• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Martin, Mandy, and Dr. George Lopez in the Caymans

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
First, congratulations to Mandy, Martin and Doc and thanks to Tom, Eric and Paul for getting us the news. Kirk, the 20 hour days will eventually be over and you will get to enjoy the event too. Promise.
Second, we need a bio on the new Performance team member. I'm sure that many of us on the 'sunny side' of thirty or forty would like more info on the newest US record holder. The more people involved, the better for the sport.
Last, I'm trying to raise enough money to buy a leash for Mandy because she's tromping on too many male egos.
Looking forward to the next news release.
Bill

Hello everyone. Mandy-Rae here (not Kirk).

I just wanted to thank everyone for the great emails. The diving has been going really well here and we are all hoping for it to continue on for the next few days. We have two open water attempt days left (Thurs and Sat). Keep your eyes on the Performance freediving site for updates and video clips of the records.

Hi Bill. I may consider a leash but only if it's a studded one :)

Cheers,
Mandy-Rae

DEEPEST BEAR

Can anyone tell me if Deepest Bear made it to Cayman?

If not he is lost in a mail room somewhere.... or he has done a runner....

a slightly worried PA

Spotted!

Sam,

Deepest Bear has been keeping a low profile and avoiding onsite press - however I tasked Paul with getting a shot of him and this is the fruits of our labor!!

Attachments

• dscn1291.jpg
    dscn1291.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 432
Reactions: donmoore
Folks - remember that DB (DeeperBlue.net not Deepest Bear :D) has our own FreeDiving Editor, Paul Kotik, on location with the PFD team.

Read his coverage, the check out the pics and then make sure you head over to the PFD site to read Martin and Mandy's own words on everything!

Congrats to Martin, Mandy and Doc!! Looking forward to more to come!

great !

Congrats to Mandy, Martin and Doc !!!

Martin, keep up the good work, you inspire us with your strength an determination.

I am sure you will earn all the respect you deserve.
After all, you are the deepest in the world.

:cool:

Video From Martin's FreeImmersion -102m

Where can you find it? Hou hou is trully rare :) OK look at Martin's web pages http://www.martinstepanek.com at gallery & fun... Enjoy! and one tip.... On the plate set the loudness of your speakers to maximum, please, for hearing the bottom safety diver singing "Zipty Do Dah" and cheering Martin on his helium pitched voice :)

Last edited:
congratulations! sounds like a lot of fun and a lot of hard work going on out there - well done everyone

and thanks for letting me know that deepest bear is safe and enjoying the sunshine! I felt cruel despatching him "mailbox" class to Cayman and was scared he'd never make it!

Sam

Congratulations Martin on a new Free Immersion world record! Also praise to Stephan Whelan for sending Paul Kotick there and Paul himself. His articles tell the story and drama incredible well. He is a gifted writer.

Hope Mandy’s tonsil infection heals quickly and good wishes to all the PFD team!
don
:friday

Last edited:
Reactions: Stephan Whelan
Deepest Bear

Sam,

Is deepest bear going to be attempting any records or is he just acting as safety diver for the PFD crew ?

Smellsfishy / Meir

Reactions: thud and donmoore
Congratulations Martin on a new Free Immersion world record! Also praise to Stephan Whelch for sending Paul Kotick there and Paul himself. His articles tell the story and drama incredible well. He is a gifted writer.

Hope Mandy’s tonsil infection heals quickly and good wishes to all the PFD team!
don

Geee - Paul it seems we have some competition for coverage....aparently this guy called Stephan Welch has sent his FreeDiving Editor Paul Kotick to cover the event as well...

...make sure if meet this rogue elements to ensure that you terminate at all costs :D

(Just kidding folks - and Don, I know you mean us!!)

Last edited:
Deepest Bear has only just come out of hibernation so he is keeping his own record attempt under his hat for a while... but as the year has a four in it, rumour has it he may attempt a four hour static while he is out in Cyprus.

He would also like to beat his 122m No Limits this year if anyone invites him along

As for Cayman - he is there as a kind of Mr Motivator figure and a barroom buddy afterwards - anyway what do I know? I'm back in the UK

Mr Kotik - I hope you are keeping my furry friend under control and making sure he has a hot bath every evening - he gets stinky if you take him diving every day and don't wash him off!

Sam

Stephan,
What are you talking about?:D
Awe, the power of edit button! rofl rofl rofl
don

Last edited:
Reactions: bobbybuttr
isn't Martin having his second go at 100CW today. anyone got any news?? :)

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT