• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Need help. Building a gun.

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Yeah. Ill try as much as I can to get it neutral with a shaft in. Any idea about how to fix the muzzle flip? Also, anything you can see wrong in the video?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

It might be that my gun just kicks like a muel but from the video I don't see much recoil at all. Is that a 16mm band? What % is it loaded to?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: lawstraljan16
I went to rebalance the gun today, and it's a lot better now. It sinks evenly really slowly (almost neutral) with a shaft and floats without a shaft. Much better than my last balancing test. I added some weight to the tip of the muzzle and removed quite a bit from the rear of the gun and 3/4 front of the gun.

I took a target with me, it was incredibly murky and could hardly see beyond 4m. Im hitting bullseye shots at 5m distance and I tried a 6m shot but couldnt see the target but still managed to hit it. Incredibly happy. Recoil feels as if I havent even shot the gun. I think im shooting at a good distance with a short gun (87cm) The muzzle does lift but it seems as though the shaft has already completely exited the gun. Ill upload some videos of the results by tomorrow but sorry for the bad visibility. Ill take some more vids on target practise in better visibility when I get the chance.

Also, the gun feels ultra light in the water. There is absolutely no effort to aim the gun, just sits there like a cloud. Loving it!

Im stoked! :)

Reactions: Jegwan and foxfish
To answer your questiin whitey. Im using 16mm Pathos SP bands. I cut them to 310% and I can have shots from 320 to 380% as the bands stand. I can also set the gun to a weak 250% if I need to shoot any type of scorpionfish, rockfish etc

A quick video of the rollergun I made. It's still being tested out and this isnt the final product. Some small changes still to be made, and a few more coats of polyurethane varnish to be done and a good polish. Loading butt still not attached either. Watch it in HD 720p

Reactions: foxfish and Jegwan
Wow. Looks really good. That's a beautiful, well balanced and efficient killer "Foxwan" you made :) Good Job!
Can I order one? :LOL:
Jégwan

Reactions: foxfish
Haha thanks. Im very happy so far. Next to get some fish with it!

Id be happy to make anyone a gun but surely you guys know much more than me hehe

Haha yeah right. Yhough I wanna get more ambitious. Will definately be making a double roller and an invert gun next!

An adjustable sliding mid handled, inverted, double roller, twin spear, carbon model perhaps?

Reactions: Jegwan
Erm... not that ambitious :p ill start with a mono inverted roller and a double rollergun first, then we will see.

Never been too interested in carbon guns tbh.

Haha yeah right. Yhough I wanna get more ambitious. Will definately be making a double roller and an invert gun next!

Let's go! Let's start a new trible thread about our invert roller builds. Foxfish are you in?
Jégwan

I never tried a carbon built - but I'm ready to give et a try..
Jégwan

It looks amazing Foxfish - now I'm even more tempted - was this stunning work your first try?
Jégwan

Wow. That's really inspiring, looks very difficult and the threads are full of great info. Thank you.
Now I'm getting performance anxiety. It's not just spearguns - it's art you're making... :jawdrop:

I have to start practising with the stapler :LOL:
I simply love it!

Jégwan

Reactions: foxfish
Ha Ha yeah not easy work & I doubt if I will ever go to that amount of trouble again but the finished gun was so beautiful to look at and as strong as Roquefort !
I do enjoy multi laminate guns though & I have an idea for a new build.....
Problem is I built over 30 didgeridoos last year & now I am going to start on a banjo so time is in short supply ...

"Will a didgeri doo?"
"Mmm mmummm mummm mummm mummm mummm, maybe it'll have too."
Sorry! "How much can a koala bear?"

Just an old aussie craik.

Wow! Love the spearguns, it's certainly encouraged me to look at your previous posts. Care to share some photo's of your didge's too? Do you think the cyclic breathing helps your diving?

Cheers Sharkey

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT