• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

IWC World Static Apnea Contest, Monaco 21-23.07

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
samdive said:
yes.. but... why not invite some women along (other than the "beauties" who are meeting everyone and riding around in limos with them of course)?

unlike Pierre to forget about the females! we freedive too!

Sam

Nothing sexist here, He invited freedivers that had done more than 7´30", and as far as I know only one girl has reached 7´. That is the reason. The time, not the sex.
:)

QazzaQ said:
It would seem, that one of the biggest factors limiting the development of this sport is the jealousy of less gifted individuals...

I think you are right ! I am also very shocked at this story...

Anybody should be considered innocent as long as he has not been proven guilty...

I see no reason why Tom should be banned from this competition...

The bigger question is why do they have pictures of Tom in their apnea photo gallery when they have not invited him? :hmm

Will someone please tell me what time it will be when it's 8 PM in Monaco? One or two hours ahead of GMT, oops UTC, I guess. With live apnea, Hockenhiem and the Tour time trial, it looks like Saturday will be a couch potato's delight. Maybe with all the sitting around and some carbo loading, I'll make 60 on Sunday.
Aloha
Bill

Bill said:
Will someone please tell me what time it will be when it's 8 PM in Monaco? One or two hours ahead of GMT, oops UTC, I guess. With live apnea, Hockenhiem and the Tour time trial, it looks like Saturday will be a couch potato's delight. Maybe with all the sitting around and some carbo loading, I'll make 60 on Sunday.
Aloha
Bill
I think I missed something.... is there any way for the people who are not present to watch/get updates from this event? is there a net broadcast or even some tv broadcast?

Thanks Frank. It'll be fun to watch.
The O2 and CO2 workouts are back where they were at the peak last year (before the hip replacement), but I haven't been doing wet statics and the dry ones are 30-40 seconds less than last Dec. Still optimistic for later in the year. Just too many changes at my age and the emphasis is on getting leg strength back for constant.
Aloha
Bill

Thank you DeepThought!

I have a broad bandwidth but I'm not sure if the webserver has...

:) I was asking, I'm clueless about this as you are. (and just as eager to see this competition!)

As far as I know the only broadcast is over the Internet. All information is on the main page of the contest.
There is a promotional video up.

Reactions: DeepThought
Thank you for the info Frank!

I'm very excited to see the crême-de-la-crême of the static athletes compete against each other...

10x! :)
It seemed like the main page is the only page I didn't find on this site. :duh

Monaco Static Contest draw just out :

Eric Fattah - Bill Stromberg
Karl Pernett - Dominique Ventzke
Stig Severinsen - Wolle Nuegebauer
Timo Kinnunen - Arnaud Nowicki
Ryuzo Shinomia - Deron Verbeck
Kristian Curavic - Stephane Mifsud

Cool, my bets are:
Fattah
Pernett
Severinsen
Kinnunen
Verbeck
Mifsud

for the semi finals...

Very cool competition, I must say...Just missing one person to be perfect :/

My bets are:

Fattah
Pernett
Severinsen
Kinnunen
Shinomia
Curavic

for the semi.

Balázs :)

Have to agree with Jome, my bets are:
Fattah
Pernett
Severinsen
Kinnunen
Verbeck
Mifsud

Shinomia vs. Verbeck should be a close one!

Well, anything can happen, but I think the 4 first pairs are pretty predictable. Just rooting for Timo, I have no idea what range Nowicki is...

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT