• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Mad Cup 2010

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Hi everybody

Haven't been around for a while but I'm still here :) and today I'm helping out at MadCup again.

Just to let you know that you can follow the results live as they come in from the judges at Freediving apnea competition Maribor Apnea Days MAD CUP 2010 | live results

Everybody is preparing for start and the atmosphere is relaxed. We are expecting some good results today and a huge surprise. Just stay tuned :)...

Reactions: trux
Looks great! If only everyone was doing it in this way! Thanks!

We have one protest from Veljano Zanki and it should be granted so the results will change in a few moments.

Mad points are points from discipline divided by points from discipline WR times 1000. The points from all disciplines are added together and team build 3 competitors. If there is no woman in the team there is a penalty of 10% from all points.

And its over. All results are up, I think we managed to post the results in record time this year :). Too bad the croatians didn't start in DYN because of CMAS else we would probably see some really impresive results. All in all a good competition I would say and I hope the athletes liked it. I know they liked the food and drinks :)). Hope to see you all next year again.

Reactions: foxfish
Congrats to all, and sorry for the failed WR attempt of Dajana. Likely too much pressure and stress. I guess she did more in training, but am sure she will have the opportunity to show us more soon!

SanSan, could you send the results also in spreadsheet format to aidaranking AT gmail.com and ivo AT apnea.cz as soon as possible, so that they can be included in the world ranking too? Your application for online reporting is indeed amazing, just a pity it can't send the sanctioned results to AIDA as quick too ;) You could perhaps also team up with Eric van Riet Paap who works on the new registration system for AIDA - maybe your experience from organizing many competitions including the WC could be useful, and could help making the system better.

Thanks,
Ivo

Hello again :)

Well no WR this time, I am shocked hehe.. No really she did much more on training, but a little inside info about all... Way to much pressure, some medical issues, hot pool and a bad day... For hear second freediving competition at all. She wanted to dive out after 100m, because of bad feeling, and when the video will be online you will clearly see that moment underwater.. but she continue and gave a shot.. A big CONGRATS for that...

Well, since no results were sent, I used the ones on the website, although it makes the job more complicated. So now they are online in the ranking. If you find any errors, please let me know.

http://apnea.cz/ranking.html?eid:838

So far I found one conflict in the MAD Cup results at the STA of Andrea Zetochová - the table shows 1 min performance with 3 min announcement, and 12 points (corresponding to 1 minute), but in the same time there is DNS in the notes. So either she was DNS (or perhaps DQ instead), but in such case she should not have 12 points, or she was neither DNS nor DQ, but in that case the 12points cannot be correct either - she should have a yellow card with a penalty for AP>RP. Please let me know how it really was, so that I can correct it accordingly.

BO or no BO, 161m is a great swim. Very tough having so much expected of you in just your second comp!

We saw some really good performances, specially from Croats. Goran’s DNF 175m and STA 8:15 are for certain most impressing ones. I am sorry for stupid CMAS. In next competitions we will hear a lot from Dajana. It was too many things going around her. To much photographs, people staring at her before her start,… But she swims like arrow with perfect swimming technique. 161m DNF in just 2min 33s and 3 strokes per 25m. The videos will bee uploaded soon. For now you can watch the photo gallery. http://en.mad10.h2oteam.com/photo-video/mad10-ceremony/

The results from Andrea Zetochová will be corrected.

Hello again :)

Well no WR this time, I am shocked hehe.. No really she did much more on training, but a little inside info about all... Way to much pressure, some medical issues, hot pool and a bad day... For hear second freediving competition at all. She wanted to dive out after 100m, because of bad feeling, and when the video will be online you will clearly see that moment underwater.. but she continue and gave a shot.. A big CONGRATS for that...
Truly impressive performance, and even more after what you wrote Goran... the next Molchanova?
Can you tell more for those of us who do not know her? Age? Background? Other personal bests?

Truly impressive performance, and even more after what you wrote Goran... the next Molchanova?
Can you tell more for those of us who do not know her? Age? Background? Other personal bests?

The next Molchanova, well she need to train static a little bit more hehe, but you will certainly see some crazy DYN and DNF dives from her this year. I will not talk about numbers do...

She is 25 years old, an ex professional swimmer, she won a medal in Mediteranian games, a top 10 in Euro championship, both in breaststroke. Unfortunate turn of events stopped her from appearance in Olympic games in China 2 years ago. She was already qualified but sickness stopped her from going there and compete.

Dajana trains FreeDiving seriously just for couple of months now, and you ain't see nothing yet :martial:)

I just have to catch her one of these day to work on my DNF technique heheh.. when the videos from Maribor will be online you'll see what I meant :)

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT