• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Indie/Minor Speargun Companies

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
is the line release on the wrong side in the pic? it looks like the were loop on the opposite side (from the release) is meant to be a line guide for the release to keep the shooting down and away from the bands. great finish on the gun
phil

You mean that sort of D-ring of the left of the barrel? Well i can't see it as a big concern. It's meant to keep clear of the initial section of the spearline (the part of the line that goes from spear tail up to the muzzle), not for the final loops.
Industrial guns such Omer Cayman have those thingies on the left and the line release on the right too. So, before loading, you can clear off the spearline using your left hand, while the right hand holds the handle.

And anyway, happy you liked it! :)

From Corsica here's the Seamaxx, the "easy loading speargun" whose project won an official award for technical innovation. It's loaded with a winder crank handle device that pulls the bands towards the muzzle....
(the gif attached below is animated to show how it works if you click on it...)

Attachments

• seamaxx.jpg
    seamaxx.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 323
  • seamaxx_animation_colour.gif
    seamaxx_animation_colour.gif
    319.5 KB · Views: 323
Last edited:
Looks great and think gonna b very expensive!!! Thought will b with smaller size only that looks huge canon!!! Thanx 4 sharing the fresh info hope to hear more about this...

That's what I thought - a huge canon but I think the pic is a bit deceiving as the gun is on a stand in front of Mark (if that is him?)
i would love to examine one close up.

a huge cannon...

My thought on the issue is that the "easy loading" device makes the whole thing so cumbersome that it wouldn't be worth the candle on a short gun.

Anyway, pics of the Seamaxx actually do the so called "WOW Effect", or better said, at least to me, they do the "WTF is that??" effect...:confused:

Now...this:
these Totemsub guns have no bells and whistles, but for solid built and accuracy they have the highest reputation in the Mediterranean.
They're made in Rome by famous spearo Fabrizio D'agnano, and they are definitely a classic. In business for more than a decade now, Totemsub has inspired all the other italian woody makers.
Here's the thin "Guizzo", with slim barrel and 2 9/16" bands, and the sturdier "Pelagos", a first prize winner in the UW sports federation accuracy contest. It's not about the way they look....

Attachments

• Guizzo-easy-sc-02-LW.jpg
    Guizzo-easy-sc-02-LW.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 258
  • peltwin100-02-small.jpg
    peltwin100-02-small.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 259
But then I close my eyes and dream that on our spearguns we could have stuff like this below (from "Famars" firearms). Am I a dreamer? :inlove

Attachments

• famars.jpg
    famars.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 222
  • famars2.jpg
    famars2.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 226
But then I close my eyes and dream that on our spearguns we could have stuff like this below (from "Famars" firearms). Am I a dreamer? :inlove

Wow. Beautiful. But I worry already that I put too much into a build. In the end, you must be prepared to let it go if need be.

Hey Phil - Have you ever looked into "water transfer printing"? Somebody somewhere mentioned that Chris had used on a recent Sea Sniper. It looks pretty cool, but I have no idea what it costs.

Last edited:
Wow. Beautiful. But I worry already that I put too much into a build. In the end, you must be prepared to let it go if need be.

Hey Phil - Have you ever looked into "water transfer printing"? Somebody somewhere mentioned that Chris had used on a recent Sea Sniper. It looks pretty cool, but I have no idea what it costs.

i have ,and you can do some really cool stuff with it . but chris is a friend of mine and its kind of his thing ,so i don't plan on using it any time soon (chris has been doing it for at least a year)
phil

:inloveI'm lovin' those Totemsubs esp. the first one. Beautiful. And "have no bells and whistles, but for solid built and accuracy they have the highest reputation in the Mediterranean." sounds good to me.

[Didn't Portinfer - or maybe Magpie - have a Totemsub, before he made his own speargun?]

:naughtySpaghetti, trying to tempt us with all these Italian beauties.

Mind you, re. shotgun engraving, there is some incredible work in UK & the USA too. One of the top British shotgun makers, Westley Richards I think, did an amazing decoration of a side-by-side shotgun using an incredible snake scale design - kind of art noveau style, it featured in a full page ad (for a gun auction I think). I couldn't find the image on the web but this gives an idea of the depth / 3d aspect of their work:
2_new_1.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: spaghetti
Spaghetti, trying to tempt us with all these Italian beauties. Quote: Mr X.

Yeah, I think he's got a pad at Lake Como.:t
Cheers, Don

I was surprise he did post a Greek gun. Sorry Spago, "I had to put a coin in your machine"

He he he, I've been bitching with Greeks a bit on forums but it's all in the family. As the saying goes: "Greeks and Italians, One Face One Race". We're brothers, or at least "cousins".

I just hate when the Greeks claim their dive gear to be the best in the world, as it's widely acknowledged that Italian dive gear is best! :t

Back on topic, I've come across this Greek speargun maker, named Kingfisher. I haven't heard much of it around but they look good enough to have a place in this gallery. I recon they make both wood and carbon guns.

Attachments

• king.jpg
    king.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 278
  • king2.jpg
    king2.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 259
  • king3.jpg
    king3.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 252
  • king4.jpg
    king4.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 246
Last edited:
why not ,it only takes money
phil

re. engravings: money of course, and purpose.
I enjoy spearguns that look beautiful, but after all they take the salt, the scratches, the rocks, the decks, the barnacles.
Beauty does influence my choice when I buy guns, but after a while they all end up looking cracky, with a scratch here, a hit there, again a scratch there...
I think I'll keep dreaming. And clicking these links in adoration:
GALLERIA DELLE INCISIONI SU FUCILI ARMI IL BULINO s.R.L.

Famars Abbiatico & Salvinelli fine shotguns rifles

Another minor spearfishing equipment company is Mordem, founded by Demetrio Morabito (Mordem is derived from his name, "Mor"-"Dem"). An innovative Italian firm, Mordem supplied a full range of underwater weapons in the fifties and sixties, yet today they seem to be largely forgotten.
Iin their heyday they manufactured the "Strale" hydropneumatic, the "Saturno" pneumatic (rear handle vaguely similar to a "Sten") and a Mordem cartridge powered gun that fired hollow shafts which were in a sense rocket propelled.
Just checked and Mordem still have a web-site! Mordem Sub

Pete,
Thanks for highlighting Mordem. I'm unable to tell if the company is still running. All I can see is the website's still up, but that's all. For sure Demetrio was one of the most genial innovators back in the days.

Here's a few pics I found on apneateam.it (italian site with a nice gallery of historic spearguns at Repertorio fucili storici
Here's to Mordem (first pic is the cartridge propelled, second pic is a 1955 model intended to shoot fish from boat, third is the pool shooting model).

Attachments

• mordem cartuccia.jpg
    mordem cartuccia.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 223
  • Mordem_1955.jpg
    Mordem_1955.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 255
  • mordem tiro.jpg
    mordem tiro.jpg
    6.2 KB · Views: 242
Last edited:
And now I hope someone can tell me what the heck is this? Inalex Alpha C1+. This gun looks badass! :inlove
It must be an airgun, a very particular airgun. Very good looking. Seen for sale here: Alpha C1+
Greek translation needed!!! (anyone?)

Attachments

• inalex1.jpg
    inalex1.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 237
  • inalex2.jpg
    inalex2.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 223
Reactions: Don Paul
Nice, and they have a 130cm.:friday

I know a guy named GreekDiver, but I don't know if he's here?
Ciao, Don

Last edited:
He it definitely a member & used to post almost every day!
Tromic might know or perhaps popgun Pete?

Nice, and they have a 130cm.:friday

I know a guy named GreekDiver, but I don't know if he's here?
Ciao, Don

Greekdivers name is Harry and he works in/runs a restaurant down in the Miami/Keys area of Florida. Posts a lot of videos. Deep spearo diver who used to use big vaccuum barrel pneumatics but recently been using a double band gun. Might be one of Victors (Abalan).

Dave.

Reactions: Don Paul
Greekdivers name is Harry and he works in/runs a restaurant down in the Miami/Keys area of Florida. Posts a lot of videos. Deep spearo diver who used to use big vaccuum barrel pneumatics but recently been using a double band gun. Might be one of Victors (Abalan).

Dave.

Roger that Dave, Harry and I both like fine Italian guns next time I talk to him
I'll ask if he can translate.

Happy Friday.:friday

Don

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT