• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

My "ApnoeTrainer" (Apnea Software)

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Ricochet

Jul 23, 2004
Hiho all,
I just want to share the software with you, that I use for dry statics. I don't want to disturb JasonWelbourne's thread so I created a new one.

I've written it to train my programing skills and to make something useful :)
Its more flexible than other programs of it's kind that I've tested, so it might be useful for you as well.

Well, have fun with it and feel free to post critism/suggestions.

Sascha

Attachments

• apnoetrainer.zip
    295.8 KB · Views: 3,020
Reactions: matrixed82
Hmm, I get some error message saying:
'component 'Comdlg32.ocx' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid'

and it doesn't work.
Do I need some microsoft runtime dll's for that program? or is my computer about to die?

Hi,
you don't need any extra dll's or ocx's.

Comdlg32.ocx is a standard library. The error usualy occures if this library isn't properly registered in the windows registry.
And no, your computer isn't about to die. :)

If you want to fix the problem, you can download the comdlg32.ocx from mircosoft here

extract the comdlg32.ocx from the archive and copy it into the System32 folder in your windows folder.

the Path is either c:\windows\system32 or c:\winnt\system32

Then press "Start" -> "Run" and enter the following command:
regsvr32 c:\windows\system32\comdlg32.ocx
respectively regsvr32 c:\winnt\system32\comdlg32.ocx

If everything is in order, you should get the messege:
"DllRegisterServer in comdlg32.ocx succeeded"

Anyone else with the same problem?

Here is an other version of the Trainer program.
extract the ApnoeTrainerMini.exe into the ApnoeTrainer folder and run it instead of the ApnoeTrainer.exe.
This version will not bring the error msg but you can't save/load sessions with this version. At least you can have a look at it :)

Attachments

• apnoetrainer mini.zip
    10.2 KB · Views: 1,094
Reactions: DeepThought
Does it work after you've fixed the comdlg32.ocx-thingy or do you mean the 'Mini' version?

Reactions: pyro
Palm-Version

Ricochet: As discussed in other threads, there is interest for a palm-version of a apnea-trainer. Dont you want to compile such a version? :confused:

I'd love to be a beta-tester...

Regards, Carsten

Re: Palm-Version

Originally posted by tanteh
Ricochet: As discussed in other threads, there is interest for a palm-version of a apnea-trainer. Dont you want to compile such a version? :confused:

I'd love to be a beta-tester...

Regards, Carsten

I haven't a clue about Palm.

What OS is it running with?

Nice, but I have a few suggestions.

1. An option for Initial breathhold time. You have something to increase the breathhold time, but nowhere to imput the starting time.

2. WHenever I set the program to 0 decrease in rest time, and 20 increase in hold time, it shows "0-1:0-" in the timing window...

Originally posted by Parapsycho
Nice, but I have a few suggestions.

1. An option for Initial breathhold time. You have something to increase the breathhold time, but nowhere to imput the starting time.

Yep, a friend made the same suggestion.
In a later version I might let the user choose.
1. Set initial time and time difference
2. Set target time and time difference
3. Set Initial time AND target time and let the computer calculate the time difference for each loop

Originally posted by Parapsycho

2. Whenever I set the program to 0 decrease in rest time, and 20 increase in hold time, it shows "0-1:0-" in the timing window...

<edit>:
this happens if the breathhold time is too short and the increase time too long.

E.g.: 8 loops, 120sec max breath hold, 20sec increase
reason: 120 seconds - (8-1loops)*20 sec = - 90 sec

I thought I already implemented a warning messege for that case... seems I did not ;)

Last edited:
I think if you put the initial breathhold time in, it might solve both problems. Then, you wouldnt have to have the computer calculate it, and get impossible numbers.

Oh, and for handhelds: Palm systems run PalmOS, while Pocket PCs run WindowsCE (i think. at least he ones I have) Im sure it wouldnt be hard to find a program to convert '.exe' files to be ablle to function on those systems. That would be really cool to be able to bring apnea tables with me to work or to the park, and maybe to the dive site. I would even be willing to break out the old Pocket PC to do that! :D

Edit:
I did come up with a session that should work well for me.

Intro= 120
Max Breathhold= 150
Increase hold time by= 20
Initial rest time=30
Decrease rest time= -20
Loops= 8
I scaled the rest time to increase as hold time increases. I didnt think that 120 seconds was really neccesary after a 10 second hold. ;) Should have a last rest of 170 seconds or so. Total run time is 23:10. Not bad!

Last edited:
I had the idea of a MP3 output, so you can save the session as a MP3 file for your mp3 player. You could even create a compilation of different exercises to create training-CDs (MP3s). This whould be platform independent and could be used for handhelds such as PALM, MP3 players, Discmans, tape ... just anythin!

I've checked it - really simple, versatile and ... (for me) the best of all presented on this forum. Big thanks, Ricochet

Ricochet,
Thank you for taking time to write the program.
It simply works !

thanks again

Yes, actually it was your proggy (beside those html-progs) that inspired me to make an own.
I give you some karma :p

Btw, nice homepage/apnea-manual!

Last edited:
Reactions: roy_nexus_6
Can't activate free table in Stefans' software. Stefan, give me a hand please.
Mike

BTW, I think it's time to create some kind of poll on the subject. Does anybody know how to do that. Moderators, please help.
Mike

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT