• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

New Elios Suits

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Originally posted by maltaspearo
have any of you experienced heavy wear at the crotch... has really put me off from ever geting another alios suit.

What thickness were the pants that wore out? I am certain Elios will replace these for you.

I have been using my Heiwa 5mm open-cell, smoothskin since the end of September or so, diving 2-3 times a week usually. Doing lots of life searching at the bottom, along walls, etc... I have gone for swims of a couple kilometers a couple times, and I do not see any wear on my suit yet. I have scraped on barnacles, metal wiring, rocks, etc... and nothing shows yet. Maybe a small abrasion at one location.

So it sounds like there was a defect in your material or maybe you did not have the same materials?

But your circumstance sounds very isolated. I would not end your experiences with Elios over that.

My opinion. ;)

they where 6 mm pants but not heiwa.they are smooth skin and low density neoprene but i dont think they are heiiwa. it seems that the crotch strap rubbing against the pants is what caused the damage to the pants. anyway i patched it up with akind of neoprene glue called black witch and it seems to be holding up good.but after what happened i am not fastenning my crotch strap anymore i just let it dangle behind my back.i am actually thinking of cutting it off entirely.i did thios last timwe i dived oand not even a drop of water got in under my suit.so this sould be ok.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT