• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

New Freediving Software for O2/CO2 tables / Yoga Breathing training.

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Thanks, I will release the first beta version (with Table B trainings) soon.
Probably this week.
Joe

Thanks a lot. It's pretty simple application. But I'd like to create some kind of an online database, for you guys to compare your results. That will happen in the future releases I hope.
Joe

Jozef,
thank you for the nice program. Until now it works very well for me. It is perfect that the program needn't an instal routine. Only click and start. I like that.

May I give you some suggestions?
It would be VERY nice if the values for the max breathhold and the values from the last training session would be stored.

And if you propose training values, the breathup time of 10 sek. seems to me a little be to short. (I normaly need 1-2 min.)

Cheers

rbsub said:
J...the breathup time of 10 sek. seems to me a little be to short. (I normaly need 1-2 min.)Cheers

Yeah, I know, but I was thinking about it and I realized, that I can take as long as I need to prepare and then click "start" 10 seconds when I am really ready.
So the start period as deafult is 10 secs, which worked the best for me.
Anyhow, you can change it to whatever you want, just take off the checkmark from suggested values and retype the value to something else.
Joe

Jozef said:
Yeah, I know, but I was thinking about it and I realized, that I can take as long as I need to prepare and then click "start" 10 seconds when I am really ready.
Ok, you are right!:) I didn't think about that point of view.:head

Hi everybody! A very good Software! But can anyone tell me how long is a good time for breathing ?! I read about 2 min breathing - but there must be a different, if someone have a PB 2 min or 5 min ?! Thanks for help
Excuse me for my bad englisch! I´m from Austria:)

rbsub said:
Ok, you are right!:) I didn't think about that point of view.:head

Yeah, either way, you still have an option to change it, so no problem there.

So since this is on the computer, how can i use it while im at the sea? Or is this meant for dry apnea?

It would be awsome if there was a dive watch that did that:)

Thanx
Zane

Hmm.. so O2 and CO2 tables are meant for dry?

Excuse my thickness heh but Why do u say "only dry"?

Thanx
Zane...

Zane, O2 and CO2 tables are good for wet or dry, but the software I wrote is good only for "dry" apnea training.

Unless you want to work like this:
wetmon.jpg

great program!

thank you for the work you have put into this project.

i have two suggestions (i read through some of this thread but not all so i appologize if this has been covered):

1 - at the end of the session add a voice prompt.

i use the voice prompts so that i don't have to look at the timer but i did not get a prompt to finish my last hold of the table. i love the voice prompts by the way---you can drift off into relaxation without concern for the timer.

2 - this one is likely on your list---add a create table option where you can tailor-make your own table (full control over each step)

cheers and thanks again,

sean

Step 2 was requested, but, by looking at it, it would require much more programming time and as I just bought a new house, I have hardly any time available.
So maybe in the future.
With step #1, what kind of voice prompt are you looking for. Can you give me some details? Like something saying, this is the last round?

Reactions: gman
Jozef

congrats on the new house! sounds very exciting but probably alot of work moving and settling into the place.

as far as the voice prompt goes i would love to have some type of audible cue that the final hold (and entire series) is finished. when i used the program i did not get a cue at the very end and kept holding until i finally looked at the clock.

when the final hold completes you might add something like "hold finished" or "session complete" or even just a beep sound--- so that you don't have to watch the timer.

cheers and thanks again,
sean

ps. the "open" table idea will certainly have to wait until you get settled in

hey there jozef,

i used the program again today and i mad an error in reporting to you.

the program does give the audio cue at your last hold.
BUT the program then goes on to breathing as the last step---this is where i became confused.

the program ends on the breathing cycle and i went on to do a hold (as i was not looking at the screen).....i assumed i was not getting a cue to end the final hold but in fact the program had ended at the last breathe cycle.

it seems to make more sense to me to end with a hold? perhaps you could make this change?

also, another feature that would be very useful would be to have the option to repeat the final breathe/hold step at the end of the table. before you start you might click the option "repeat final breathe/hold cycle at end of table".

for example the program might initially generate an 8 step table ending like this (i made it end with a hold):

....(only last couple steps showing)....
6- 120 60 21:45
7- 120 45 24:30
8- 120 30 27:00
final hold 120 29:00
session complet

adding the repeating the final breath/hold step option might then look like this (basically adds another step without reducing the breathe time)
6- 120 60 21:45
7- 120 45 24:30
8- 120 30 27:00
9- 120 30 29:30
final hold 120 31:00
session complete

i am often repeating the final step in a table and find myself having to use a stopwatch for this additional step.

perhaps we could choose how many times to repeat the final step?

anyway, thanks again for a great program.

cheers,
sean

This is a great program. I just tried it for the first time. I now have a training plan I can keep. I can get up at 0400 each day and do a table before I leave for work. No one has to watch me be a "kook", and I do not have to interrupt family/homework time for my training. This way when I get into the water I can just have fun with my new developing skills.

THANK YOU :D :D :D

Question,
I cannot get the table B to open up and work. I click the tab and it comes up empty. THere is the description of what an O2 table is but nothing else. Is there a trick I can do or should I reinstall the program?

GREAT TOOL by the way! Thank you Jozef

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT