• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Home defense ?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Dam, pressed submit to early ;)

Alison that is horrible. Thats gotta hurt real bad. How did they pull that out.

And yes, slip-tips and groins do not go together

<<Did the guy have any brain damage?>>

I know in alot of guys the brain is around that area so he may have sustained damage ! (Just kidding :) )

he should have reloaded and fired again. stupid punkass gang kids. pitty he didn't have a 12ga instead of some little pnumo steel slinger.

Glad he was cleared. in this country he would go to jail and the little punk would walk free. :head

Originally posted by portinfer
<<Did the guy have any brain damage?>>

I know in alot of guys the brain is around that area so he may have sustained damage !

You and me both ;)

Amphibious - I was suprised that the homeowner didn't get jailed - a few years back someone shot a robber (didn't kill him) and got jailed for 2 years. The robber got off free and went off to do more crime.

Sounds like Canada has the same stupid laws as here.

Protect teh criminals! :(

Ben that case involved an unarmed teenager, who was shot in his lower body while he was halfway in through the window.

Reasoning therefore relied on the technicality that at the moment the boy was shot there was no actual "break of entry" only tresspassing.

Hence the excessive force deemed unreasonable by the nature of the offence and the standards, held by courts, representative of the manner in which an average person would have reacted to a similar situation.

Last edited:
Really! Here in California the law states that if a stranger is found in your house at night, you are presumed to be in fear of your life and that of your family. Deadly force is justifiable. (Think what it must be like in Texas! :D)

Originally posted by Baur
Hence the excessive force deemed unreasonable by the nature of the offence and the standards, held by courts, representative of the manner in which an average person would have reacted to a similar situation.

Is it just me or are the courts totally out of touch with reality? A few years ago here in Oz a rape conviction was over-turned because the victim had a short skirt on, and was deemed to be "asking for it". Thankfully that Judge was retired 2 weeks later. :mad:

I'd like to see the average Judge or Lawyers reaction to having someone climb into your window at night. :hmm

It happened to me I lived above a shop and in my kitchen I had a window in the roof (skylight window) in the middle of the night I was awoken by a noise coming from the kitchen I got out of bed to find a leg hanging through the window I shit myself, I shouted at him and he pulled his leg back out slid down the roof and away, he must have thought he could get to the shop through the window. For months later it affected me and I could not go to bed without closing all the windows and I would awake in the middle of the night to make sure they were all shut and any noise I would wake up.
YakDiver

All the reason for everyone to have a trusty 12-gauge. Hopefully the little gang punk learned his lesson. Probably not.

Good on yer, Batray, I favor the Browning Pump, myself because it can be used either left or right-handed. And there is nothing, but nothing that says "Freeze, mister!" like the sound of a round jacking into the chamber of a pumpgun in the dark.

Reactions: Murat and BatRay
Never tried the Browning, but I've heard some good things about it. Sounds like a nice gun. The Remington 870 holds a very special place in my heart, though! :inlove

Can you still buy Salt Shot ??
I imagine getting blasted by a round of 12G Salt shot would sting just a little and would cause enough pain to stop them but not do any long term damage.
Or what about those rubber bullets looks like they look like fun.
Could be a new Spinn of Series for T.V i can just see it.

''SURVIVER OLDSARGES HOUSE''

''Who will be the last Surviver At OldSarges house of Pain''
Old Sarge could stand there with a loaded Riffe and a Shottie strapped on his back and say "' Well Punk do you feel Lucky did i pull back one rubber or two Go ahead MAKE MY DAY""
Now that would be Entertainment

Crusty

My favorite home protection weapon is a Mossberg 12 guage pump. It comes with a short barrel and a short handle :D. Sarge is right about loading a round on a 12 guage, that noise can break any silence - QUICKLY. I keep mine loaded with #4 bird shot. Because of my wife and kids in the house - I don't want to kill anybody in their living room, but I don't want to use #8 shot either because that would be WAY too many holes to spackle.

I remember growing up leaving the house open the whole time and you'd get driven to the beach and leave the car open too...

Sad times.

When I was a kid I got shot in the ass with salt shot by a security guard at the huge Long Island Gold Coast estate owned by the estate of the deceased King Zog of Albania. Much like the Albanians, I didn't quite understand the concept of private property at the time, and the Muttontown area of Long Island where I grew up was mostly woods and meadows, so I felt free to range far and wide, as I pleased. Well, turns out the Zog estate was patrolled by enthusiastic guards in Jeeps, and while trying to flee one I took some salt in the butt just as I was getting clear of the open country and into thick woods where the Jeep couldn't go. Gentleman, it stung. Yes, it stung. It created an explanatory problem, too, as I was only 12 or so and now had a pair of trousers with a shredded backside to account for.

Reactions: DeepThought
Wow, that really is a bummer. You don't hear stories like that every day :D.

That's 'cause you're a girl. ;) Guys tell and get into stories like a lot more often than we like to let on. Not me, of course (he said, whistling innocently) :D

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT