• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

increasing the effectiveness of hands free equilisation

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
I just love you guys. You really have patience and guts. I tried one day of exercises for BTV and made an oath to Frenzel for life!

I just love you guys. You really have patience and guts. I tried one day of exercises for BTV and made an oath to Frenzel for life!
I think each person is unique and will have different challenges. For me, Frenzel is very hard but I still try my best to practice it everyday. It was very difficult for me to first isolate the movement of my diaphragm from my glottis and soft palate. Now, that I finally have, it is hard for me to isolate movement of glottis from the soft palate.

I know many others who struggled to learn Frenzel but they persevere and keep trying. I think they have patience and guts too. :)

You can into Your cheeks like they want to explode) It's a big pressure inside Your mouth and if You are diving with mask/without nose clip that air will go away through Your nose, simple as that. (

I've been working on exactly what you mentioned, a hands free mouthfill. I usually take it at 18m, and managed to bring it down to 50 only a few times. I am better at doing many reverse packs and drawing up air into my mouth as and when needed to the same depth.

To read more about hands free (BTV/VTO) equalization, check out these resources, particularly number 3 might of be of interest:

1. Hands Free Equalization for the Beginner and the Curious: Is it Possible to Learn at all?

2. Lessons about Equalization: General Principles that Can help you Master any Equalization Technique

3. Learning to Hands Free Equalize: How I Did It and How You Can Do It too

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT