• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Ireland Spearing 2012

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Crap watch... had a similiar one, it never worked and sent it back. THen put a few extra funds into a life saving safety tool and bought a suntoo d4. You should get a watch with surface interval!

Anyway...
I went to take my boat out of the water and found some theiving scumbag had nicked my inflatable tender that was stored on the pier.

Rumours are that it is a gang of foreign nationals taking inflatables from the coast and using them/selling them on inland water ways. A few have been recovered but most disappear...

Anyway... here is my details if anyone comes accross it!

Went down to take my boat off the mooring today and some cnut has nicked my tender......
Its a navigator III 400 and only 2 seasons old... they are not common so they will be identifiable enough
nav3quattrocento.jpg

It also has Sli and Cliamh (name of my last boat) on the side... (probably covered by now)
I'd appreciate it if anyone has any info or comes across it.

Reactions: fcallagy
best portable smoker I use. handy , smokes fish in 10 min.

Attachments

• IMG_1431[1].jpg
    IMG_1431[1].jpg
    172.9 KB · Views: 142
Anyway...
I went to take my boat out of the water and found some theiving scumbag had nicked my inflatable tender that was stored on the pier.

Rumours are that it is a gang of foreign nationals taking inflatables from the coast and using them/selling them on inland water ways. A few have been recovered but most disappear...

Im sorry to hear this - scum.

Anyway...

Any CCTV by any chances?Reg no etc..?

Sorry to hear that Rob, I've heard that there's a gang stealing outboards as well.

Thanks, no reg numbers or CCTV there :(
Was a time things were just left alone, not anymore it seems... I'll have to take mine in my car in future... whenever I can afford a new one :vangry

Yeah you know winter is upon us when its this quiet. Was in Doolin this weekend with the sun on my back and calm seas for the afternoon but the swell picked up as the evening came. No dolphin this time round and vis was pretty poor at 3-4m at depth 1-2 above 4m. Didn't many fish about at all.
For anyone in the Dublin area there is pool training on this Friday night if you have attended a course with me or already have a freedive qualification. Energie fitness Parkwest at 7.30 static and dynamic.
Training Day | Facebook

Savage vis here and I am heading for Dublin, report in yesterday of trigger fish on Thumb rock . How? Why? sea temp? Guy thats spotted them has been diving 20 odd years so knows his stuff and alos spotted a school of fish he couldnt identify. Cant get in till sunday and swell and wind are picking up a bit on sunday so will see what happens.

Glad to hear someone is getting good vis, I got out last week to try and test a new speargun that I bought but I couldn't even see the end of the spear. I tried a few locations but the vis was only .5 to 1m and its not getting any better by the look of things.

is there any point getting out this late in the year... what fish are likely to be about... saw plenty of pollock and mullet few weeks back wonder are they still around

Went on my annual scallop pilgrimage today. Discovered I'm very unfit. Was hard work. Got two dozen and made 70/80 dives. There not there in numbers yet. In the water 2.5 hours. Viz was 8-10M and temp just below 12. Got a nice big crab, saw another but left him coz I only need one for my dinner. Saw a nice pollock too but my gun was on the float and I couldn't be arsed. Around 3/4lb mark.
Nice to get out though. Might pop back out in the new year for a look to see if the numbers are up and see if I can find a new spot. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1351547838.095777.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1351547858.525016.jpg

Savage vis here and I am heading for Dublin, report in yesterday of trigger fish on Thumb rock . How? Why? sea temp? Guy thats spotted them has been diving 20 odd years so knows his stuff and alos spotted a school of fish he couldnt identify. Cant get in till sunday and swell and wind are picking up a bit on sunday so will see what happens.

How did it go Feargus? If the man's an experienced diver and couldn't identify the school fish they could be something interesting. Did he give a description at all?

Went on my annual scallop pilgrimage today. Discovered I'm very unfit. Was hard work. Got two dozen and made 70/80 dives. There not there in numbers yet. In the water 2.5 hours. Viz was 8-10M and temp just below 12. Got a nice big crab, saw another but left him coz I only need one for my dinner. Saw a nice pollock too but my gun was on the float and I couldn't be arsed. Around 3/4lb mark.
Nice to get out though. Might pop back out in the new year for a look to see if the numbers are up and see if I can find a new spot. View attachment 34991View attachment 34992

Was that at the old spot Johnny? At this stage that place would nneed to be left untouched for a couple of years if it's ever to fully recover. I can't see that happening as other people than us are diving it, including some using scuba.

Have u seen guys on scuba there?? Ya the same spot. Was fairly empty there but that's happened before and then it was grand when I returned. So hopefully......

Glad to hear someone is getting good vis, I got out last week to try and test a new speargun that I bought but I couldn't even see the end of the spear. I tried a few locations but the vis was only .5 to 1m and its not getting any better by the look of things.

I hoped in locally yesterday and had the same experience :)
I ended up getting 2 fishboxes of seaweed for the veg patches :)

Johnny, its a big area... I'm sure there are a few pockets around... definately worth getting a fast boat to check them out... I'd defo be up for renting one for the day, Or I can trailer mine down when I get the carbs back and sort out my licence!

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT