• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Indie/Minor Speargun Companies

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
They do look pretty good. I tried to get any reviews on their guns, but with my scarce Turkish (and poor Google Translate) I was able to find very little info. Apparently, it is a new company and there are no real-life pictures of their products. I would rather base my opinion on their guns looking at photos @ images.google, but there are none. I m sure that pictures we see are after a "slight touch" of photoshop. =]

They look sexy. What's the currency equivalence between turkish Lyra and US$?

Roughly a pound then :D. The Nitrosub reminds me a lot of the Italian C4 spearguns.

From Italy: ConteSub :king

It started just for passion, with a limited production for friends, then became a company. Their guns (well known as Arbaconte=Arbalete+Conte) are renowned for the clean lines and the solid build.
They also make their own trigger units.

Attachments

• shot%201.jpg
    shot%201.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 297
  • shot%203.jpg
    shot%203.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 337
  • conte1.jpg
    conte1.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 335
  • conte2.jpg
    conte2.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 308
  • conte.jpg
    conte.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 298
That is an interesting trigger mech, I think maybe the first that I have seen mounted from above? Are those ballast plates beneath the reel?

Are those ballast plates beneath the reel?

Yep. They're also beneath the muzzle, too. As shown in pic (plus another view of the trigger mount):

Attachments

• doppio%204_2.jpg
    doppio%204_2.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 317
  • shot%202.jpg
    shot%202.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 325
I like the 3-point star shaped line-release - elegantly simple. It look me a while to figure out what I was looking at.

Now, this: from Darwin Australia these impressive creations from Ace Spearguns: very good looking carbon and wood work. Comments? "I want one!". :wave

Attachments

• ace1.jpg
    ace1.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 346
  • ace2.jpg
    ace2.jpg
    150.3 KB · Views: 355
Arriba El Magnarpon!
This creation by Pablo Magnano is one of the strangest bandguns ever seen. A little foldable speargun supposed to be easy loading. And...unbelievably weird.

Revolutionary underwater spear gun - MAGNARPON.mpg - YouTube

The mechanical advantage of this design is questionable, plus the hinge in the stock will experience twisting stresses as the operator straightens the gun up to cock it. Then there is the drag inducing bulk of the muzzle "handle" at the front end of the gun. Pulling a band load directly back with the rear of the gun braced against the body is much more efficient than this arrangement. That is why you have not seen it before. Lever systems work for you if the point of application of the force exerted by you is much further away from the pivot position than the anchor point from where the band is pulling. Lever cocked rollerguns have a mechanical advantage due to the greater distance between the band pull anchor on the lever and the end of the cocking lever. The lever cocked band guns tend to be novelty items as even lever operated, multi-swing ratchet loading types have failed to make it in the marketplace.

Spaghetti, where did you find the images of the ACE guns,

i've been trying to get a hold of them for a while but with no luck.

DD

A new brand from Florida, USA: its' called SubSea Spearguns.

Their ET woodies look very well carved, and the design has some pretty original features. A female-friendly company, SubSea Spearguns also offers an option for pink handle and pink enclosed track. :girlie

Here they are:

Attachments

• sspink.jpg
    sspink.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 320
  • ss2.jpg
    ss2.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 358
  • ss3.jpg
    ss3.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 326
  • ss4.jpg
    ss4.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 315
Last edited:

Attachments

• dimo1.jpg
    dimo1.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 336
  • dimo2.jpg
    dimo2.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 309
  • dimo3.jpg
    dimo3.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 318
  • dimo4.jpg
    dimo4.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 318
  • dimo5.jpg
    dimo5.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 315
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT