• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

New LG

No safety on the Manilu "Revolution” which could be a problem if in the event of an accident investigators come looking for one. For those who scoff at such things Jay Riffe a few years ago stated that were it not for the safety on his gun it would have cost him his business when a diver accidentally shot his instructor in the back thereby paralyzing him. The fault was with the diver for not monitoring his gun, but when big dollars are at stake lawyers come looking for whoever has the deepest pockets to both pay themselves and the victim’s damages which could run into millions.

No safeties on the Pelengas for that matter, so all cautions need to be observed when wrapping the shooting line on the line hooks after the gun is cocked for shooting.

Last edited:
The Manilu "Revolution" spear is an integral tip tricut of 6.5 mm diameter for this 62 cm gun, something that I was not expecting as I thought that it would be at least 7.0 mm. That makes it the skinniest shaft that I own and makes me wonder what other shaft sizes are on offer. The guns have a 12 mm ID inner barrel, but apparently it was earlier 11 mm ID and then the bore was increased. If you look at early photos of the silvery body gun then it appears somewhat slimmer with a gradual curving taper running virtually from the mid-point of the tank to each end, but now the guns do not look so narrow gutted and it makes me think that they have been fattened up in the last year or so. The 62 cm gun only has a taper on the nose end which goes from 40 mm OD to 30 mm OD at the muzzle, running back to the rear handle it stays at 40 mm OD where the rear bulkhead that forms the top of the rear handle then tapers very quickly to the back end of the gun.
LG-Sub spears.jpg

Last edited:
Found this description on http://www.spearfishing.de/pro…UB-Manilu-Revolution.html

Airgun LGSUB Manilu Revolution

• The Manilú Revolution is made in LG Sub workshop starting from solid material rods machined with 5-axis CNC tools. Only this way, by maintaining the highest standard on tolerances, LG Sub is able to guarantee the absolutely best performances, reliability and overall quality.

• The speargun Manilu Revolution is delivered complete of vacuum head LG, Sigalsub spear and LGTWIST Reel!!

• Anatomic grip made by carving a solid block of white Delrin by CNC, is composed by two parts that can be splitted easily for inspection. The grip has been carved also inside. The front of the grip is ready to receive the exceptional LG reel that comes in the package.

• In solid aluminium Anticorodal 6060 (hard-anodized @ 15 micron), has been sloped laterally and backwards to achieve the best possible line of sight. The preload valve on the back of the breech is of extra-short profile and the thread is compatible with traditional pumps or adapters.

• The mechanism is "reverse" type and allow 35mm extra of piston run that, together with the extra-short piston become 40mm extra. The lock is made in hard steel tempered in LG at 57 HRC. The result is an exceptional sensibility with minimum pressure on the trigger. The line release is lateral to the breech.

• Trigger: made like precision shooting guns it allow a fine tuning from 65 to 75 mm of interaxis so to fit all hands and especially thick gloves. The trigger it's self is angled right or left to fit the shooter phalange position to achieve maximum comfort and precision.

• Tube: Made in Anticorodal 6060 cold formed (not pressed) to maintain the best possible molecular structure of the metal. This tube has a conical shape calculated to maintain the best ratio of compression and has a diameter starting from 40mm in the back and ending to 28mm in the front. This allow also an exceptional maneuvrability in the water.

• Balancing: each speargun is balanced in the water with it's own spear (a Tahitian spear) to get the best precision performances in all length and situations.

• The barrel is 12mm internal and reduced to 16mm externally. The stability also under heavy loads is guaranteed by an internal centering support CNC made and placed between the barrel and the external tube.

• Piston: Made from a full rod (not molded) it is calibrated for each barrel with a tolerance of 1/100 of mm and made with a self-lubricating surface that, together with the single gasket, guarantee the highest speed and fluidity in the shot.

• Inner head: made also in CNC is extremely light and include the line supports and is ready for the fluorescent beads that help aiming in fast shooting situations.

• Vacuum head: Even if it is made from a full aluminium block in CNC this part is only 20g in weight! A real record!! This head does not work as the traditional vacuum heads available on the market but it work with a special line-slider that is used as primary seal and that is set into the secondary seal of the head: the result is an extremely robust system, very resilient and that allow to replace the thickness of the spear without the need of tools or to open the head itself.

My comments

The vacuum muzzle is basically a revamp of the "Mamba" system where the line slide or slider carries the shaft seal and the muzzle has a seal that seals on the slider. Just by pushing on it the slider seems a bit tight on the shaft, but really that is best judged when wet. I put grease on the shaft so as not to damage the "O" ring, but have no idea what the original owner did with it. He tried to unscrew the muzzle and badly marked the anodizing without getting it to budge, however I have a very expensive chuck type tool with three flat jaws that should undo it, but I have to let all the air out first.

Last edited:
The LG-Sub 2018 catalog is here http://www.lgsub.it/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/Catalogo-Lg-2018-Ridotto.pdf
I guess the 2019 version will be out soon, but really depends on what is new to include in it. I wonder if the black "Revolution" gun can have the white grip handle as drop a cocked all black and red gun over a dark weedy, slapping tendrils wave tossed bottom and you may never see it again. Maybe a skunk type handle marking would do the trick, or some glow type plastic that will usually be hidden by your gun hand.

I just watched a video of the LG-Sub Manilu "Revolution" being loaded with an extended loader. Watch it and you will learn a lot about the gun if you analyze what you are looking at.

Reactions: Zahar
The LG-Sub 2018 catalog is here http://www.lgsub.it/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/Catalogo-Lg-2018-Ridotto.pdf
I guess the 2019 version will be out soon, but really depends on what is new to include in it. I wonder if the black "Revolution" gun can have the white grip handle as drop a cocked all black and red gun over a dark weedy, slapping tendrils wave tossed bottom and you may never see it again. Maybe a skunk type handle marking would do the trick, or some glow type plastic that will usually be hidden by your gun hand.
The personalised identity labels for diving gear that we make are small and reflective. They could easily be covered by you hand, but as the material is reflective, if you drop your gun, or any piece of gear it can be picked up by torchlight. Examples attached. The website is www.divinglabels.com

Attachments

• Joey T 4.jpg
    Joey T 4.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 274
  • Shaun Tan 2.jpg
    Shaun Tan 2.jpg
    168.4 KB · Views: 260
  • Neil Chapman3.jpg
    Neil Chapman3.jpg
    475.5 KB · Views: 266
Well that material should increase visibility, especially if it is has a sparkling effect in daylight. The usual places for gun application are on the rear of the grip handle and down the spine in an inverted Vee shape and on what would be the scales of the handle if we were taking about an automatic pistol as speargun handles don't usually have grip scales being molded all in one piece. These locations keep the bright markings hidden by your hand when the gun is being used for active hunting. An approach to manufactures may prove useful as they may use that material to replace their vinyl, metallic and clear plastic overprinted stickers.

Reactions: Jane Hunt
I purchased a loading handle and a replacement inlet valve cap which had gone missing from the gun that I bought on eBay from the Pelengas store. A brochure came with it which I am showing here.
LG-SUB brochure 1 (640x450).jpg

LG-SUB brochure 2 (640x446).jpg

Here are details of the section about the gun.
LG-SUB Manilu Revolution.jpg

and this section shows the muzzle components.
LG-SUB muzzle components.jpg

This muzzle looks like the aftermarket muzzle as it comes in sizes for 11 mm up to 13 mm diameter inner barrels.

If you watch the gun loading video carefully then you will see that the diver tips any water out of the muzzle before pushing the slider home in the muzzle, this being a “Mamba” type pneumovacuum system based on a sealed slider. Now personally I would rather not have to do that as for example I can muzzle load both my "Taimen" and "Pelengas Magnum" guns completely under the water, there is no need to tip anything out of the muzzle. What the LG-Sub gun needs is a muzzle relief valve like we discussed some years back to eliminate hydraulic lock, the valve consisting of a rubber annular band around the muzzle covering tiny ports with channels running back to openings behind the muzzle seal position. Hydraulic lock blows off the annular ring temporally before sealing again as a vacuum develops in the inner barrel during gun cocking.

LG system is more likely based on one of my ideas from 2011 (?): Tomba7N1 https://forums.deeperblue.com/threads/tomba-all-in-one-barrel-sealing.81791/page-26#post-867876
Mamba system is different in that that it had a tiny O-ring that had to be pushed into the "plug" from the front side using the line slide. After shooting that O-ring left the "plug" at some moment making the friction to the shaft lower... The main issue of Mamba sistem was relatively large OD of the "plug" that in combination with the line slide itself had higher drag in water.

Tomba-Mamba1.jpg

Last edited:
LG system is more likely based on one of my ideas from 2011 (?): Tomba7N1 https://forums.deeperblue.com/threads/tomba-all-in-one-barrel-sealing.81791/page-26#post-867876
Mamba system is different in that that it had a tiny O-ring that had to be pushed into the "plug" from the front side using the line slide. After shooting that O-ring left the "plug" at some moment making the friction to the shaft lower... The main issue of Mamba sistem was relatively large OD of the "plug" that in combination with the line slide itself had higher drag in water.
No, there is a seal in the line slide as it is sticky on the shaft and does not run smoothly, of course when wet it will have less friction and run much more freely. I wonder how you replace the internal seal, but the gun came with a spare slider so I suppose when worn you change everything over. To change the line slide, or slider, on the shaft you have to remove the shaft tail which has a transverse hole in the rear end for a thin rod to be used as a tool to unscrew the tail which then enables you to remove the slider from the shaft. The difference to the "Mamba" is LG-Sub have made a very compact slider, so small I wonder how they have done it, but I am not going to slice it open to find out, well not yet anyway.

Last edited:
The only difference from Tomba 7N1 is the placement of tiny O-ring. Tomba 7N1 had it inside the cone ring and in LG it is inside the slider..

This is the vacuum barrel sealing system used by LG-Sub which consists of a slider machined from Delrin that contains a seal that runs directly on the spear shaft and a sealing ring installed in the alloy muzzle that the body of the slider seals on. The main advance is that these parts are very compact unlike earlier attempts to do the same thing, the difference being in the very accurate machining used to create the parts. The slider is also available in alloy instead of the plastic version shown here.
LG-Sub vacuum barrel sealing.jpg

I found this image of an LG-Sub muzzle and nose cone that looks like it may be a replacement for other pneumatic gun front bulkhead components as it seems larger than the ones used on their own guns. The LG-Sub guns have 40 mm OD tanks that are necked down to 28 mm OD in a tapered nose end on their Manilu "Revolution" guns, however this example may be for a 40 mm OD tank front end as the nose cone, which is a machined component rather than molded, has a long taper section. Depending on the actual dimensions of the gun being converted to use this replacement nose cone and muzzle the gun's tank may need to be shortened by lopping a few inches off.
LG-Sub nose cone and muzzle R.jpg

I found this image of an LG-Sub muzzle and nose cone that looks like it may be a replacement for other pneumatic gun front bulkhead components as it seems larger than the ones used on their own guns. The LG-Sub guns have 40 mm OD tanks that are necked down to 28 mm OD in a tapered nose end on their Manilu "Revolution" guns, however this example may be for a 40 mm OD tank front end as the nose cone, which is a machined component rather than molded, has a long taper section. Depending on the actual dimensions of the gun being converted to use this replacement nose cone and muzzle the gun's tank may need to be shortened by lopping a few inches off.
View attachment 53555
LG do make muzzles for other guns but maybe this nose cone is just for one of their own (older) models? Before the Revolution, didn't LG make a cylindrical reservoir gun? But maybe it was not 40mm but slightly smaller and perhaps a 12mm barrel...? Can't really remember the details.

The image is one of a series of images in a slide show on display in the banner of this page https://www.nootica.co.uk/lg-sub-manilu-revolution-pneumatic-speargun-124-cm.html, but the image is named manilu4_1_1_1_1_1.jpg which does not tell you much, except the manilu name. I could not see it on the LG-Sub website either. Although it looks too long I guess it must be from an earlier version as we know they make changes such as the glow sight on the latest guns.

Well I asked the company directly and this muzzle and nose cone are from the first edition of their gun.

If you watch the gun loading video carefully then you will see that the diver tips any water out of the muzzle before pushing the slider home in the muzzle, this being a “Mamba” type pneumovacuum system based on a sealed slider. Now personally I would rather not have to do that as for example I can muzzle load both my "Taimen" and "Pelengas Magnum" guns completely under the water, there is no need to tip anything out of the muzzle. What the LG-Sub gun needs is a muzzle relief valve like we discussed some years back to eliminate hydraulic lock, the valve consisting of a rubber annular band around the muzzle covering tiny ports with channels running back to openings behind the muzzle seal position. Hydraulic lock blows off the annular ring temporally before sealing again as a vacuum develops in the inner barrel during gun cocking.
Well no sooner do we talk about it and now LG-Sub have done just that, i.e. they have created a new “Manilu Revolution” muzzle with a multi-ported blow-off valve as described previously on this thread that prevents a hydraulic lock on initial spear tail insertion in the muzzle. Once the excess water in the muzzle accommodation space is pushed out the relief valve openings, then the relief valve closes and the gun loads and creates the usual vacuum in the inner barrel. I had thought of making one a month or so back, now I will just buy their version.

Last edited:
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT