• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Indie/Minor Speargun Companies

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
And when you thought we had seen them all: Sling Fish.

It's an american brand based in Florida, offering type of monococque Carbon fiber guns. They look like beefed up C4, similar in look to greek Bleutech guns.

Their website speaks of an "internal ballast sysstem", but it's unclear to me how it works. is it water ballast? Dunno. Here they are. First american carbon monocoque I've seen so far.

Click on the Mohawk menu selection here speargun
Looks like something similar is being cooked up in Asia!

I quite like the band attachment

Attachments

• muzzle.jpg
    muzzle.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 258
I quite like the band attachment

I'm happier not to have a piece of SS at the end of 300% elongated rubber flying at my head when if clevis pin yields:crutch:blackeye.

Spectra would make me feel more secure while cocking.

Cheers, Don

I'm happier not to have a piece of SS at the end of 300% elongated rubber flying at my head when if clevis pin yields:crutch:blackeye.

Spectra would make me feel more secure while cocking.

Cheers, Don

My thoughts as well, that "Mohawk" muzzle looks interesting, but what degree of testing has it received? Imagination and styling may be running ahead of engineering when, due to low labour and tooling costs in Asia, "new" spearguns can be rushed into production without doing any R&D beyond looking at what products other companies are making and then extrapolating ideas from there.

One missing from the list - not Italian/Japanese/US inspired wood. But beautifully practical in function, reliability, durability etc.

Made by a long time highly regarded spero - Tony Heugh.

Australian users tend to end up as "no other gun for me" types ;o)

Company is called Superfrog, Guns are Edge.

SuperFrog - Offshore Spearfishing and Freediving

Think the reputation is down to the fine tuning of the gun before it leaves Tony's hands.

Gav

And when you thought we had seen them all: Sling Fish.

It's an american brand based in Florida, offering type of monococque Carbon fiber guns. They look like beefed up C4, similar in look to greek Bleutech guns.

Their website speaks of an "internal ballast sysstem", but it's unclear to me how it works. is it water ballast? Dunno. Here they are. First american carbon monocoque I've seen so far.

Hey guys, thanks for the post on our guns. We're receiving a lot of great responses on our design. The water ballast system mentioned offers a few different advantages. When immersed the ballast tube fills and add weight to the bottom front section of the gun. This helps reduce recoil when fired. The ballast tube also serves as a reel line guide. This keeps your reel line concealed and free of obstructions.

Our guns are designed and built to offer the best quality and highest performance in a slim, lightweight package. The entire gun is built right here in the USA.

If you have any questions about our products give me a call.
Jason

Last edited:
Is there no portuguese speargun makers???

If any, it's quiet about them. Never heard.

Now some closer shot of the Alemanni Sub wood rollerguns.
What I have to say is that they are gaining an extremely strong reputation and extremely positive feedback from users here in Italy.

Attachments

• alemanni1.jpg
    alemanni1.jpg
    136 KB · Views: 230
  • alemanni2.jpg
    alemanni2.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 240
  • alemanni5.jpg
    alemanni5.jpg
    123.5 KB · Views: 232
  • alemanni3.jpg
    alemanni3.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 221
  • alemanni6.jpg
    alemanni6.jpg
    136.6 KB · Views: 232
I'm not done yet with Alemanni.
One interesting thing is they sell a kit to transform a normal eurogun into a rollergun. You may install the muzzle with pulleys and stuff (cost between 70 and 90 euros) on your own gun. Popular options are guns with a barrell of a certain mass (Seatec Gabbiano/Snake and Cayman HF).
Here two close shots of a rollerized Seatec Gabbiano with Alemanni kit, and close shot of the muzzle kit.

Attachments

• alesnake2.jpg
    alesnake2.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 205
  • ale-snake.jpg
    ale-snake.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 215
  • alekit.jpg
    alekit.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 231
Last edited:
That would be one hell of an upgrade!!
The work looks about as good as it gets too..

Last edited:
Now, this for airgun lovers: LG Sub.
This italian brand is relatively new. They make complete airguns with their own original dry kit on Cyrano handle and mechanics, plus kits and pistons.
The sealing system is based on the Mamba double gasket concept for shafts with tail and slide ring (LG Sub's also includes an O-ring lodged in the slide ring). No chance of using tail-less shafts. here's a close shot of the gun (beautiful!!!), the kit and the piston.

Attachments

• lg manilu.jpg
    lg manilu.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 255
  • lg kit.jpg
    lg kit.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 208
  • lg piston.jpg
    lg piston.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 213
And here's to V-Tube (mentioned is post #1 of this thread). Their newer gun is the V-Tube Pro 2011, a sleek hybrid carbon-wengè that resembles a bit like Gil Gacula's euro hybrid et's, but with a more distinct european concept (very slim tapered barrell, no enclosed track...).

Here some shots of this inspirational beauty.

Attachments

• vtubepro.jpg
    vtubepro.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 252
  • vtube3.jpg
    vtube3.jpg
    7.9 KB · Views: 237
  • vtube2.jpg
    vtube2.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 234
Spaghetti, Can I ask a question about that Alemanni Sub Roller Muzzle, Am I seeing Ball bearings in that Roller?

Spaghetti, Can I ask a question about that Alemanni Sub Roller Muzzle, Am I seeing Ball bearings in that Roller?

The language gap is what defeats me here: I must first check my english books as for what ball bearings mean...:confused:

BB's.. Little Metal Balls inside the wheel.

Cuscinetti a sfera (ball bearings). Yes.
They offer two types: with and/or without ball bearings. I don't know whether they're made of metal or themoplastic, but they are ball bearings.

As an eye candy, see below mister Alemanni in person with one outstanding roller kit application: C4 Monoscocca Roller!!!!!! :thankyou
That's one unbelievable piece of work.

Attachments

• monoroller.jpg
    monoroller.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 275
  • monoroller2.jpg
    monoroller2.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 272
Last edited:
Cool. Thanks for posting all these links to so many incredible gun builders. I think I'll have something interesting to contribute to this thread later this week... The style bar is set very high by these innovative Italian master builders. For now, here's a pair..

Attachments

• Maj4.jpg
    Maj4.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 240
  • Maj11.jpg
    Maj11.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 257
  • Maj2.jpg
    Maj2.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 243
  • Maj1.jpg
    Maj1.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 249
Last edited:
Hi Spago,

I have been hearing a lot of noise in the Italian forums about the Alemanni roller spearguns. They sure do look different and powerful but the roller concept never appealed to me.

Have you heard of the Legolas spearguns made by Danijel Babin in Croatia? I recently came across the photos of these wooden guns... they are beautiful and worth adding to this thread. I have yet to find the guy's website, if he has one. Could someone post it here?

Here are a few photo of the Legolas 100 I found online:

Attachments

• P1230009.JPG
    P1230009.JPG
    182.4 KB · Views: 256
  • P1230010.JPG
    P1230010.JPG
    176.3 KB · Views: 256
Reactions: Mr. X
A question, I'm seeing a lot of commercially available Rollerguns here. I thought I had read that there were patents on Rollerguns?

Marc-Antoine Berry has a patent on the system, but it would not be hard to show that rollerguns are prior art. The French lever cocked rollergun was patented in 1949 in France and as late as 1980 a commercial rollergun was made in the USA, the "Fer De Lance". On the Web there was Niko Brummer's rollergun page which showed many rollerguns. This was all before Marc-Antoine Berry applied for his patent. The shadowy area is commercial exploitation, the patent holder has the right to that even though the concept has been known before. My guess is that legal actions are not worth pursuing, the market for rollerguns is small and Beuchat who manufacture a rollergun under a licence from Berry have a small production volume for the gun. People will buy that gun based on the manufacturer's reputation for quality and warranty back-up in any case, so losing sales to rival rollerguns will be unlikely to provoke spending money on lawyers as there is no fortune to squabble over.

Last edited:
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT