• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

New Freediving Software for O2/CO2 tables / Yoga Breathing training.

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Ah, ok. Thanks for explaining it. Also pleasure to see, that there is another of my country man on this forum. :)
I guess I will continue development of my app anyways. Just to see how it works. Main advantage of my software would be that person doesn't have to be online to work with it. Disadvantage is that it wouldn't be platform independent. But hey, we'll see :)

Jozef,

It sounds like you are going to create quite a nice program, I can't wait until you are finished. Perhaps you could work something in to your program that would allow multiple people to use the same tables in some type of "network". That way people around the world could "team up" and train with each other, and track their progress as compared to the other members of their "team".

Of course, I am totally naive to programming so forgive me if this is completely unrealistic.

Best,
livefree

It's kind of realistic, but such networking would require some server to which would everyone connect. That would cost something :)
Otherwise it would have to be running on similar engines like p2p programs and that I have no experience with.
But let me think about it. It could be something we would add later perhaps.

I use Static Trainer by Stefan Steyer (www.stefansfreedive.de.vu). Generally I like it, the only thing I miss in it is the already mentioned option off logging the completed tables and maybe automatically offering by the next start one step more difficult table and also automatically altering between O2 and CO2 tables. And also offering some standard tables + the possibility to do own set up.

Maybe also an option for the max. static attempts to set beep each 30 s or 1 min and than again log the max time?

I am also eagerly waiting for the results.

Diky! (seems like Czechs are dominating this forum :))

Hey Adax, you must be like a 4th or 5th Czech I met here :)
I used Stefan's software as well, but I have to say that current early alpha version of my own software has already little more features...
Anyhow, very good suggestions.
I will add it in.
Joe

Here are some screenshots, just so you can see the desing of the program, before the first beta release.

Attachments

• apnea-trainer1.JPG
    apnea-trainer1.JPG
    77.1 KB · Views: 295
  • apnea-trainer2.JPG
    apnea-trainer2.JPG
    76.5 KB · Views: 238
  • apnea-trainer3.JPG
    apnea-trainer3.JPG
    81.2 KB · Views: 234
Just one more imporvement against Stefan's Static Trainer 1.5 - it counts the time of each table in total and you have to check the table on the right to see how long it is till the end of each breath hold. I think it would be much better to countdown each breathold round and rest time separately. So if the brathold should take 2 min. it should count 2:00...1:59 etc.

it was already mentioned before: for me the most awesome feature would be the MP3 output: so by defining my own input files (e.g. Moments in Love -Art of Noise) the program would concatenate them and insert the appropriate voice messages based on the table defined ...using such a program I could easily beat Tom Sietas :)

I've been working on it only for hardly 4-5 hours straight, so give me some time, it will all get there eventually.
Regarding above suggestion of countdown, that is already there.
Here is the current screenshot:

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    83.4 KB · Views: 242
  • 11.JPG
    11.JPG
    71.8 KB · Views: 202
Jozef,
I'm just back from my holidays and saw your posting. Looks absolutly great! That's for what I'm waiting since a long time.

What about the log-function? Will it be possible to add comments to the training sessions like: Training-session was "Easy", "OK", "Hard" and other "free" comments like "After eating" or "after jogging"?

rbsub said:
...Will it be possible to add comments to the training sessions like: Training-session was "Easy", "OK", "Hard" and other "free" comments like "After eating" or "after jogging"?

That's an interesting idea. Yeah, I think that should be fairly simple to add. Currently each training gets logged into history, automatically.
Well, only those during which you didn't press pause, those I currently skip.

There will have to be an editing feature built it, so you can add some short comments later.

I'll try to do that.

intensemoneride said:
how do I get my hands on this free software? please advise.thanks
Dev

It's not being released. It's more in the Alpha than Beta version.
Give it some time.

Jozef said:
There will have to be an editing feature built it, so you can add some short comments later.
Yes, and it will be nice if it would be possible to add a log-entry by hand - for example if you do a training session without the program. (I'm waiting to the simple mp3-generation with background music too :))

Is there some guy and girl on this forum with at least fairly good english accent (mine sux)?
I need mp3 or wav records of different voice commands, like counting from 1 to 10 and such words as "hold", "start in", "seconds", "second", "minute"?
There may be couple of them.
It would be nice to have male and female version, so I can let you choose.
Also if someone knows, some free to use good background music, I could add it into the program.
Until I get someone who can do this sound records for me, it would have to stay as computer generated voice. That is how it is now. :)
I could use some mp3s from the Stephans program, but I really don't feel like stealing it from him. Plus I will need more of them, so I don't want to differ between them.

Would it be possible to add your own music as background music? Like putting all the songs you want into one folder somewhere in the apnea program directory and then it would automatically play these songs? And when it says "breathe", the music would stop and continue when you need to hold again.
I think you could use the same female audio clips most of the apnea programs are using (like the online table).

Hey guys,

sorry I haven't had a time this last week or so (just bought the house), I am just way too busy renovating :)

But I was able to finish atleast a preview beta release with Table A training finished.

There is no installation required. Should run on all windows platforms with framework installed. Do the Windows update if it doesn't run on your pc.
Anyhow, file Apnea Trainer 0.8.8.zip is attached to this message, just unzip and run: ApneaTrainer.exe

Please give it a test and let me know how you feel about it so far.

Joe

ps. I am working on Table B as we speak.

Attachments

• Apnea Trainer 0.8.8.zip
    116.6 KB · Views: 1,385
Reactions: SanderP
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT