• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

latest catch from QATAR

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
baracuda said:
from the TROPICAL water of qatar :t " FEAR THE WABBIT"

View attachment 11395

OK CUDA make me eat my heart now!!! like I don't have enough troubles man...:waterwork

Just today I finished fixing my car man:confused: .... missed every thing this week .... man the guys come back with a full boat from Al Asere ..... 15 groupers and a hell of Trevally ...:vangry .... no problems with the coast guards... the Sea is not closed for fishing!!!!!???

Is this grouper really big??? or you have a small gun?? what is the size of this gun CUDA?????

Now you should fix this problem ... must go for a real good trip next weekend ...

sanad, i didnt have the problem with tangling, but dynema wishbones tend to break every once in a while, the tahiti wishbone is the one i like best, fast and comfrtable to load, safe and reliable.

MARWAN ....congratulations for the new gun... please let us know how is the NEW C4 when you test it...... and how much it cost you??

sanadw said:
I think I will change to metal wish bones again ... man those dyneema is giving me some problems like:

*Every time I load the gun my fingers stuck between the barrel and the rubber ... this never happened with the tahiti wishbone!

* my loading time is horrible!!:confused: it took me so long to load the open muzzle, and some times the dyneema tangle with the shaft line!!! then more time waste ..... is that normal guys????? or is it only me??:confused:

all my previous guns had metal wishbones but now that iv tryed dynema wishbones no way ill switch back there just all round better plus very silent ..

iv had one that iv used alot for a year its even got a bit cut with strings coming out and its still not snapped even when i load it to the second knotch dynema is strong stuff and cheap to replace ... and iv never had trouble with it tangling :confused: what brand is ur band sanad ??

sanadw said:
OK CUDA make me eat my heart now!!! like I don't have enough troubles man...:waterwork

Just today I finished fixing my car man:confused: .... missed every thing this week .... man the guys come back with a full boat from Al Asere ..... 15 groupers and a hell of Trevally ...:vangry .... no problems with the coast guards... the Sea is not closed for fishing!!!!!???

Is this grouper really big??? or you have a small gun?? what is the size of this gun CUDA?????

Now you should fix this problem ... must go for a real good trip next weekend ...

dont worry man winters just starting lots of kings coming close to shore in range of ur omer :D

which marina did ur frends leave from because most of them are closed ??
oooo asiri is a great place to be now with not alot of boats going to sea it must be full of fish ..... check out this striped travelly we got from there .
http://stateofqatar.com/images/DSC02744.JPG

baracuda said:
dont worry man winters just starting lots of kings coming close to shore in range of ur omer :D

which marina did ur frends leave from because most of them are closed ??
oooo asiri is a great place to be now with not alot of boats going to sea it must be full of fish ..... check out this striped travelly we got from there .
http://stateofqatar.com/images/DSC02744.JPG

from four seasons hotel ... Coast Guards said there is no ban yet, give them a call first.

thats one good sized trevally man, a fish like that can take you in a nice trip if not stoned :t :crutch

Be ready next week .... The fishe is gona ....CRY:martial ... with my new OMER will spear two each shot ...:t

Any kings in C line reef??

sanadw said:
from four seasons hotel ... Coast Guards said there is no ban yet, give them a call first.

thats one good sized trevally man, a fish like that can take you in a nice trip if not stoned :t :crutch

Be ready next week .... The fishe is gona ....CRY:martial ... with my new OMER will spear two each shot ...:t

Any kings in C line reef??

:D .....

thats not fair my boat is at the ritz carlton and there closed until after the asian games :vangry

i didnt see any kings da viz was bad ... lots of barracuda though i think the viz is better on the low tide in the evenings

I work at the Four Seasons Hotel, my office is few minutes from the Marina. Qatari security is all over the hotel. Foot traffic is minimal so I guarantee you there will be no boats leaving the marina anytime soon.

They went out Friday morning, and I was there when they came back, I guarantee you that there is no problems there at all.

So the problem is with the Hotels, not the coast Guards!!!! so if we trail the boat to another place Wakra or so... we can go normally...

The viz is always bad in this area Cuda :vangry ...
couple of weeks ago, I went to Al Garia area and give it a try, last year I speard a 10kg Grouper there .... allot of fish there, but as always the Viz there was terrible, you can't see the head of your shaft!!!:confused:

Cuda did you go to (Fasht Al7daed) before .... man Al Asere is nothing compared to that reef ..... I have the coordinates for it, we can go there when they release your Boat rofl

sanadw said:
They went out Friday morning, and I was there when they came back, I guarantee you that there is no problems there at all.

So the problem is with the Hotels, not the coast Guards!!!! so if we trail the boat to another place Wakra or so... we can go normally...

yep its only the hotels ....wakrah alkhor even the marina beside the halool shesha are allowed .

nope i havent been to fasht alhadaid iv heard its good .... i prefer diving structures in deeper water theres more pelagic species there e.g travelly-kings-cobia. ..... wheres your favourite place u have even dived ??

my boat is more a wakeboarding boat i had a bigger boat but i sold it to buy one with a pole for wakeboarding :D ... i usually go offshore diving in my frends boats.

baracuda said:
yep its only the hotels ....wakrah alkhor even the marina beside the halool shesha are allowed .

nope i havent been to fasht alhadaid iv heard its good .... i prefer diving structures in deeper water theres more pelagic species there e.g travelly-kings-cobia. ..... wheres your favourite place u have even dived ??

my boat is more a wakeboarding boat i had a bigger boat but i sold it to buy one with a pole for wakeboarding :D ... i usually go offshore diving in my frends boats.

I learned fishing and diving in Aqaba-jordan in the beginning of the 80's, my cousins lived there and I used to visit them and staid there allot.

Red sea is definitely the best place for spearfishing and diving, the viz there is outstanding you can easily see up to 60 meters or maybe more with a crystal clear water and allot of pelagic fish including huge sharks!!!

in Qatar the best place for sure is Fasht Alhdaed, with lots of Fasker, trevally, snapper, groupers and some times huge kings.

will go there after the end of the asian games.... it will be FULL.

sanadw said:
I learned fishing and diving in Aqaba-jordan in the beginning of the 80's, my cousins lived there and I used to visit them and staid there allot.

Red sea is definitely the best place for spearfishing and diving, the viz there is outstanding you can easily see up to 60 meters or maybe more with a crystal clear water and allot of pelagic fish including huge sharks!!!

in Qatar the best place for sure is Fasht Alhdaed, with lots of Fasker, trevally, snapper, groupers and some times huge kings.

will go there after the end of the asian games.... it will be FULL.

kings ??? :confused: is alhadaid shallow like asiri ??

island_sands said:
awwwwwwww once a week dad pleezzzzzzz

:t rofl :t it was just advice because i had a frend that had alot of trouble holding his breath becuase he smoked

I am a heavy smoker ..... and still have some breath that helps me shoot kings!!! but its much less than before for sure:head

Yes Cuda there is some places around Al hudaid are mid deep.. kings and big trevally come to feed from them ... I speard allot of them there.

sanadw said:
I am a heavy smoker ..... and still have some breath that helps me shoot kings!!! but its much less than before for sure:head

Yes Cuda there is some places around Al hudaid are mid deep.. kings and big trevally come to feed from them ... I speard allot of them there.

cool is it a deep reef ??? iv been looking for a deep reef far away from shore ... theres one 20km off shore south of DOHA BOY somewhere aint found it yet

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT