• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Indie/Minor Speargun Companies

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Hello everyone i've got these two spearguns and I can't work out what make they are. There is skindiver and undersea written on the trigger unit and on the head there is written undersea and Bondi. I have been told by another party that it is a bazuka speargun and I'll post some photos to help identify it I have been on the Internet and I could not find anything please help !!!!!

---
I am here: [ame="http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=53.741012,-1.604157"]Google Maps[/ame]

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1329047339.036127.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1329047339.036127.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 297
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1329047355.916624.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1329047355.916624.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 334
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1329047373.878294.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1329047373.878294.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 298
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1329047389.840625.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1329047389.840625.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 311
They are Undersee spearguns made in Sydney, Australia. The "Bazooka" is a timber gun, those are their tube guns. Bondi is a seaside suburb of Sydney. The guns are late sixties, early seventies vintage and before they had the metal cover on the top of the plastic grip. The plastic gun parts were also moulded in royal blue as well as black. "Skin Diver" is the gun model name.

Last edited:
Spaghetti what do you know about these? arbalete ldrotech

Idrotech it's a start-up based in Rome. The guns look a lot like the Ebans sub (first page of this thread). The trigger has a rear mech for longer band stretch, and the butt is longer to ease chest loading. Also, the muzzle has a sortt odf band elevator for a perfect parallelism between band and shaft.
The tabs of the shaft are very near one to another so to get the same stretch from both bands.
Looks lika a good project, with a stunning desing. Just add water and fish for field testing.

Attachments

• idro.jpg
    idro.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 345
I was originally going with a riffe euro in particular with a Riffe Euro Travel. I liked the idea to be able to break down the gun.

But then I stumbled over the this thread here and now I am hooked on those beautiful Italien guns. Damn you!

Currently I am looking at the Dimonius from ARBALETE GIAVA and the Hunt guns, both of them are true pieces of art!

Now i have a few questions:
The only reason to buy a riffe over the italien guns is the folding capability of the travel version. Does the breakdown of the euro travel work or is it a bad compromise?

Interestingly enough the price range of the riffe euro guns is here similar to arbelete giava ones but if the riffe guns do not shoot at least 10x better who would ever chose them over the giava ones?

Does anybody have experience with the riffe euros and/or arbelete giava guns and might shed light on this?
How well do the giavas (in particular the Dimonius) shoot?

Does anybody have experience with the hunt guns or knows a review on them? Who ever came up with that company name never thought how s**ty it is to google it in combination with spearguns :duh
I have no experience with carbon guns, how do they perfome compared to the wood ones?

Now i have a few questions:
The only reason to buy a Riffe over the italien guns is the folding capability of the travel version. Does the breakdown of the euro travel work or is it a bad compromise?

In no way you may fly with a speargun in your hand luggage. It must fly with the heavy luggage anyway, same as the solid one-piece long spearguns.
So what use to fold it in parts?
It only makes sense if you're a biker and mean "travelling" as a synonimous of "riding" ;)

In no way you may fly with a speargun in your hand luggage. It must fly with the heavy luggage anyway, same as the solid one-piece long spearguns.
So what use to fold it in parts?
It only makes sense if you're a biker and mean "travelling" as a synonimous of "riding" ;)

You can hide a demountable gun model in your car during extended road trips and when you leave the vehicle and its contents unattended at remote places with few people around. Long guns in the back of my car have attracted unwelcome attention in the past. It really depends on where you are going, some places are better than others. I bought a JBL "Travel Magnum" years ago and can hide it under the car seats in my wagon (or estate car).

Reactions: spaghetti
Exactly, but definitely for me Mamba.
Hope there is some fish left on Guernsey.
My guns are slowly beginning to think of saying hello to fish there

All the best there mate
:)

-------------------------------------
SPEARFISHING
spearo_banner.jpg
[/IMG]

Exactly, but definitely for me Mamba.
Hope there is some fish left on Guernsey.
My guns are slowly beginning to think of saying hello to fish there

All the best there mate
:)

-------------------------------------
SPEARFISHING
spearo_banner.jpg
[/IMG]

Next summer will be holding a deeper blue 'fish in' in Guernsey, you would be very welcome...

And how about Salivmar? We haven't mentioned Salvimar so far in this thread. A relatively small company in Italy, they started making shafts, then jumped the big leap for a complete range of spearfishing equipment. Their first spearguns, the Voodoo (band) and Vintair (pneumatic), are now much appreciated.
Now this new feature, with a very interesting shaped carbon barrell. A few anticipation for this newest product:

Attachments

• salvi2.jpg
    salvi2.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 320
  • salvi.jpg
    salvi.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 316
One brand from Spain: Kikosub21.
These Spaniards display broad range of Wooden and CF spearguns, plus their own made CF fins with a strange triangular flap. Pics below are here too see:

Attachments

• kiko1.jpg
    kiko1.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 327
  • kiko2.jpg
    kiko2.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 323
  • kiko4.jpg
    kiko4.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 318
  • kiko3.gif
    kiko3.gif
    110.6 KB · Views: 304
One brand from Spain: Kikosub21.
These Spaniards display broad range of Wooden and CF spearguns, plus their own made CF fins with a strange triangular flap. Pics below are here too see:

Visually, that trigger mech doesn't look right...

Visually, that trigger mech doesn't look right...

Yeah, those "wings" look likely to cover the sight of the shaft. Guess what they're for...
Watch it in detail anyway:

Attachments

• kiko5.gif
    kiko5.gif
    33.2 KB · Views: 299
  • kiko6.gif
    kiko6.gif
    99 KB · Views: 307
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT