• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

May long weekend 2008

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
And Sherri at Cold Lake marina on the way home....

Attachments

• sask camping 082.JPG
    sask camping 082.JPG
    48 KB · Views: 237
The wild life was beautiful there! Saw a tiny baby bear while walking in the woods (Proceeded to have a race with erik, in half a foot of sand while wearing flip flops back to the van) Also saw a wolf, countless deer, a beaver that swam right past Erik in the water, loons floating above us, and a sweet little chipmunk :)

Beautiful sunset Erik. Nice job on a skittish fish in those low vis conditions.

Thanks Lee. I hunted there 2 times over the weekend- saw about 7 fish total as they spooked and ran. The fish I got on the first day was a blind shot like messey's! I was lucky to get him and very thankful.
My bro-in law Paul saw a few fish and took 1 shot with the Rabitech but missed. We both bought annual licences so will be headed back Sask way for sure.

Attachments

• sask camping 072.JPG
    sask camping 072.JPG
    34.9 KB · Views: 239
Last edited:
Erik, I was reminded by your post that your fillet knife is still in my foyer closet. If you are needing it, then we could arrange to meet or I could drop it in the mail.

Awesome splake...Never had one before, what do they taste like? Are they as "meaty" as their Brook trout ancestor? If so, that is a hell of a feast off that one...

Very meaty and delicious... thick filets maybe 3cm thick!

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT