• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

New Freediving Software for O2/CO2 tables / Yoga Breathing training.

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Jozef

Aug 14, 2006
Hi everyone,

I do a lot of programming and I would be willing to create a free software for the training of O2/CO2 tables and Yoga Breathing techniques or pretty much anything else you would wish for.

Just let me know, what you'd like it to be and what kind of functions should it have and I will create such program and dedicate as much time as needed to make it perfect.

I know there is such software around, which some of you have been using, but there is definitely a space for an improvement, as I could already see myself and also see responses in some topics of this forum, where people were asking for additional features...

All I need to start is help from you guys: Please sketch out some features for me and I will start to work on it ASAP.

Please mention everything you can come up with, or any/every possible feature you wish to include, so I can design the scheme of the software ahead of time.

Jozef

Reactions: Akoni
Great offer, Pepiku. :)
I personally don't use programs for training but it could be nice for other who do so.

Petr

Cau Petane,
You called me Pepiku? Hahaha... I guess you must be from Czech Republic.
That is where name Josef is also called "Pepik"... :)
I myself was born in Slovakia, your brother country and left in my early twenties (in 1997) to Canada where I work and live since....

Anyhow... such software could really be useful for many divers and I hope I can get little more feedback from this community on what would they expect from such program.

Jozef

I guess there could be some responses since this topic was discussed here quite few times.

You are right - I'm Czech. ;) I'm still in my home country but plan to go to Hawaii for a while in just a few days. Cannot wait for diving in crystal blue warm waters. I was in Croatia about month ago on FD course and I'm hooked. :)

I will send you a pm message, just so this topic stays dedicated to the software I mentioned. I have some questions to ask about FD courses back home...

Hmm ... I would prefer some example tables for the beginning ... and/or the possibility to store tables which I made. (maybe with the possibility to store short notices to certain tables/dates)

Maybe some kind of reminder? (e.g. two times a week alarm at 5pm ... custimzable)

Maybe some statistics? For example: Start Date ... how many tables I made since then, which days/time ... maybe graphical output

personal sound: background-music, maybe even the Voice outputs

Changing of the values in tables with a horzontal bar (I don't know the name of the thing ... like the one für the volume on a media player or someting else :hmm ... leo.dict.org says: throttle)

Klaus

Thanks for your input. That sounds good.
I will slowly start to work on it and hopefuly we'll get people enter some more ideas into this thread.

I am already working on the software, but there'll be no MAC support.
This application is written in Microsoft's .NET programming language, so only users with MS Windows and Microsoft Framework will be able to use it.
Sorry...

I'm glad your working on something like this Jozef, i've been looking around but haven't found software that I like. It'll be interesting to see how yours turns out. I agree with ragman about tracking your previous tables to see how your progressing. I think that would be important. Plus the program should actually count the times (breath up, breath hold, rest period etc.) for you like a stopwatch.

Thanks, it's work in the progress as of now. I am building in a text-to-speach recognition software, so program may even use voice to count seconds and so... It kind of works already, but seconds are going faster than program can manage to say it :) haha... I will get around it somehow...
Also I will make some kind of a history Tab, where you can see all your finished trainings...

Do you think it might be possible to have some type of input section so you can put in your other training (thinking pool training sessions (DYN and STA) so that you can get statistic output from that? It could possibly become a sort of training Dairy as well then.

Some suggestions...

-Like others mentioned, some sort of built in traning log. Maybe a comment section for each table.

-set up a custom table and be able to easily convert it to to an mp3 file. That way you can put it on an mp3 player and don't have to sit in front of the computer for 45 minutes.

-Customized voice countdown time signals. Lets say if I want the program to tell me I have 30 seconds left to my breath up, then 10 and 5 seconds.

If there are any interests - I could make a german Translation (I wanted to offer my help and this is the only thing I can do for I am not a programmer).

So far all you asked for would be possible to do. Keep your suggestions coming.
Kman, what should such log for pool training sessions (DYN and STA) look like. Please give me more details on that.
Joe

ragman said:
If there are any interests - I could make a german Translation (I wanted to offer my help and this is the only thing I can do for I am not a programmer).

We will definitely need some translations, I will ask you for that before the first or second release.

Regarding some training notes, it is possible of course. Although I have to say, now I am hooked on http://spreadsheets.google.com for this types of tasks. Advantage of keeping notes on Google servers is that you don't ever have to worry about backups. I doubt, Google will ever go down :) But you can still manage to backup yourself...
Check it out.

My software could have some kind of a build in access to Google Spreadsheets and upload data to your accounts or something like that... hm.. will have to think about it.

Last edited:
Regarding some training notes, it is possible of course. Although I have to say, now I am hooked on http://spreadsheets.google.com for this types of tasks. Advantage of keeping notes on Google servers is that you don't ever have to worry about backups, because I seriously doubt, that Google will ever go down :)
And if you're paranoid, you can still manage to create a backups yourself... This service is really good, they basically give you an online version of Microsoft Excel for free. You can keep all your trainings, times there. Do the sums, averages... and more... Check it out.

My software could have some kind of a build in access to Google Spreadsheets and upload data to your accounts or something like that... hm.. will have to think about it.

Btw. Here is an example of how my own http://spreadsheets.google.com training notes looks like.
Please don't mind the values :) I started to train apnea just 5 days back. So my record of 2:16 is really nothing special.

Attachments

• capture1.jpg
    capture1.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 286
Last edited:
Well, I have some training tables in work too. I started with it about a half a year ago, but did not have time lately to work on it, though I certainly hope to coplete it in a near future. It will be an online version (though the basic functionality will be maintained even in an offline cached version), compatible with practically any OS. I tried to combine advantages of the currently available applications, and added many other features - like the already requested logging, statistics, voice output, etc. However, there is certainly place for other programs too. Usually each programmer has a slightly different approach and each such application has then different advantages.

Trux, that is awesome. Please can you send me the link, so I can download at least your beta? I want to only test drive it and see what it looks like.
Also, I am using microsoft, so can I get the access to version you compiled for windows?
Thanks a lot.
Joe

Hi Joe,

As I already answered to your PM, I'll send you a link as soon as I have something that can be really used. As for now, I have basically done only the database groundwork and there is nothing interesting or even usable on the user interface yet. Currently I develop it locally, but I'll put an online version on my server later. There is no MS-compiled version available, since the application is written in Miva Script + MySQL/xBase (server side) and HTML + Java Script (client side) - that's also why it is platform/OS independent.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT