• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

How well do you think you breathe?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Reactions: sammydive and thud
hi

Whach out - don't get decieve God forbid all this practice

at the begining it look wonderful but at the end is a very bad experience- I agree with alun

i'm talking about serious experiments being done under controlled conditions.

I acept the science because God give this to us for good reasons
but talking about other religion or practice that doesn't come from God do not even think abou it

do not playing game with our espiritual enemy-- he can control your mind your soul and destroy you in a second if you let him- if not look to the example of the freedivers that did this kind of practice and see what was or is their condition now--all the temporal and minimo power our enemy can give you is to destroy you at the end---i see this many time in peoples life that is why I preache the gospel to help them to know the truth and to know the only reall God

have the mind of God and be saved and enjoy everything in good maner and a good way for God Glory as please him -

is very easy to know what is good and what comes from God I said this before - by the good fruits of the holy spirit you will know it-

God never exalt man glory- even Jesus humble himself- to show something

Last edited:
Reactions: thud and donmoore
neshamah -

I understand that you don't approve of some of the teachings or practices of other religions than your own, but part of the great thing about North America (since I see that you're from New Jersey) is the wide diversity of peoples and ethnicities we encounter.

This is not a place for discussing religion. I feel it is also not your place to condemn other practices or beliefs as "unGodly" or to even hint that what other people may be practicing is not good for them.

Personally, if something works for someone, I'd be happy to hear about it and to evaluate it for myself. I don't feel teh need to "preach" my beliefs or attempt to "convert" others to my way of thinking. If it doesn't hurt or bother anyone else, let me do what I like, and I'll let others do the same.

Does anyone get angry instead of happy if someone
near us finishes his/her studies?? Even if we are not insterested in her/his subjects/studies at all?
That could only happen to the egotic-narrow-minded
person, and the same goes about Religion. The fact
that we believe in our deities doesn't mean we must feel exclusive about it. We all could be wrong. We all could be right. Just talking about faith here so you cannot say "your faith" is right and "his/her faith" is wrong, becase there are no arguments "outside faith" to prove your faith is either right or wrong.

Or do you have valuable arguments to prove your Religion is THE Religion, neshamah??

Hope to read a clever reply,

Oscar

PS: This forum is about jumping into the water and training for that, right??? Next time, I'll jump to a Christian forum to post a freediving training routine. Let's see what happens and in which time frame

...let me fill you guys in...

.hehehe

Good old neshamah (Daniel, is it?).

Don't get too rubbed guys; that's just his way. Piety, it would seem, has a sliding scale, and I think he'd be more comfortable if we were all at his level. I, and many others, offered him stern words in the past, and we were never met with anything that could be considered a reasonable response. You will, undoubtedly, receive the same; so there is no use banging your head against the wall. ;)

I really think that the fella has good intentions. He may very well believe that he's saving us from a one-way trip to the Hot Spot....or maybe he's just sucking up to the Big Guy. In any event, he doesn't seem to be a very persuasive speaker. Most people don't spend much time listening to constant criticism. Honey??? Vinegar??? You know the old saying.

BTW, nesh, I did enjoy all the phototshop work you used to put into your avatars. You know, the ones that glorified/deified your presence as a diver. What happened to those?

.....piety? ;)

hi

Oscar

_____

In certain occasion was a blind man who was healed by Jesus- that man didn't have a great knowledge and had not finished large estudies- The religious of that came to him and ask him sayin tell us who was the one that healed you?

that man responded- I don't know- the only I know is that I was blind and now I see-

That man cound't explain in that moment who was the one that healed him- perhaps later he understood more-

but even with his litte knowledge and without having finished large studies he could be the most happy and free person in the world by having found what he needed - "To his God"

______

I can take a lot of time trying give you examples-- but I want to make this easy

I can compare my life with that man-- one day I was blind
and now I see- because Jesus forgived me saved me and healed me- and put a new love in me -

that is the best miracle we can see and this comes from God

Last edited:
I'm happy to hear that you have such a strong
faith that makes you fell so blissful

However, I'd be also happy to know that you don't discard any other religious beliefs because they are different from yours :)

Anyways..... I'm very happy and agnostic :)

HI

FreeFloat
_______

Hi I was thinking about what you posted- you mention "The north America is the wide diversity of people and ethnicities"
_______

As a imigrant to the Americas and after reading this I understand betters how the history of the Unite States took places and how their first immigrants " The puritians" and see how the image of Lincoln praying- for a decision or for people- and see it so grown and young as a country wich will quickly flourish- filled with blessings to the point that many nations- ethnic groups and races have found in it a refuge- maybe would find something more if they found the foundation

And if some day they would long to go back they would take with them in their hands not only something material but Faith, the true reason and the God that so many cried out for and was known by the first imigrants

Daniel.

Last edited:
hi

unirdna
_______

What else to say - you made me "Reir" brot

BTW, nesh, I did enjoy all the phototshop work you used to put into your avatars. You know, the ones that glorified/deified your presence as a diver. What happened to those?
_

hey what happen is that Im working now on my video click instead of using my avatar!

so I send you a video- hey the video is mix with "Honey"ok

so don't worry -

nos vemos

Daniel.

Re: hi

Originally posted by neshamah

hey what happen is that Im working now on my video click instead of using my avatar!

so I send you a video- hey the video is mix with "Honey"ok

so don't worry -

nos vemos

Daniel.

Hey, them avatar pics needs to come back man. We all miss them. It's time for the christmas box to go... ;)

hi

Hey tommy here you go--

let me know if you like it ?

this one is not AREGLADA in my photoshop ok
I took it today in the pool

saludos

Daniel

also I took this picture today in NY from the queen mary "Barco"

biger than the Titanic I think so-

Last edited:
thanks

Thank you Oscar and Tommy

Hey,,, sir sound like to polite?

jaja

in cuba we call - "Compañero"

blessing amigos

Wow, I pulled up an old thread here, that went way off the topic of freediving.

I'm somewhere in between skeptic and open-minded about a lot of these things. A question, which isn't intended to prove or disprove anything - if these experienced yogis can control anything with their mind (sitting under pools of water in their yards for hours), why aren't they still alive? Why didn't they control the length of their own lifespan?

Mr. The111,

Why don't yogis control their own lifespan? They do! If you want to read accounts of such things, you should read the following books:
"Autobiography of a Yogi" (Paramahansa Yogananda)
"Living with the Himalayan Masters" (Swami Rama)
"Qigong teachings of a taoist immortal"
"Man's Eternal Quest" (Yogananda)

Keep in mind that if there are people alive who are hundreds or thousands of years old, they are also smart enough and powerful enough to understand that they must remain hidden. The consequences of revealing themselves would be disastrous. So, just because you don't hear about them on the news, it says nothing about whether or not they exist.

In fact, Li Ching Yu'en, who was documented by the Chinese government to have lived to 256, probably just faked his own death to remain hidden (in 1933). Once people learned how old he was, people came from far and wide to 'bother' him. Finally one day his disciples simply told any visitors that he had died. No one ever saw his body. So, he's probably still alive, much like the 500 year old taoist master who taught him the secrets of longevity back in 1813. In particular, the taoist master told Li Ching Yu'en to eat lycium berries every day, to walk long distances every day, to drink only mineral water, to eat only foods which grew above the ground, and to perform eight exercises every day called the 'eight brokades', which were the true secret of longevity. According to Li Ching Yu'en, yang chi (male energy) fades with age, and one must replenish yang chi to counter the aging process. This is described in detail in the 'qigong teachings' book above.

Eric Fattah
BC, Canada

Thank you all for this great discussion, it's an inspiration to me.

I've just picked up "sungazing" this year, and tough I practiced it with diferent intensities (skipping sunsets/dawns) I've also experienced some unbeliveble sensations. There are some accounts of them on my website. Many people who see me practicing ask me, and I find it hard to explain what I'm learning.
I usually tel them about people who suffer from "winter-depression" from a lack of sunlight, that thought is pretty much accepted and therefore provides some "evidence". I tell them I absorb the Sun's energies. Many times I felt "enlightend" after a 1/2 an hour of sungazing and walking back to my house felt like walking on air while feeling a sort of gold like glow through my body and feeling very clean and light, also in the mind!.

Hira Ratan Manek explained me through his website how to learn, and I thought (during the winter) why not give it a shot?
I experienced the effects within a week, feeling VERY happy on the next static training, no matter what the "atmosphere". It really stook me, hell this really works! so I countiued. And I encounted some serious ***** emotions deeply tucked away. On the earthly level I had also some serious money problems (facing a big rent dept). I'm not religeous. Though my parents are born and raised cristians they left me my brother without an obligted belief. We can find/choose ourselves :D I'm very greatfull about that. The did however tought the cristian/human values.
To me there isn't "A God" or "Gods". I think it's just a tool for those in power to validate their reign. In earlier times there used to be many Gods, for every category of nature's wonders one. I think it was and still is a way of explaining the 'imposible'.
I think that yogi's and others have knowledge of things most western people don't have. Like mentioned above It is a most subtile "power" which cannot made be visible easily. In this age of computer wizards anything can made to look real. Therefore we're still relieing on opinions of the high priests of science.

I find it not strange that Yogies are not stepping into this 'science circus'. science cannot proove it convincingly to the general publick, yet. They may think I't better to pass on their insights the traditional way ensuring this valuable insights do not fade away and bring some souls 'enlightment'.

I feel Daniel is right on at at least one thing, it's most rewarding to see someone using your tools and see them growth thanks to them.

Please Daniel do not fear for us nor yourself, we're doing great. We are sharing our knowledge and tools wich helped us to grow. I'm sure that we respect and honour every ones view for they can give us a fresh wave of inspiration that can lead to great peace of mind.

Let's not worry to much about route of the voyage, let us just enjoy the voyage.

Here's Hira Ratan Manek's road to a peacefull life:
http://www.solarhealing.com/
Thanks to him I view terms and expressions like enlightment, seeing the light, being a light etc. in a much different way.

Thanks again to all, I spend the whole night reading, and I find this tread the most intresting since I joined the DB forum, hugs, love and peace to all!

Kars.

(yes I've been sungazing this evening... :)

Last edited:
Originally posted by The111
Wow, I pulled up an old thread here, that went way off the topic of freediving.

I'm somewhere in between skeptic and open-minded about a lot of these things. A question, which isn't intended to prove or disprove anything - if these experienced yogis can control anything with their mind (sitting under pools of water in their yards for hours), why aren't they still alive? Why didn't they control the length of their own lifespan?

The111 (weird name;) ),

Physical life is nothing my friend. It's to short. The very beginning comes right afterwards. But in order to become an immortal you must dedicate your life (especially the last 30 years of your life once you are older) to growthe 'spiritual embryo' that's inside of you. You won't be able to see it until you get rid of the internal chatting all humans (I don't know about animals tough) have and which blind us from the truth: Enlightenment. It means see how reality really is, see the source of the Universe we live physically in but which is only a fog, a cloud.

If you are lucky enough in the last 30 years of your live to find an 'Enlightened' master that is willing to show you that path then go for it and live all your possessions and people you love because you won't need them afterlife. That master will show you how to transmutate your cosnciousness to the spiritual embryo (called 'golden elixir' in Taoism), and then in the moment of your physical death you'll be able to leave your body (like the chicken that has been living inside the egg) and merge with Tao (Universal Consciousness), also called the Source or the way (God) for eternity. This Taoist belief is very similar to Tibetan Buddhist thought.

Why ordinary people don't become immortals. Reasons:

1. Blinded by society's rules and conventions

2. Five Thieves: external sensory (smell, touch, sight, hearing and thought), and as Taoists and Buddhist say the chief hooligan of emotions. Nothing is more draining for human health, longevity and spirituality than scattered emotions that are typical of our so-called CIVILIZED society. And this sensory are boosted by the rampant effects that the stupid technology has on humans (think of the Matrix message) and their emotions. Everyone today is too carried away with useless mobile phones, sex, clothes, cars, money, Real State, etc. instead of stopping for a second and asking to themselves:

IS ALL THIS STUFF REALLY MAKING A DIFFERENCE IN MY LIFE?

No, not at all. People still die at the age of 70 when they could live up to 120 easily still healthy and strong and with the possibility of becoming immortals instead of following the eternal path of reincarnations (wheel of karma).

Actually, immortals are able to return to life (through reincarnation) to help others to become Enlightened (like Enlightened Tibetan Buddhists monks do). Taoists are more selfish, like Yogis.

However, don't think this stuff is easy to accomplish. Only few people succeed like the Buddha taught: Karma and an strict observance of the Eightfold Path will determine if you are ready to become a Buddha or not. Taoist belief is a bit different: It is determined also by Karma but by how successfully you apply internal alchemy (by fusing jing (essence/semen)-chi (vital force)-shen (spirit)) to the process of transmutating your consciousness to your spirit which resides in your heart and which must be carried up to the upper dantien (either the third eye linked to the pitituary gland, or the bai-hui (crown) which is linked to the pineal gland). At the moment of death the spirity leaves the body in either of those two points depending on the way you practiced meditation and opened those chakras.

Do you see know why Yogis and Taoists are so keen to prolong their physical lives on earth? Simply because passing your consciousness your self to your spirit takes many, many years of dedication and absolute reclusiveness. And way before you can do that you must cut-off the influence of the Five Thieves and emotions during meditation in order to see below the cerebral cortex (responsible of the internal dialogue), access the parasympathetic side of the brain and work on your spirit which is deeply inside of us, latent but asleep.

(*Note: Sometimes we are able to be in touch with your spirit in our dreams, i.e. astral flights).

Neverthless, becoming an immortal is very hard, you must develop extraordinary mental powers in order to consciously access your spirit-soul. Again a masters guidance is a must.

For you Christians, I must recall here that the old Bible before it was altered in the ninth century talked about this stuff. Jesus referred to karma and reincarnation as prerequisites to purify our spirits before entering the kingdom of God. This link describes it.

I consider Daniel Reid an “Enlightened” Westener because after reading his work he will definitively change your Western approach to life forever. So as an start-up this book is highly recommended:

http://www.redwingbooks.com/products/books/TaoHeaSexLon.cfm

That book also gives you the necessary references to understand the Taoist way to obtain spiritual immortality. The path is yours and as Reid says: “The sky is the limit. Bon voyage”.

A good addition to that book this will help you with the necessary health recomendations to succeed:

http://www.bookfinder.us/review7/1570620717.html

O.K. the normal reactions to this post would be:

1. B....hit.

2. Gerard has lost the plot

3. Religious brainwashing

4. It's too complicated for me.

5. I love it. I want to become an immortal too :waterwork

The funny thing is that Tao has nothing to do with the way Religion is depicted. It's about practice, about following a radically different lifestyle that was common in China 5,000 years ago, and also radically opposed to the traditional lifestyle which has characterised our society.

If you still think that all this stuff is bull I urge you to start meditating seriously, not just once a week.

After meditating for a number of years you'll start to see things, to have an awareness that things are not really what they seem to be. Then is when you start opening the box and see with the Buddha's eyes. This
link explains what I mean.

BTW what has all this stuff to do with Freediving? maybe freediving is another illusion to keep you down here :duh

Good luck.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT