• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Guernsey 2016

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
HI All. My first trip report for 4 years!! There's not much diving at 1200m up a mountain! I did do some spear fishing in the med last year in southern Spain, that was quite interesting. Lots of small fish, nothing take able apart from octopus.

Went in out west yesterday over the low tide and ended up with a hefty 4 hour swim, bit more than I had planned, was great to be back in the water the viz was ok and not cold. Swam over miles of kelp only smaller spiders seen and lots of Rockies, all left alone ;-). I checked out all my favorite lobster holes but nothing, was struggling with ears. The tide was too low for the weed beds to work as they out of the water and after 4 hours was too tired to wait for tide to come in.

Hope to be going in again over the low today at the sharp place!

Andy

image.jpg
Finally got it for a couple of hours with Matt on sat afternoon. Headed west on the low and it was the first time I have been hunting this year with a loaded gun. Previous trips have either been scalloping with no gun or flatty hunting with a un- loaded gun. Got off to a great start by not clipping my float on only to be notified by Matt that it was still back where we started!
Viz was ok for the first half of the dive, spent some time over the sand and in sandy gullies looking for flats when I came across a nice bass which was put on the stringer for dinner. Saw a couple of small Pollocks and some mullet but they were all left alone. Viz was rubbish for the 2nd half so not much seen at all. Was good to get in at last and make the most of the beautiful weather, with the added bonus of fresh bass for dinner.:)

hi all. not spearfishing...sorry but a friend is after a spare ticket for the Sat night. His son is playing. He tells me its sold out and he cant cant get a ticket. If anyone becomes aware of a spare ticket for the Sat night, please pm me and i will put him in touch. many thanks cheers mike

They are like gold dust mate!... luckily I have a weekend ticket for myself ;0

Hello all, I'm back again spishing as the sea has gone disgustingly flat. Drove home from work last night and the weather looked amazing so could not resist s dip. Ended up down by Perelle looking for a bass. The tide was way too high and it was proper murky so very nearly blanked.

On the way back in though did some drops in 2m of water and just sat on the bottom. After 40sec a little dinner plate swam past slightly too close

Was anyone else diving down Perelle last night ? When I first got in I spotted another spearo, they weren't using a float though which made keeping track of them a nightmare.

When I started I didn't use a float, and it makes shallow stalking easier, but on the whole for all involved its much much safer.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    166 KB · Views: 221
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    167.6 KB · Views: 202
Last edited:
Went for a dip again yesterday eve , very calm and clear but no fish seen , think it was too clear, still, and warm.

Got bored of blanking so grabbed a couple of lobsters and went in.

Anyone else find the bass fishing drops off inshore when it's calm/July ?

Reactions: bombadil
Haven't been in since I last posted but managed a hour or so with Jonny and Chris at a well known fishing spot. Was abit choppy with little viz in shallows. Did a few drops into the bootlace as the tide was to high to stalk through and just sat there as the swell lifted and dropped me as the bootlace also lifted and flattened. Came across a nice 6lb bass which ended up on the stringer. After that I moved out over the sand where the viz was much better, lots of drops but no flatties found. Stalked the weed on the way in as the tide had dropped but only saw a few large mullet. Bass for dinner:)
image.jpg

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT