• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Leaderfins

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Hey, I have Leaderfins Waves Carbon Camu with Leaderfins f-pockets in medium since 2011. I got used to the bending inside the foot pocket but was wondering if maybe swimming would be more efficient with harder foot pockets. Has anyone tried the same blades with Leaderfins/Pathos/Stingray foot pocket? Anyone done any extensive testing?

And if I would buy again I would buy even softer blades. Swimming long distances is quite painful for the legs.

I am doing a lot of pool training this winter and when guys try my fins they say it's really bothering for them with the bending in the foot pocket. You can feel the blade on the soles of your feet. I got used to it so it doesn't really bother me, but still left me wondering if they would be more efficient with harder foot pockets.

They work really well with pathos foot pockets - the leader pockets are a little harder now than a couple of years ago, but pathos work better in my opinion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just bought a set of Spierre pure carbon blades which are awesome and a set of pathos fireblade foot pockets which i can vouch for, they are amazing, extremely light, flexible thus allowing the carbon to bend and work and they are very comfy

Hey, I have Leaderfins Waves Carbon Camu with Leaderfins f-pockets in medium since 2011. I got used to the bending inside the foot pocket but was wondering if maybe swimming would be more efficient with harder foot pockets. Has anyone tried the same blades with Leaderfins/Pathos/Stingray foot pocket? Anyone done any extensive testing?

And if I would buy again I would buy even softer blades. Swimming long distances is quite painful for the legs.

I am doing a lot of pool training this winter and when guys try my fins they say it's really bothering for them with the bending in the foot pocket. You can feel the blade on the soles of your feet. I got used to it so it doesn't really bother me, but still left me wondering if they would be more efficient with harder foot pockets.

Right. Using hard carbon fins with some '50s design rubber foot pocket cannot really work on the long run. I use race bike shoes instead, I simply bolted them on the fins. There is maybe a drag issue left... Need to watch out for the right angle, and use inox hardware. They work for me 3 years without complaint. My usual swim is 3 to 6kms, no races. Leaderfins Wave Carbon Medium with Shimano shoes.
es1qrqbxf

g82zyxvgb

Right. Using hard carbon fins with some '50s design rubber foot pocket cannot really work on the long run. I use race bike shoes instead, I simply bolted them on the fins. There is maybe a drag issue left... Need to watch out for the right angle, and use inox hardware. They work for me 3 years without complaint. My usual swim is 3 to 6kms, no races. Leaderfins Wave Carbon Medium with Shimano shoes.
es1qrqbxf

g82zyxvgb
Sry I was wrong about the fins, they are "hard" not medium. I have one pair "medium" LF glass, bends like paper...

with the pathos in leaders you cant feel the blades on the sole of the foot... As for testing, it was purely a personal opinion which was backed up by a few others who also tested with me at the time

I ordered Pathos Fireblade footpockets for my blades. I get them on tuesday but I won't be able to test them anytime soon :(

But I have screwed the fins to the original footpockets. Will I be able to use them with Pathos Fireblades now?

Check out how awesome my new Spierre pure carbon blades are!

Great pool and nice vis! I particularly like the shot of you swimming diagonally across the pool into the deepend and then seeing you come back in the reflection on the surface.

That could be quite a long swim... dive safe... I'm sure your safety was JUST out of camera range each time... ;)

Reactions: Milan
Ok, so now I have the pathos fireblade pockets at home and am trying to fit my leadefins waves carbon into them.

The problem are the rubber guides. Should I just cut them of with a knife? I guess that I would have to glue the blades into the shoes then? What to do with the holes in the blades? Just leave them? What glue to use?

Great pool and nice vis! I particularly like the shot of you swimming diagonally across the pool into the deepend and then seeing you come back in the reflection on the surface.

That could be quite a long swim... dive safe... I'm sure your safety was JUST out of camera range each time... ;)

Thanks mate, that reflection was not planned but i love the way it came out as well hehe, finning is still not perfect, it takes some time to get used to 85cm long blades. The diagonal length is abt 50m id say, when i first started i could barely do 25m hehe, training pays off

Hi xristos,
I would not recommend anything from Leaderfins in terms of carbon. They don't make ANY 100% carbon fin. They make something we call a carbon sandwich. It's one sheet of carbon on the top, a sheet of fiberglass in the middle, and a sheet of carbon on the bottom. However, if you want a good fiberglass fin, check out Edge fins. I've tried them myself, and I can definitely say that they are just as good as carbon, and they're a lot more durable. However, if your mind is set on getting a cheap carbon fin, these blades are 100% carbon, I own a pair, and they're fantastic for the price http://www.nautilusspearfishing.com...rbon-blades-spearfishing-freedive-fins-combo/

Jake

Thanks a lot for the information Jake. In leaderfins site it tells 100% carbon with molds at a model i think! But whatever the case is since scorp tells they are better than c4 which is among best carbon fins as well as other people he dived with and also all posts here are positive then who cares if its made from carbon or marmelade :D

Reactions: DiveHacker
AFAIK the only pure carbon fins are Salvimar Boomblast Dynamic & Carbonio GFT. Others are not 100% carbon. Dont mark my words though.

I think lawstraljan is right, actually. I remember hearing that somewhere else. I personally like fiberglass better. I tried a buddies Edge fins and they were sweet.

Not true! We have pure carbon fins! But you are right in a way thou... 95% of fins marked as carbon are far from 100%

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Apneaddict
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT