• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Mares Viper mask anyone?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
I can't find much info about this mask.
How does it perform in freediving/spearfishing?

Link to the mask: http://pureinstinct.mares.com/products/masks-and-snorkels/masks/viper/7345/?region=eu

Video of some guy using it:

Well, I was curious to see what Mares has to offer, so I visited their website, where they write "The SKIRT has been modeled with meticulous attention to facial ergonomics, making it suitable for all types of physiognomy. The surface in contact with the face has been carefully fashioned to offer superior comfort and to stay in position better than masks using the traditional extra inner lip." So, I'm scratching my head to try to understand why they discarded the "extra inner lip" feature found on virtually every other mask in production. If it conforms to the face well, seals well, has good field of vision and is exceptionally low volume, I say great...it is a good looking mask, but the price ranges I've seen...well, they are not so good.

Im worried about field of vision and how much exactly is it low volume.
As for the price range, its about 60$ which is not that bad at all.

I checked out the Viper mask at DEMA and liked it a lot. It fit me perfectly and seemed to go a bit further up my forehead with the skirt which I thought might help to avoid the forehead frown sunburn line I sometimes get when my hood creeps back exposing skin. It looks to be very low volume from what I can tell just by looking at it. I tried to buy it on the spot at the end of the show, but Mares wouldn't sell off anything at DEMA. Plan B: I'm going to order one soon. Already tried once, but they didn't have them yet (website listing was premature).

Thanks for the link/review (my wife translated it :) ). That is a total bummer as I was waiting for it to come out (June 20th I read somewhere).

I was going to get it for a diving trip I'm taking, but they missed that sale. It may be another year or so till the next big trip where I get excited about buying new gear again. By then I'll have time to see if they fixed the problems. If I get to DEMA this year (November), I'll check it out again and see if it looks like there could be any issues for tearing as shown with the mask in the article.

I have tried this mask. It is awesome ergonomic. It fits me better than my sphera n omer zero. The best thing is the inner lip under the nose is wider than omer zero which sometimes leaks when pinching nose. But the cons, I cant find it anywhere in southeast asia?! My friend bought it from spain...

I want to buy one even defective separated frame from the skirt is OK as I can repair it.

Hi! How can I combine silicone and plastic without the pressure and temperature, please tell me. Maybe you're using a silicone glue?

The officially started selling it this week from what I read.

They probably fixed some issues.

Hi! How can I combine silicone and plastic without the pressure and temperature, please tell me. Maybe you're using a silicone glue?
I wonder if neoprene glue would work?

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Cyanoacrylate is not really waterproof there is some brand that makes a very viscous glue that can glue silicone to glass or plastic that will work very well with this. First you apply a activator cleaner then the glue.

I still can not find any store that has them in store or know when they will get them from Mares.

Mares has been shipping in black for about a month. To verify I went up the street from the DEMA convention to the Orlando Divers Direct store and they had it in stock there. I don't know if there is a delay for Sweden...

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT