• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

latest catch from QATAR

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
sanadw said:
Nice catch Qatar Hunter .... Very good QUANTITY and SIZE...
I never catch that much before, Used to ctach them aroud (Fasht Al Hudaed) but most of the time I end up catching allot of (Fasker) more than (Safi) !!!

* I don't know if any of you ever find Safi some times near belly tastes unpleasant and very bitter!!!:confused: ever happened with you??

sometimes people cook safi without cleaning there belly because all safi eat is grass so sometimes beside the belly is a lil sour ... depends what type of grass they were smoking :p

BARACUDA ....

I fight with the Cobia for more than 30 minutes ... man it was the toughest in my whole life :crutch
each time it comes near the surface and sees me it turns like jetboat and goes back to the deep ..... it did that more than 5 times:confused:.
and it looks like shark in the water at first sight!!!!

the big King fights really strong at first couple of seconds .... then it become like a stone.... those big size kings give up very fast!!!

the best place to find these monsters is in the deep waters in March and April, they come to mate here and land there eggs in the warm sands.

I like to fry there eggs ... they taste outstandingrofl

usually I catch Rabeeb in al Asere area ... but never saw this black trevally before..... I guess now its season right??

baracuda said:
depends what type of grass they were smoking :p

loooooolrofl then next time I'll dry there belly and smoke it, maybe it taste better than eating!! who knows!!! :p

Amphibious said:
the sphera drove me nuts! I'm not sure how to describe it, it's not distorted, just "different". depth perception was all messed up, and they way they curve around the side I was always getting "spooked" by something close that was never there. gave both mine away. they also scratch very easy (if you're hard on your gear like I am)

OH Amphibious the last thing that I need in the deep water is to be Spooked:naughty
man I am allready spooked most of the time (thanks to jaws movie) and those damn clips:

OK THEN SPHERA IS OUT OF THE CHOICES.

Last edited by a moderator:
sanadw said:
BARACUDA ....

I fight with the Cobia for more than 30 minutes ... man it was the toughest in my whole life :crutch
each time it comes near the surface and sees me it turns like jetboat and goes back to the deep ..... it did that more than 5 times:confused:.
and it looks like shark in the water at first sight!!!!

the big King fights really strong at first couple of seconds .... then it become like a stone.... those big size kings give up very fast!!!

the best place to find these monsters is in the deep waters in March and April, they come to mate here and land there eggs in the warm sands.

I like to fry there eggs ... they taste outstandingrofl

usually I catch Rabeeb in al Asere area ... but never saw this black trevally before..... I guess now its season right??

coool i woulda loved to have seen that fight

iv only caught cobia by line never seen one under water ... hope i do soon

:D we do alot of diving in asiri too .. this is a picture of a black travelly

Senig_u1.jpg

thanks for the heads up Mishu, did some looking and found a few places that take lower hour pilots, should have my hours up to application standards next year, will be sure to send them a CV at that point. Spent 18yrs in Middle east, really miss it, would love to find a way back. I crave Kapsa and Shawarma almost daily :D

To all Doha residents: will you be interested in getting together next weekend (Fri or Sat) for a group hunt? I usually go up north (Madinet Al Shamal) and Khor Odaid (freedive only-never on scuba) but would love to try other spots. If anyone is interested please let me know.

gladiator said:
To all Doha residents: will you be interested in getting together next weekend (Fri or Sat) for a group hunt? I usually go up north (Madinet Al Shamal) and Khor Odaid (freedive only-never on scuba) but would love to try other spots. If anyone is interested please let me know.

hey wassup dude

me sanad and qatar hunter are gonna raid udaid tomorrow u wanna come ?

Hey Baracuda:

My buddy and I will be in Odaid tomorrow morning around 10:00 AM. Would love to meet up with you guys. I believe the location we'll be at is "Dhaime" we drive a 2006 silver Nissam Patrol with a small Canadian flag sticker on the rear bumper. Hope to see you there.

gladiator said:
Hey Baracuda:

My buddy and I will be in Odaid tomorrow morning around 10:00 AM. Would love to meet up with you guys. I believe the location we'll be at is "Dhaime" we drive a 2006 silver Nissam Patrol with a small Canadian flag sticker on the rear bumper. Hope to see you there.

hiya gladiator

were meeting up at sealine at 1pm and moving out from there we were planing to go a little further into udaid but we might change plans and come to dhaime ....... hey do u have a c4 riffe ???

I think C4 that Monoscocca made is the best ... is there a C4 from Riffe????

Monoscocca manufactured a new gun now ... go to there site and have a look.... very sexy!!!:t

OMERSUB have a new gun too ... CAYMAN HF ..... outstanding gun and for the first time a new barrel shape ... and the best trigger ever made .......

if any one thinking of a new gun .... take my advice and go for the CAYMAN HF from OMERSUB.
this gun will be out in the new year.......:inlove

This morning there were some guys on SCUBA going spearfishing just off the beach near where I live.

The sad part is, it's a maximum of 12m out there rofl rofl

sanadw said:

Monoscocca manufactured a new gun now ... go to there site and have a look.... very sexy!!!:t

i just got a new c4 mr carbon 104cm, it looks wicked!!!!! i didnt get to try it out yet, but i cant wait..... i bought it directly from c4

the riffe gun is called competitor series size 4, c4 is just short for that, its a wood gun it has nothing to do with the italian carbon masterpiece, the ferrari of spearguns

Last edited:
Marwan said:
sanadw said:

i just got a new c4 mr carbon 104cm, it looks wicked!!!!! i didnt get to try it out yet, but i cant wait..... i bought it directly from c4

the riffe gun is called competitor series size 4, c4 is just short for that, its a wood gun it has nothing to do with the italian carbon masterpiece, the ferrari of spearguns

ya the monoscocca looks nice just becareful of the bands those wishbones will take big chunks outa your fingers if they slip trust me its happend to me 4 times now i only use dynema wishbones safer and more silent

island_sands said:
This morning there were some guys on SCUBA going spearfishing just off the beach near where I live.

The sad part is, it's a maximum of 12m out there rofl rofl

the big wusses :D

baracuda said:
ya the monoscocca looks nice just becareful of the bands those wishbones will take big chunks outa your fingers if they slip trust me its happend to me 4 times now i only use dynema wishbones safer and more silent

i use the beuchat tahiti wishbone on the euro guns, its safer for the fingers, as you could slip them out easily after you load, it is also easier to load longer guns with it as you could pull it with your gloves just like the dyneema wishbones. i never had a problem with the regular wishbones, but they were a pain to pull during loading...
about the slinece, i dont think it makes much of a difference, because the fish will feel the waves from the shaft in all cases....
Riffe speargubs are cool, i have a C1 but i think that the longer you go (c2,c3,c4) the less manouverable and heavy they become, i would think that for free dive spearfishing C2 would be the maximum length you can live with comfortably, if you need longer i think its better to go with a mid handle.. the riffe cross section is quite thick so is not easy in side tracking your prey...

Marwan said:
i use the beuchat tahiti wishbone on the euro guns, its safer for the fingers, as you could slip them out easily after you load, it is also easier to load longer guns with it as you could pull it with your gloves just like the dyneema wishbones. i never had a problem with the regular wishbones, but they were a pain to pull during loading...
about the slinece, i dont think it makes much of a difference, because the fish will feel the waves from the shaft in all cases....
Riffe speargubs are cool, i have a C1 but i think that the longer you go (c2,c3,c4) the less manouverable and heavy they become, i would think that for free dive spearfishing C2 would be the maximum length you can live with comfortably, if you need longer i think its better to go with a mid handle.. the riffe cross section is quite thick so is not easy in side tracking your prey...

I think I will change to metal wish bones again ... man those dyneema is giving me some problems like:

*Every time I load the gun my fingers stuck between the barrel and the rubber ... this never happened with the tahiti wishbone!

* my loading time is horrible!!:confused: it took me so long to load the open muzzle, and some times the dyneema tangle with the shaft line!!! then more time waste ..... is that normal guys????? or is it only me??:confused:

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT