• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

January 2003 Caption Contest!!!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
A Poem to Start the Year Off Right

OK, here we go! :cool:

The Wetsuit is stinky and the fins reek like trash!
Sven guesses it's time to give them a bath!

"Dettol's too costly!" says Sven, "We're getting robbed!
So, it's time to call on my buddy SpongeBob!"

A good blob of Bob goes into the tub, next suit and fins,
and then a rubba-dub-dub!

The foam, it all glistens. The fins, they both gleam.
Sven looks in the mirror and wipes off the steam.

Sven hangs the gear up to dry over night,
gets a whiff of Bubblebath and turns pale in fright!

"Oh NO!" thinks Sven, "I really do wish,
that the smell of SpongeBob doesn't scare off the fish!"

But he still doesn't know about all the ribbing this will cost him,
when all his dive buddies find Sven now smells like a baby's bottom!

:rofl

Bret (Hey, I am an engineer, NOT a poet!)

Reactions: Jon
The only thing for Daffy's Frostbite was a good hot soaking

BD surges ahead!

Genius, Bret!!
But always better to smell like a baby's bottom than a horse's arse, no? ;)

sven

Reactions: Jon
The firemen thought they were called out to deal with the usual toe in the tap scenario. They hadn't brought the equipment for plug hole removal.

Sven decided to investigate when someone suggested that he was one pube short of a plughole!!!

Sven was the jealous type. He thought the fins were alone... Little did he know his mask and snorkel were holding their breath under the bubbles til he left.

Re: BD surges ahead!

Originally posted by icarus pacific
Genius, Bret!!
But always better to smell like a baby's bottom than a horse's arse, no? ;)

sven

Absolutely.... or like a wetsuit that has been "internally warmed":yack (how's that for a "clean euphemism?" :D)

Either way though, the fish are outta there :hmm

Bret

Last edited:
"Sven! You didn't used that 'summon-a-seagod' soap, did you?"

For the connaiseur; the picture inserted is that of the Old God Cthulhu. For more information, I would refer you to the works of H.P. Lovecraft.

Klaas Feenstra

Attachments

• entry.gif
    entry.gif
    143.7 KB · Views: 312
Rub a dub dub, take a look at that bug!

Originally posted by Klaas Feenstra
"Sven! You didn't used that 'summon-a-seagod' soap, did you?"

For the connaiseur; the picture inserted is that of the Old God Cthulhu. For more information, I would refer you to the works of H.P. Lovecraft.

Klaas Feenstra

Oh MY! That is one UGLY bug back there! Sven didn't know that using Spongebob would turn him into Bug Bait!

Bret

Freedivers' Lament

Ahh Shit . . . looks like the Bubble Blowers got here before we did.

Sven Honey,

Are you sure this rash is from my wetsuit? All this soap is making it burn.

1. Now, we've all heard of divers frothing from the mouth after a blackout, but this is excessive!

2. Bob was attempting a world record attempt in static apnea. He thought the bubbles would hide his trademark samba.

3. Joey's failed attempt to breathe polyfluorocarbon resin.

4. All those bubbles give a new meaning to 'diving on air.'

5. An ingenious way to hide the cyanosis from his wife...

6. In an attempt to extend his apnea times, Jerry resorted to swallowing air into his belly. The experiment backfired as the contractions pushed the air out of his backside, in a froth of bubbles.

Eric Fattah
BC, Canada

Much to the amusement of the broader DB community, Sven was one of the few people who actually believed about the futuristic city that lay just beyond the plug hole.

Items that should be banned from a honeymoon #361: Freediving fins.

"Sven darling, I don't think the head and shoulders is going to help with your fin fungus"

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT