• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Holiday Guernsey 2009

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
It's been so long i've forgotton how to swim :) I'm sure i'll get the hang of it quickly, aided by zider and the firepit!

Reactions: podge
, aided by zider and the firepit!

Good stuff Juan, but you do understand that you’ll be banned from roasting Marshmallows while under the influence, as last time it all ended in tears, that’ll be tears of pain for you and tears of laughter for us.:):):)

You gentlemen organising your yearly trip again! sjoe..time goes quick!!! enjoy..good luck :)

Reactions: podge
Still four months yet!
My lobster contact has giving up fishing but I have a new contact now although I have a feeling the price might go up a little?
I haven't got down to organising a time table of events as yet but I have been thinking about doing that soon.
I am feeling confident this is going to be the best one yet, we have been giving the club house a bit of a make over & added a few more seats.
(got to get a fireguard for Spaniard junior)

The fireguard will also help Spaniard Snr - molten marshmallow springs to mind!! We are really looking forward to it; will be Lola's first holiday and aeroplane experience and she might just catch more Bass than Daddy! Hopefully she won't drink more cider than me and Camilla knows it aint far from Firepit to Peninsula Hotel!!! :friday:friday

Would any one want to go to the Captains table in Herm again?
Was it fun & worth £25?
If we would like to go I will need to book it very soon.
(same price this year - £25 includes boat fair & meal)

I'm up for it Mart, twas a great night out:friday:friday

I love Herm too so that makes three yeses, however I might make some enquiries about the Hog roast they are doing this summer but I think it is only for parties of 50?

Well as Herm has new tenants for this year they have some new offers to run alongside "The Captains Table"
So we have the option of the less formal Mermaid Tavern BBQ or bar meal menu or the "Hot Rock" restaurant.
Here is there web site Herm Island but I reckon the BBQ sounds like a pleasant change = two courses + boat fare £20.50.

We are up for it all so long as we can somehow sort out Lola (spaniard jnr). We'll see closer to the time! :friday

Mart the Courtyard menu looks pretty good, that 10oz Ribeye with a couple of bottles of Fleuie don’t half sound tempting.:):)
But on the other hand you've got to go a fair way to better a good bit of BBQ.
I'd be happy with any of it mate.

Reactions: apneaboy
We are up for it all so long as we can somehow sort out Lola (spaniard jnr). We'll see closer to the time! :friday
I think Lola might be aright in the outside area of the Mermaid as it is a partly covered courtyard so you can push her around or even go for a walk to the beach.

Podge, as far as I know the beef is all organic & grown on the Island but for some stupid reason the poor cows have to be brought to Guernsey to be slaughtered.

I think you lot might end pushing me about in some type of chair with wheels..:friday:friday All sounds great! Can't wait already...:):)

I'll go with the majority decision on the food and the Fleuirie sounds very good:)

I think you lot might end pushing me about in some type of chair with wheels..:friday:friday All sounds great! Can't wait already...:):)

I’ll give thee a push mate, straight towards the bar.:friday:friday
Not long now!:)

Good news from birchy....
"quote Hi Dave and all

Definitely - all booked up, flight and accommo - even if I have to use the week to learn to surf! New Elios too - took a bit of customising from Dave S but feels real toasty - only on the shower so far! "quote.

Just caught up with this thread but of course count me and Mrs S. in for anything going - plus the usual evening round at ours for anyone interested.:friday:friday

Attachments

• Foxy.JPG
    Foxy.JPG
    433 KB · Views: 130
  • IMGP1947.jpg
    IMGP1947.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 124
  • IMGP1949.jpg
    IMGP1949.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 137
  • IMGP1945.jpg
    IMGP1945.jpg
    165.7 KB · Views: 133
  • party2.JPG
    party2.JPG
    501.7 KB · Views: 127
...and for those of you staying at Le Chene Hotel, Petit Bot Bay nearby scored no.5 in today's Top 20 secret beaches in the UK in the Sunday Times travel supplement. Will try to scan it in soon.

Attachments

• cider.jpg
    cider.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 126
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT