• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Indie/Minor Speargun Companies

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Great Thread. Nice to see those shapes. Here's another link.

www.ulusub.com

Attachments

• Homepagephoto.jpg
    Homepagephoto.jpg
    526.2 KB · Views: 232
Reactions: Don Paul
Great thread indeed!

A small American shop not yet mentioned here is Gil Gacula's (www.spear-diver.com). I had the chance handle one of his Aqueous 110 guns this past summer... they are extremely solid and nice.

Someday I'll own one of his 3-banded, enclosed track Euromax.

Attachments

• Aqueous_4.jpg
    Aqueous_4.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 276
  • EuroMAX_3.jpg
    EuroMAX_3.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 307
  • IMG_4471_cropsmall.jpg
    IMG_4471_cropsmall.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 315
Last edited:
Reactions: spaghetti
I have a Euromax 130 and love it! Great craftsmanship, awesome guy also and very good prices!

Great thread indeed!

A small American shop not yet mentioned here is Gil Gacula's (www.spear-diver.com). I had the chance handle one of his Aqueous 110 guns this past summer... they are extremely solid and nice.

Someday I'll own one of his 3-banded, enclosed track Euromax.

Those are some fantastic looking guns. The top one in the picture on the right has multi laminated. Could be plywood of course, although seems unlikely and it seems to have blue colour like Foxfish's died epoxy gun. Whatever they have lovely lines. I like 'em.

Dave.

Hi Dave,

Too bad that Gil scaled back production recently and some of his models are hard to find. He only sells to shops now. He shapes his barrels using a CNC table he designed himself. He also uses his own trigger mechanism, which is recommended for 800 pounds.

That last gun is a prototype... definitely sexy. No wonder we all seem to like that gun... if you look carefully at the wood grain in the butt of the gun you can see a woman's naked torso. Gil himself introduced this prototype on the following SB post [ame="http://www.spearboard.com/showthread.php?t=87889"]Recipe for Another GilGun - 120 Euro Hybrid Delight - Spearboard Spearfishing Community[/ame].

I believe that normally he uses teak on this guns, but on these guns he used high-pressure laminated wood called Stratabond used on rifle stocks.

Below are a few more photos.

Cheers,
Claudio

Those are some fantastic looking guns. The top one in the picture on the right has multi laminated. Could be plywood of course, although seems unlikely and it seems to have blue colour like Foxfish's died epoxy gun. Whatever they have lovely lines. I like 'em.

Dave.

Attachments

• dsc03925.jpg
    dsc03925.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 267
  • IMG_4475_cropsmall.jpg
    IMG_4475_cropsmall.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 299
  • IMG_4582_cropsmall.jpg
    IMG_4582_cropsmall.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 275
  • IMG_4572_cropsmall.jpg
    IMG_4572_cropsmall.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 290
Best thread ever.... but I'm a newbie, I enjoy the showcasing of the art without the rhetoric.What a great bunch of guy's you are. Cheers.

Reactions: strangelove
Don: I must admit I've put a bit of rethorics in some of my posts. But you know where I'm coming from: rethoric is just another way of the typical italian flair to show up ;-)

Fox: Here's Prizm russian pneumatic (as I reckon it's no hydro, no co2: air filled by hand pump) they feature 14mm inner barrels, compared to 13 or 11 of italian airguns.

Attachments

• prizm1.jpg
    prizm1.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 257
  • prizm3.gif
    prizm3.gif
    21.8 KB · Views: 251
Don: I must admit I've put a bit of rethorics in some of my posts. But you know where I'm coming from: rethoric is just another way of the typical italian flair to show up ;-) Quote : spaghetti.

I just not used to civilized rhetorical thinking and comment on a spearing site, It's refreshing
here.Bravo !

Cheers, Don

As rethoric goes: no need of redundant decoration for beautiful design. Sometimes (not always: sometimes) the need for decoration is the defeat of design.
But anyway, here's in short a teak euro from Galasub, built in Sardinia, Italy. I like it a lot for how simple it is. Details: look at their all Stainless Steel compact reel...

Attachments

• galasub1.jpg
    galasub1.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 315
  • galasub4.jpg
    galasub4.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 286
And here's another boutique gun maker from Tuscany: Arbatec.
You will notice the total lack of decoration, but yet the design has a distinct personality. See also the adjustable hand rest device on the handle.
This Arbatec company also offers a unique purchasing opportunity: for a relatively cheap price, you can buy from them the grossly prepared gun parts (handle, stock barrell with carved rail guide, trigger mech and resin), and then you can shape it and decorate by yourself (you see the package in the third pic).

Attachments

• brico2.jpg
    brico2.jpg
    351.3 KB · Views: 303
  • arba3.jpg
    arba3.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 263
  • brico.jpg
    brico.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 264
Last edited:
thanks for including me don . those pic were some of my first customer guns i built. here are some newer pics
phil

Attachments

• pg.jpg
    pg.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 254
  • IMG_0878.jpg
    IMG_0878.jpg
    157.8 KB · Views: 286
  • IMG_0879.jpg
    IMG_0879.jpg
    162.1 KB · Views: 264
  • IMG_1835.jpg
    IMG_1835.jpg
    143.1 KB · Views: 257
  • IMG_1838.jpg
    IMG_1838.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 249
You're welcome Phil. You, if anyone should be included here in this fine thread. With your extreme attention to detail, I know you don't do this just for the money. The mirror image grain match on the roller is true art, the 1911 style handles are the shite. Thanks for coming over to DB, you will find a great bunch of guys here.
All the best, Don

Last edited:
that gun is one of my favorites i hated to send it off .the top and bottom were both book matched spalted mango and the core was yellow hart and canary .the handle scales are made of banksia pod. the reason for the rubber butt is the the guy that ordered it can only hip load because a pinched nerve will no longer allow him to chest load so he wanted something big and comfy.
phil

Attachments

• IMG_1788.jpg
    IMG_1788.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 248
  • IMG_1787.jpg
    IMG_1787.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 238
  • IMG_1837.jpg
    IMG_1837.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 290
Great guns Phil, I notice a rear handle gun is that your only one?

Now what do we do with euro Totemsub, Dapiran and Poseidon? Too famous to bother?
And what do we do with american Alexander, Andre and Merlo? Too famous to bother?

As a thread starter, I remind I started this as a gallery of less internationally famous (not to say unknown) speargun makers. But then this gallery has become something different: a gallery of non mass-produced boutique guns, no matter how famous or unknown, no matter how new or established their brand may be.

So here's Dapiran latest creation: the Saber. It features two vertical tension pulleys in the muzzle, that's the newer solution, patented by Giorgio dapiran. For the rest
it's the typical Dapiran's speargun (re. Jedi series), designed with ballistics and ergonomy in mind more than aesthetics and elegance...No frizzles: made to kill fish.

Attachments

• dapi1.jpg
    dapi1.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 324
  • dapi2.jpg
    dapi2.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 286
  • dapi3.jpg
    dapi3.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 286
I've always admired Giorgio's scientific approach to the sport and the art.
Cheers, Don

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT