• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Ireland Spearing 2012

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
I've heard that they're to be found in some of the places that I hunt but so far I haven't seen any. Seen a lovely sized sea trout but just watched him feeding in the weed, I got pretty close to him before he decided to swim on.

Giltheads of Irish record size should be arriving to a beach very near you in the next few weeks,we caught 2 Irish records on consecutive nights about 3 years ago (about 4 miles south of your local point).

I know of one spearo who got some last year not so far from me and a few hundred metres from the shore. I had a look but never managed to see any, did get a few nice bass in the spot at low tide though.

I know of one spearo who got some last year not so far from me and a few hundred metres from the shore. I had a look but never managed to see any, did get a few nice bass in the spot at low tide though.

The dark would probably work best(same with big bass),because they come right onto shore and feel safe,unlike when its bright.Must head down your way for a night dive in the near future,if your interested.

I've never done it yet but would like to give it a try, if the sea conditions were better tonight would have been ideal. The harvest moon was out tonight and I was out with my camera. That was at 9pm but its gotten a bit more overcast since then.

Attachments

• HarvestMoon.jpg
    HarvestMoon.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 143
I've never done it yet but would like to give it a try, if the sea conditions were better tonight would have been ideal. The harvest moon was out tonight and I was out with my camera. That was at 9pm but its gotten a bit more overcast since then.

Right in front of where the Campers park up is a very safe ideal plaice for a night dive,and the fish will be right in on the shore

Count me in...would I need a decent torch or do you think there is enough light from the harbour. I have one but its not very powerful.

Count me in...would I need a decent torch or do you think there is enough light from the harbour. I have one but its not very powerful.

You'll need a torch ,i might have a second one,we need a big tide full sometime after dark and 2 or 3m vis,as you wouldn't see much further than that anyway,i'll keep an eye on the tides.I'll pm u my no,and send me yours aswell,bed time now stalking at 6.

You'll need a torch ,i might have a second one,we need a big tide full sometime after dark and 2 or 3m vis,as you wouldn't see much further than that anyway,i'll keep an eye on the tides.I'll pm u my no,and send me yours aswell,bed time now stalking at 6.

Great, might do some bunny bashing myself in the morning. Rabbit stew for tea sounds good. I'll pm you my #.

Lads count me in for night dive , please . Never done it before , but love to try .

Hi everyone
Been out of the country for a while did I miss anything ? Weather looks terrible, anyone manage to find a Trigger yet ?

Welcome back climbingperch,viz not great around Dublin,just a few bugs!We may go out this week if weather allow!

gonna chance getting out saturday morning...havent been out since august... anyone else getting wet this weekend

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT