• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Leaderfins

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
I have Specialfins Hybrid blades in Pathos Fireblade footpockets. If I remember correctly, I had to trim a small bit from the fins side rail to allow the arms of the foot pocket to fit. I modified the foot pocket to accept a set of Omer millenium blade clamps, and glued the rest in place with Sikaflex 921. The glue lasted for about three years, and I've only had to reglue them recently.

Leaderfins medium carbon + leaderfins f/p = like other companies soft.
And btw, Leaderfins carbon vs glassfiber, there aint big difference, exept fiberglass is cheaper :)

Leaderfins "carbon" is sandwich, wich means it only has 2 (not sure) layers of carbon and other is glassfiber :)

I have tried medium fiberglass with leaderfins f/p, cant say if there are any difference at all vs carbon.

I have also tried hard fiberglass with leaderfins f/p, its like other companies medium :D

Leaderfins f/p is the most comfortable what i have tried, its soft rubber, can use fins all day long BUT tendons are reallllly soft, u can make knot out of these rofl
Stingrays tendons are hard, but pocket is soft, not sooo soft like Leaders.
Its also comfortable :)

Leaderfins WAVES Carbon blade weight: 315gr
Leaderfins f/p weight: 825gr
Whole fin with Leaderfins f/p weight: 1150gr

Omer Stingray f/p weight: 688gr
Whole fin with Stingray f/p: 1000gr

From my knowledge Beuchat f/p is 12 degrees, so that doesent fit with 22 degrees blade, am i wrong ?

Pathos is lightest f/p in the world (probably), it weights 380gr one, BUT u have to glue it to the blade!!!

Picasso is okay, but Omer and H.Dessault is better :)

SORRY FOR MY BAD ENGLISH! :friday

If somebody have more specific questions, ask! :)

Martin, may I ask if you have ever tried or heard about the Mako footpockets? I already got the Leaderfins
Leaderfins medium carbon + leaderfins f/p = like other companies soft.
And btw, Leaderfins carbon vs glassfiber, there aint big difference, exept fiberglass is cheaper :)

Leaderfins "carbon" is sandwich, wich means it only has 2 (not sure) layers of carbon and other is glassfiber :)

I have tried medium fiberglass with leaderfins f/p, cant say if there are any difference at all vs carbon.

I have also tried hard fiberglass with leaderfins f/p, its like other companies medium :D

Leaderfins f/p is the most comfortable what i have tried, its soft rubber, can use fins all day long BUT tendons are reallllly soft, u can make knot out of these rofl
Stingrays tendons are hard, but pocket is soft, not sooo soft like Leaders.
Its also comfortable :)

Leaderfins WAVES Carbon blade weight: 315gr
Leaderfins f/p weight: 825gr
Whole fin with Leaderfins f/p weight: 1150gr

Omer Stingray f/p weight: 688gr
Whole fin with Stingray f/p: 1000gr

From my knowledge Beuchat f/p is 12 degrees, so that doesent fit with 22 degrees blade, am i wrong ?

Pathos is lightest f/p in the world (probably), it weights 380gr one, BUT u have to glue it to the blade!!!

Picasso is okay, but Omer and H.Dessault is better :)

SORRY FOR MY BAD ENGLISH! :friday

If somebody have more specific questions, ask! :)

Martin, may I ask, have you ever tried the Mako footpockets? Or do you have any feedback from friends using them? I already got the Leaderfins Steoroblade Waves Alga fiberglass blades in medium... I am kinda torn between getting the Omer Stingray footpockets ($90/pair) or the Mako footpockets ($ 79.95/pair). I haven't tried both of them personally since footpockets are not sold in the Philippines and so I have to rely on feedbacks from users who have tried them before I order them online...

Anyone here ever tried the Mako footpockets? Some sort of feedback about them would be gladly appreciated.

Anyone here ever tried the Mako footpockets? Some sort of feedback about them would be gladly appreciated.

I have had a pair of Mako's for 2 years now (snapped the blades about a year ago & put in Cressi blades[both plastics]) and the footpockets are by far the most comfortable and reliable ones i have. The sizing is also spot on, i have the 8/9 and wear them without socks up to 5 hours with no rubbing. I also owned and used many others including Cressi's, Pathos, Omer's and Seac's and would say the Mako Competition f/p and Cressi Gara f/p are the most comfortable iv used. I have the 8/9 Cressi footpockets and find i need to wear a thin pair of neoprene socks (2mm) to give me a good solid fit like the Mako's.

Reactions: Doc Bass
What about leaderfins on Cressi Gara Modular footpockets ?

That is very mistic hard question XRISTOS, on which I tried get answer too.
I have Gara Modular and I want upgrade them with non cressi carbon blades.
Leaderfins are a lot cheaper than C4's, but they are not so bad, becouse a lot of people buying them.
I redirect this question to all freedivers that are using gara modular footpockets with carbon blades, and it's not about like some say that gara footpockets breaks and are not soft enough. I using my modulars 1 year - let's say 1 season and they really great comfortable, with no issues at all.
One more thing not everyone can have the best equimpment instantly. Leaderfins can be a sollution and saving budget.

Reactions: xristos
Gara footpockets are great !
Have used them for about 50 sessions with no problem so far.
Someone told that he had used this combo and I know for sure that there are many interested. Let's wait a bit to see if an answer appears though. I also find it weird that there is no one to answer the question yet.

"One more thing not everyone can have the best equimpment instantly. Leaderfins can be a sollution and saving budget." Definately (y)

Reactions: Marek F
hi guys, what is the difference between Omer stingray and Omer millenniums foot pockets?

Omer Stingray:
These new fixed blade fins are characterized by their thermo rubber foot-pocket and for the angle between foot-pocket and blade being 22 degrees (compared to traditional 15/17 degree).
The use of thermo rubber of two different stiffness compounds increases comfort over normal foot-pockets.
The 22 degree angle is the result of trying to optimize the power of the push through the water relative to effort.
The blades are produced in a low modular polypropylene.
Max. Length aprox: 95cm
Omer Stingrey are better becouse of the bigger angle between position of fin blade to the footpocket, which decreases overload on ankle joints, makes fining easer.

Leaderfins are a lot cheaper than C4's, but they are not so bad, becouse a lot of people buying them.
I redirect this question to all freedivers that are using gara modular footpockets with carbon blades, and it's not about like some say that gara footpockets breaks and are not soft enough. I using my modulars 1 year - let's say 1 season and they really great comfortable, with no issues at all.
One more thing not everyone can have the best equimpment instantly. Leaderfins can be a sollution and saving budget.

I had asked Leaderfins this same question 2 months ago, they said they do not know. They do know Beuchat footpockets do not work.

Sent from my One using Tapatalk

I had asked Leaderfins this same question 2 months ago, they said they do not know. They do know Beuchat footpockets do not work.

As for the Cressi Gara Modular foot pockets breaking, I contacted Cressi about it and they said they were aware of this issue with the 1st batch but they have fixed it since.

Thank GOD my Gara Modular are ok and nothing is breaking. I do not understand why produceres of carbon blades ignore existance of Cressi Gara Modular footpockets, I must go for Omer Stingray or simply buy C4's

Thank GOD my Gara Modular are ok and nothing is breaking. I do not understand why produceres of carbon blades ignore existance of Cressi Gara Modular footpockets, I must go for Omer Stingray or simply buy C4's
Mine are great too :)

Reactions: Marek F
I did not see it in this thread. What brand of glass and/or carbon blades work in Omer Stingray foot pockets?

They work really well with pathos foot pockets - the leader pockets are a little harder now than a couple of years ago, but pathos work better in my opinion

Hey KK, I'm living in Hawaii now and am looking into getting a pair of leaderfins to get serious about spearfishing with. I'm 6 foot 155 lbs and have pretty narrow feet and i'm a 43 EU or 10 US shoe size. Im a little worried reading about how leaderfins use omer foot pockets that everybody says tend to run larger... (They look huge in pictures too) Also since the water is warm I plan on just staying barefoot in the fins. Could you recommend a size and stiffness for me for the Leaderfins? Also do you think that the foot pockets that come on the current leaderfins will be fine? or should I try pathos or some other brand?? Im just looking for foot pockets that will be soft, comfortable, and fit my skinny feet well barefoot, but stiff enough for good energy transfer... I wish there was a place here i could try some on.
Anyways sorry about all the questions, ive been looking at fins4u.com

A shopkeeper that imports leaderfins as well told me he could put them on my Cressi Gara Modular footpockets.
Wanted to address this question that had emerged earlier in this topic for those interested.

Στάλθηκε από το SM-G355HN μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

Thanks, I ended up geting Breier fins on Seac Sub footpockets (which are narrow as I wanted).

Hi, thought I'd write about my experience with my Leaderfins, as I always find other people's reviews quite helpful ;) Got the Leaderfins Ice about a month ago, didn't get to use them in the ocean yet unfortunately. When they arrived I was surprised how flexible they were, knew they would be more flexible than other brands but even the medium blades are SUPER soft and bendy. Was a bit worried about this, but after 4 pool sessions I must say that they are actually quite comfy. They did really well in dynamics and 20m depth, felt like I was flying through the water. Compared to the Mares Instinct Pro that I used to wear these guys are amazing, the Mares hurt my feet a bit as they are rather stiff but with the Leaderfins I hardly notice that I'm wearing them. Perhaps if you're super athletic and love to sprint they're not for you, but if you're a bit lighter they will definitely do the job. Sizing is a bit off, normally wear a US women's 8 but was recommended to get a 5-6 to go with 3mm booties, and they fit perfectly. So far so good, will post again once I've used them in the ocean (if I remember..).

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT