• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Mad Cup 2010

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Daić

Nov 28, 2006
H2O team Maribor is organizing 6th MAD CUP. The competition will be in first weekend of March. Collecting all the experience and knowledge from all previous MAD CUP’s and organizing the biggest pool event in 2007, the AIDA World Championship we hope to make one more competition that will stay in nice memory for all divers. For now the official internet page is just in Slovenian language but in few days it will bi also in English. For those who understand some Slovene: domov | tekma v prostem potapljanju Maribor Apnea Days MAD CUP 2008 others need to wait until the end of the week. If you want to be part of our nice competition go to online registration. If you have any questions you can contact me on jure@h2oteam.com .

Regards!
Jure

Another competition which starts on Friday afternoon and ends on Saturday.

Today we published English version of official internet page of competition: home |

Regards!
Jure

Will Goran Colak compete in DYN in Maribor, or does he still avoid DYN at AIDA competitions, so that he can compete under CMAS? Well, seing he did only DNF at the recent Serbian championship, I guess he indeed plans doing DYN only with CMAS (avoiding so there the ridiculous disqualification for competing in non-CMAS events). That would be pity, because he'd be a very hot candidate for the new WR at MAD.

He is competing in all disciplines. In Serbia he had to choose DYN or DNF. Some Croats are steel avoiding DYN because of CMAS but Lidija, Goran and some others don’t care about it. If CMAS looses them it looses to much,….

Jure

Well, CMAS apparently does not care about losing the top champions - last year it was Fred Sessa (CMAS WR holder at that time) who abandoned the camp, year before that, Mathiew Fabry (another 200m guy) was told he was disqualified on the departure on the airport to the WC, and another excellent French competitor was disqualified for that reason at the previous WC too. The most sad was the case of Fabry, who was so disgusted by the intrigues (he knew about the rule, but diverse CMAS/FFESSM officials persuaded him that he'd be admitted), that he practically disappeared from the top scene.

So it's nice to hear Goran doesn't bother anymore about CMAS. They don't deserve it.

Oh.. well let me try to explane for the millionth time, the situation about AIDA and CMAS here in Croatia. And just to clarify the problem is in international CMAS federation, not national associations.

So the problem is not my universal love for CMAS, the problem is that divers in Croatia can get categorizations and money from government for CMAS results, and can get awards for gold medals on world's and European championship. And that is not small amount for a freediver. Let's say one can get more then 10 000€ per year if he is a world champion... So who can say it is smart to turn down money that can help you in you're development as a freediver, and after all in life in general?

I really want to compete for AIDA, and I'm trying to get some reason in the heads of CMAS leadership, but it is.. like you probably assume, not a easy task :) I don't know what will happen in Maribor with my DYN dive, but you will not be left short for a WR attempt, and my bet is that you will see one, and you will be surprised ;)

Yes, I know very well the situation. It is identical here in France - there is no problem competing in both AIDA and CMAS (FFESSM) competitions as long as you do not head to a CMAS international championship. FFESSM even filed a legal suit against CMAS because of the past disqualifications. And in France too, the FFESSM (CMAS) federation has much more money than AIDA.

And in fact the FFESSM even abused Mathieu Fabry for their purpose - they have let him do some AIDA competitions and persuaded that they will fight with CMAS to let him pass to the championship anyway. They knew his performance was important enough so that it would be a good argument for CMAS to abandon the stupid DQ rule. However, in that last moment (on the airport) they chickened out.

I am telling it exactly for the reason you mention too - there is money involved with competing under CMAS. So, if you dare about it (and who would not!), don't let you make the same nasty thing as they did to Fabry. If someone promissed you, they let you go on with CMAS despite your participation on an AIDA competition, ask them to confirm it officially in a written form, or ask the international CMAS whether they really abolished the rule (as far as I know, it is not the case). You might be pretty disappointed and disgusted, exactly as Fabry was, when he found out the truth that he was just a disposable tool for an internal fight between CMAS officials, and thrown away when no more needed.

Thanks trux and Dave, yes I am careful with CMAS don't worry, I learned my lesion couple of times all ready. I have some good news about rules changing in CMAS, and I have heard that banning rule is scheduled for voting so, I hope there will be someone who will see the bigger picture and that they will do the right thing...

Ps. About that surprising Maribor WR attempt I have talked above, of course, it is from someone else not from me :)

I think after next weekend the world of freediving will have something new to talk about. Lets wait and see,…

Well I can't say... don't want to jinx anyone... just wait for 8 days and you will know... But you guess one thing right, she is a female and she is from Croatia ;)

Last edited:
Oh cool! I'm excited now - we need some pleasant surprises in the ladies pool events.

Maribor - I love that town! I still have some pumpkin seed oil from there that I pull out on special occasions, though it's been 3 years now, hope if doesn't go off :D

Cheers,
Ben

Already big pressure on Lidija cause I think everyone nows she is capale of doing WR performance :)

All results will be online almost real time. So if you are interested who will have the biggest smile :):):) at the end of the performance you just have to be online.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT