• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

How do you pass the Winter?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Hunting just seems cruel to me. I would never do it. I even feel bad for the fish when i catch them. ;)

:head my bad, I was just lookin through stuff and it was on the first page. I also didnt realize the hunting convo was over:head

I didnt see all the rest of the pages

sorry guys :(

No matter :) It's still a valid conversation. Our winter started very suddenly. The normally mild Central Valley is going through a cold snap. The farmers are worried that they're going to lose the citrus crops.

Sadly I'm spending my winter working 6/week and trying to hold the house and yard together on Sunday. Certainly makes the vacations appreciated, though!

If I can’t spear I’ll be out on the boogie board and if I can’t do that I’ll be at home climbing the walls.

Been way, way too long since I went diving. I'm hoping to start running soon, as soon as my toes heal :)

I normally spend winter here on the beach :D Its the best time of year! rofl It's too hot in the summer to sit outside.

HOWEVER, we are actually having rain storms at the moment, which is going to make the rugby today very mushy and wet. We have had clouded skies for the last week, and spitting rain, and last night we actually had a thunderstorm.

Looks that way again today :(
http://gulfnews.com/weather/index.html

But after a bucket of beer or two at the rugby we should be warm :D It's going to be a high of 22degC today.

THAT'S COLD FOR THE DESERT :)

Well, my son-the-chef's girlfriend wants him to write a cookbook to be called How to Gain 20 lbs Before Winter: the bear's pre-hibernation cookbook and I'm thinking about helping him with the text. It's a not-very-sly dig at all the cream sauces and rich desserts he's been feeding all the roommates. At least it will keep me busy . . .

My sis and I were planning a road trip, but it ain't going to happen with the weather as it is. Oh well...I guess there's always spring break.

Oldsarge said:
Well, my son-the-chef's girlfriend wants him to write a cookbook to be called How to Gain 20 lbs Before Winter: the bear's pre-hibernation cookbook and I'm thinking about helping him with the text. It's a not-very-sly dig at all the cream sauces and rich desserts he's been feeding all the roommates. At least it will keep me busy . . .

mmmm that smells of Xmas Sarge :D

My Xmas will be smelling of fish... as spending the 27th-30th December with Miles and his wife.. lucky me!!

Reactions: foxfish
Wow, that sounds like fun. Are you going to go spearfishing?

Very, very awesome. You'll have to give a trip report on that.

aside from the pool and maybe the odd dive as i just did a nitrox course and need to rack up a few dives on it weather permitting i will be surfing tomorrow all going well. haven,t been on the board in over a year so should be a bit of a laugh and i wasn;t that good a year ago anyway. water temp is about 12 c i guess

Wow! we had a huge blizzard yesterday. They closed work early and I barely made it home. Just finally got plowed out. It's a bit windy but clear and sunny - thinking about going for a dive :)

Reactions: spaghetti
Snowing here today too, although nothing like what you've got there Chris!

Just finished helping Doug Sitter (one of our FreediveToronto club members) train for the World Championships in Egypt a couple weeks ago in the cold murky waters of Lk. Ontario, about a week ago I got in some fantastic diving in Bermuda, and I'm hoping to be able to dive somewhere sunny and warm soon. It looks like I'll be in the Grenadines (work again) for about 10 days over Christmas and New year's, and if so you can bet I'll be diving daily :D

Cheers all,
Aaron

studying for my written and Flight exams (commercial Heli Pilot) takes up most of my time these days.

might get a little hunting in later in Dec, then another knee surgery in January.

horray for winters :(

Reactions: flyboy748
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT