• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

latest catch from QATAR

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

sanadw

Sep 15, 2006
It was a nice trip last week, the water temp went down now and the bigger fishes start to come closer to the beach, AND my new OMER T20 and Ice fins are here too :inlove .

the speargun is T20 ocean mimetic 100cm with omer match 50 reel, shark fin shaft and omer rail too.
must say that the gun is deadly accurate, and since this is my first OMER gun I was amazed from the smoothness and silence of the trigger.
very easy stone shoots, even for the mullet in open water(no reefs to hide).

Omer Ice fins are nice too, no way to see them in the water, I think they made a difference, the fishes usually scared from my 2000Gara fins, with ICE they didn't am sure!
but I didn't feel a huge difference in the performance!

my new OMER abyss mirrored lenses didn't fit my face, it leaked from the side of my face, so I put it back in the box, and will try to sell it or send it back to ITALY.

as always my trusty old eliossub 3mm suit protect me from the cold water and gave an excellent Camo. with no doubt ELIOSSUB make the best suits...

Hope to like the pictures

Attachments

• pic1.jpg
    pic1.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 217
  • pic2.jpg
    pic2.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 197
  • pic3.jpg
    pic3.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 208
  • pic4.jpg
    pic4.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 243
I think they cost me 135 euro from my friends at ELIOSSUB ITALY.
no dealer for OMER products here in QATAR.... is there any shop sell OMER products in dubai???

this is the fins cost only without the shipping, I ordered allot of items I don't know the shipping cost for the fins only ... you can mail them from there site if you like.... they give the best prices I think.

Let me check..well back home in lebanon they have O.M.E.R dealer but here in DXB they dont.strange.
i got Gara 2000 too, maybe i have to get Gara 3000 what do u think?

try subprof.com
they are based in spain and give the best prices

Mabrouk Sanad!
My Mom is coming over to Doha end of November, I was going to go with her but then decided to have a "boys" weekend in Dubai with my Dad instead.

Hopefully will visit Qatar next on a small project i have going.... perhaps will come and you teach me to spear :)

The Killer's me said:
Let me check..well back home in lebanon they have O.M.E.R dealer but here in DXB they dont.strange.
i got Gara 2000 too, maybe i have to get Gara 3000 what do u think?

Man that was my first choice too, but when I fined that the difference between them and the ICE was only 20 euro or so I went to the ICE.
but think about it that when you want to go for carbon fins you need the blades only, Ice foot pockets are compatible with the carbon fins like bat short and long.
most of my spearfishing is from shore so I need flex blades like the Ice, Gara used to kill me after every dive :crutch
I don't think that you can change Gara blades.. correct me if I am wrong??

if you spend allot of time in the surface like me get the ICE, but If you dive from a boat and you go deeper take a stiffer fin, for sure it will take you to the surface faster.

GARA3000 L.D. are more flex than the normal GARA3000.

Marwan said:
try subprof.com
they are based in spain and give the best prices

Marwan ... eliossub.com is much cheaper than subprof.com, I send them subprof prices and they gave me much cheaper prices!!! 10 to 20 euros on each item am sure of that.:t

you can do the same too ... see what you need and its price at subprof and send it to them.... they will give you a cheaper price!! :confused:

island_sands said:
Mabrouk Sanad!
My Mom is coming over to Doha end of November, I was going to go with her but then decided to have a "boys" weekend in Dubai with my Dad instead.

Hopefully will visit Qatar next on a small project i have going.... perhaps will come and you teach me to spear :)

Any time Sandy ... I spend three days every week fishing here!!!:t
and now is the best time ....
you should see me one month ago... not even a tiny fish!! all what you see is those damn jellys ... with 2 meters hands dangling from them ... waiting to touch any part of your body!!!:naughty

its really amazing how the sea changes here, in two weeks later not even one single jellyfish, and the water full of large fishes .... hungry, curious and ready to be speard :inlove

I thought you do spearfishing don't you??

No i dont spear... my best girlfriend did and she always was on at me to try it.. my neighbour is [ame="http://forums.deeperblue.net/member.php?u=3250"]View Profile: Nesim@@AMEPARAM@@View Profile: Nesim</title>@@AMEPARAM@@Nesim[/ame]brother, he always invites me but i havent had the time yet, we don't seem to coincide.

island_sands said:
No i dont spear... my best girlfriend did and she always was on at me to try it.. my neighbour is Nesim's brother, he always invites me but i havent had the time yet, we don't seem to coincide.

I think if yo try it, you will get attached to it more than Scuba...(I mean spearfishing for all sarcastic guys here) :t

any ways just let me know earlier and I will arrange a nice trip for you, with allot of spearfishing... any time!
((not like you))
I asked you to take me with you in trip in dubai but you didn't reply!!:confused: (in the monalisa post):chatup

oh sorry i missed that :) caught up doing scuba classes at the moment (Ladies Only :) )

Qatar_hunter said:
Salaaam Sandw

well done and cool gear as well.

look at www.stateofqatar.com and you will see more pictuers from Qatar

salaaam

Hala QATAR hunter ....
wooow very nice catches man...
I think you have one of the best guns in the market too, RABITECH stealth is an outstanding accuracy and power .... and the effesub suit is great too, but it look very thick???

two weeks ago went to Halet Al Asere (7alet al 3asere) for some trolling and deep fishing, too bad my speargun wasn't with me :head
full of hamur and large trevally (jash), all the way the king mackerel (chn3ad) was hitting the lines like no tomorrow...

those photos are from (al 3daed ) but the current is really strong there:confused:

maybe one day we go togather to (fasht al 7daed) its full now too....
let me know if your interested....

do you know any other good places to spearfish from shore??? my damn boat is not working anymore, those Evinrude engines are crap... searching for a YAMAHA 250 engine now... any idea??

Last edited:
Thank for stoping by

the the effersub is a very thick suit it 5 mm but u cant feel nothing...:t
We just order some more Rabitech gun they are really great...rofl

We go diving almost every where.:martial . mainlly 7alet al3aseeri we know it mankeef by mankeef....as you can see the pictuer at the web site

You really need a good boat to go to good places and there is no good places from shore exapet alodid but you need to caluclate for the current

I know a guy who might help you to find an yamama engine..i will send PV with his number if u r intersted

ciao now

The Killer's me said:
guys have u tried the Riffe Euro gun?
any idea? i feel like getting one.

never tried it my self, but I heard that some of them have a problem in shooting a little bit higher, not very accurate like Rabitech, Omersub and rob allen's .:naughty

make sure to take it from the dealer so in case there is a problem in it ... you can change it!!

sweet gear dude and nice catch ...

i caught a small kingfish in udaid last saturday like you said there coming closer with the cold weather :)

im suprised i havent seen you around seeing as you dive 3 times a week :confused:

and that RABITECH in the pictures is mine :inlove "i love its accuracy"

o ya and ur omer ice fins rock :)

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT