• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Need help. Building a gun.

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
I do have lots of pictures mate but, here is a short vid that probably answers a few questions, funny thing is when I posted this on a didge group on face book I got negative a response for giving away to much technique LOL I don't hold secrets!
Re the circular breathing - I think it helps my life in general as it is such a satisfying sensitisation!

Reactions: sharkey and Jegwan
I want to like the above post twice! Please update the forum functions...
I'm sorry for the artist thing master Foxfish - I now understand that Joda is for real :jawdrop:
You made my day. Thank you.
Jégwan

Reactions: foxfish
My best experience of listening to the didge was watching an Irish band. It was when Dire Straits were touring Oz & I got tickets to see them at the Sydney Entertainment Centre. The opening act was The Hot House Flowers. These folks did a duel between a flute & a didge & then they just blended both in together. Who would have thought that would work so well. It was awesome! Poor old Dire Straights couldn't hold a candle to them, & it was just painful to watch as they were totally smashed on something . I left after a few songs from them, but the price of the tickets was well worth it to see what the Hot House Flowers could make the didge do.

Cheers Sharkey

Damn you foxfish, you stole my spotlight :p jk, awesome stuff mate.

Jegwan, have you planned anything for the invert roller build yet?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Reactions: foxfish
No, not really - but the ideas are coming:

- I will make a short one - stock length around one meter. Simple. Slim techno-look...?
- One fat rubber or strong rubber.
- partly covered rubber, lines and lineblocks in barrel
- CF and PUR foam.
- Trigger with bottom line release

Jégwan

Reactions: lawstraljan16
Hey guys. What do you guys recommend me doing for the handle? As the gun is laminated in 5 coats of polyurethane varnish the handle feels a bit slippery so it makes it kinda hard to manoeuvre the gun around side to side. How could I add some grip to the gun without ruining the wood look? (Most of it at least, if possible)

You can give a part of your handle epoxy with a brush and sprinkle it with a layer of dried fine sand (such as that used for sandblasting).

A piece of grip tape (for boat decks) or rubber skin (like used on car panels) can also be used.

Jégwan

Last edited:
Actually I thought of the sandblasting sand as I usrd to work with a sanddblaster. Thanks :)

You could cover the handle with tape & then grip it with a painted hand to leave a print, then cut away the print marks with a scalpel, make up some epoxy sand mix (maybe black) & paint it on the exposed wood.

Anyonr ever buy from contesub.it ? I think it was Jegwan that gave me this site. Ive sent them an email and they havent sent back

Anyonr ever buy from contesub.it ? I think it was Jegwan that gave me this site. Ive sent them an email and they havent sent back

Yes I have. No problems, but you might need to be a little patient...
Jégwan

OK great. They have some cool parts and pretty decent prices. Hope they reply soon.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT