour each other there, and transport all terrestrial horrors there.
But at thirty feet below its level their power ceases, their influence dies out, their might disappears.
Ah, sir, live in the bosom of the waters! There alone is independence.
There I recognise no masters! There I am free.
Jules Verne, 20000 Leageus Under The Sea.

:D :D

“I find the great thing in this world is not so much where we stand as in what direction we are moving: To reach the port of heaven, we must sail sometimes with the wind and sometimes against it, but we must sail and not drift, nor lie at anchor.”

Got this from OceanSwimer's sig. One of the best quotes I've seen.

:cool:

..Credit where it's due....:)

Thanks, DiverD.
The quote is from Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr. of whom Chief Justice Hughes said:

"The most beautiful and the rarest thing in the world is a complete human life,
unmarred, unified by intelligent purpose and uninterrupted accomplishment, blessed by great talent employed in the worthiest activities, with a deserving fame never dimmed and always growing. Such a rarely beautiful life is that of Mr. Justice Holmes."

--He lived an amazing life and maintained enthusiastic and optimistic outlook his entire lifetime.

He also said,
"Death plucks my ears and says, 'Live -- I am coming.' "

Pretty remarkable for a man seriously wounded three times in the Civil War, taught Law at Harvard & served 30 years as Supreme Court Justice. He wrote (among other things) The Book of Common Law.

...a Few More good ones...

:eek:
Been doing my share of reading lately...and of course the good lines are irresistable!

"Mediocrity knows nothing higher than itself; but talent instantly recognizes genius…" The Valley of Fear, by Conan Doyle

also by Conan Doyle:

"There are times, young fellah, when every one of us must make a stand for human right and justice, or you never feel clean again." The Lost World

"It may be that you are not yourself luminous, but you are a conductor of light. Some people without possessing genius have a remarkable power of stimulating it."
The Hound of the Baskervilles
"It is a lovely thing to live with courage, and die leaving an everlasting fame." --Alexander the Great

"You know that the more magnificent the prospect, the lesser the certainty, and also the greater the passion." -Sigmund Freud

Last edited:
A good friend will come bail you out of jail; a true friend will be sitting next to you saying "Damn! We f**ked up!"

" I Fear the man who drinks water and so remembers today what the rest of us said last night!"

Roman Proverb

"The journey of a thousand miles begins with a broken fan belt and a flat tyre"

" No one is listening until you fart"

"If you think nobody cares wether you're alive or dead, try missing a couple of mortgage payments"

Bad Taste Alert!!!

You were warned so don't neg Karma me!

I figure that enough time has gone by and hey, I work in the business so.....

"Hey, it was just a little piece of foam. How much damage could it do?"

Famous Last Words

Ever wonder how many of America's Funniest Home Videos began with the words,

"Hey, everybody, -- watch this!"

"Success in life depends on how you handle Plan B. Anyone can handle Plan A."

Edy (sp?) -- Biologist on discovery channell designing submersible cameras.

About the foam saying: Are you guys talking about the space shuttle???

Thats Sick man :D :D

Life's greatest happiness is to be convinced we are loved.
Victor Hugo (1802 - 1885), Les Miserables, 1862

"woof,woof,woof. Thats my other dog impression"

Odd ball in kellys heros:D

See ya babe

Some bumber stickers:

"Please call home, your village misses its idiot"

"Imagine Whirled Peas"

"I love animals, they taste soooo good!"

"Rehab is for quitters!"

"I'm allergic to cats, they make my trigger finger itch."

From Thomas Jefferson:

"Reason and free inquiry are the enemies of error. They are the enemies of error and error alone"

"Security is mostly a superstition.
It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all." -- Helen Keller

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT