• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Music to dive with

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
When I'm at work, I frequently do statics to my internet radio station. I hold my breath for one song. I prep for the hold before the tune comes on, so I have no idea what I'm in for. Yesterday, I got my a$$ kicked by GNR "November Rain" :D.

If you want to relax... Make a tape of the painter Bob Ross talking. If you know who bob ross is, then you know what I mean.

"lets just put a happy little cloud right here. Maybe he's got some friends in the background..."

Music you might consider:

Shakuachi (Japanese flute)
Gregorian Chants
Moby is a great idea!
books on tape
Nature sounds
Beethoven and thunderstorms

Great stuff.

Jon,

Mandy was just listening to a radio station (country). The commercials apparently really annoyed her. Maybe she was lucky and got two songs in a row for her record.

Try any music with a slower beat that matches your hearbeat or what you want it to be.

The only time I ever used music to train to was when I first started.

Tragically Hip, New Orleans Is Sinking 7min version(KillerWhaleTank monologue) go find it on an mp3 site and have a laugh.

And in Ibiza, they had an uw sound system which blasted the Big Blue soundtrack during static practice whether we liked it or not, and then clashed with the CLub Med aqua aerobics dance music on the surface. Quite the cacaphony! :duh

Pete
Vancouver, BC

Reactions: Jon
COUNTRY MUSIC??!!

No offense, but contractions sound a lot less painful to me than country music.;) :D

Jon

Im gonna have my friend to mix a tape of Bob Ross's voice over various kinds of instrumental music and see what I get.
:hmm

Adam

Originally posted by Jason Billows
Bob Ross amazes me. He has this hypnotic power that just draws you in. It's scary.

Jason
Ottawa, Canada

I dare anyone to debate the fact that listening to Bob Ross will slow your heart rate by 40%.

Hawkeye, you're crazy!:duh

You are going to lull yourself into a coma worse than what Xanex and Nyquil can do.

Bob Ross?

Did I miss something?

Gord Downie is the lead singer for the Hip.

Pete
Vancouver, BC

You know, Bob Ross, Mr. Calm.

"im gonna put a little tree right here." *brush, brush, brush, brush* and maybe he's got a little friend that lives right over here..."

No matter how hard I try not to, I always sing "I feel good" in the back of my head...that is until it doesnt feel so good anymore:cool:

Dragging out this topic again because I find it really interesting. There is a lot of undiscovered potential here, or maybe it was discovered by Mandy.LOL
In any case, I am also inspired by music and would love LOVE it if I could bring my own CDs to pipe into an underwater sound system at the pool where I dive.
But I can't... <sigh!>

If I could, there would definitly be some Dead Can Dance(The Host of Seraphim), Moby(God Moving Over the Face of the Water), Cocteau Twins(Song to the Siren), Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon soundtrack, Mandalay, Chicane (No Ordinary Morning), Cafe Del Mar--or break beats/downtempo- really grovy atmospheric type stuff, teh list goes on... I like to feel like I'm in my own world!

How's this.. using using binaural beats to lower the heart rate?
Any thoughts, or should I post this as a seperate thread?

Some resources:
http://www.healingsounds.com/articles/sonic-entrainment.asp

iceselkie:
Cocteau Twins(Song to the Siren),
It's a beautifull song. Is there a real Cocteau Twins version of it? or maybe you where confusing it with the 'This mortal coil' version? (Elizabeth Fraser is the lead singer of both).
By the way, the song was written by Tim Buckley, the late father of the late Jeff Buckley.

Micheal, you know your liz fraser! Yes, Song to the Siren is on the "This Mortal Coil" CD. I guess I put "Cocteau Twins" because, although the song isn't from the main body of the Cocteau Twins' work, I felt it needed mentioned (the group's name) because all of their music is wonderfully unique and haunting. Especially the "Victorialand" album. Very atmospheric!
And I didn't know that about the author of the song- cool :)

I use the music of one of the greatest greek keyboard player of all times, his name is Vangelis, his got a sea inspired album called " OCEANIC" ...... YOU BETTER FIND IT..... IT'S AWESOME. I got almost a dozen of cd's from his huge discography.

Giovanni Profeta.

I use the music of one of the greatest greek keyboard player of all times, his name is Vangelis, his got a sea inspired album called " OCEANIC" ...... YOU BETTER FIND IT..... IT'S AWESOME. I got almost a dozen of cd's from his huge discography.

Giovanni Profeta.

music while diving

i like the idea of using an underwater mp3 player that i have been reading about. that could be very relaxing.

Recently I have met a Chinese musician (Shi Lan) in the local craft markets. She composes delicious Chinese New Age music inspired by the natural environment (Chinese mountains), traditional Chinese music, Tai Chi Chuan, etc. Gee this sort of music gives me chicken skin and elevates my spirit to another dimension. She plays the violin and uses wind-chimes, bamboo tubes and other instruments.

If interested in Chinese New Age there are also other good composers, just have a look on Google for the topic of Feng-Shui, Tai Chi Chuan, Taoist simplicity, etc.

Regards, gerard.

Evanescence - hold my last breath :cool:
Green Day or Offspring
Santana

Anything that gets me up for diving...

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT