• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

New Seatec Gabbiano 2009!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Jimy

What is so good about it ? Since I don't have but I am always open to new guns !

Any pictures ?

I am sorry as a photo would say a million words, but I don't have one.

Its narrowing down the back of the spear, where the line goes through. Most spear backs are square, and the line hoop obviously wants to be round, so, take 45 degree corners off, and the width is now narrower, the hoop can therefore be rounder.

If you post a pic of the spear, line fastening end, taken from the top, I'll sketch where to grind.

Riffe_euroshafts.jpg

Riffe_shafts.jpg

do you do it with a file ?

Last edited:
Reactions: foxfish
Does anyone know what replacement bands I can get for my Gabbiano 90 TRB (2009)?

Do I have to buy seatec ones or do other manufacturers make Seatec / Gabbiano specific ones?

Does anyone know what replacement bands I can get for my Gabbiano 90 TRB (2009)?

Do I have to buy seatec ones or do other manufacturers make Seatec / Gabbiano specific ones?

Bro I use H.Dessault bands on my Gabbiano Trb and had NO problem at all with screwing the threads into the Trb muzzle fitting. The H.Dessault went smooth into it. Any Omer will do good as well, but the Dessault are better IMHO.
I'm told you can avail H. Dessault rubbers from Apnea.co.uk.

Reactions: Broseidon
Bro I use H.Dessault bands on my Gabbiano Trb and had NO problem at all with screwing the threads into the Trb muzzle fitting. The H.Dessault went smooth into it. Any Omer will do good as well, but the Dessault are better IMHO.
I'm told you can avail H. Dessault rubbers from Apnea.co.uk.

Thanks buddy! I noticed the discussion on the Dessault rubbers at Apnea.

I've got the 20mm seatec rubbers at the moment which have the specific 20mm rubber TRB mount (thing you screw them into) - I'm presuming I'd need to buy 20mm Dessault rubbers for that? Or is that a bit obvious? :duh

Thanks buddy! I noticed the discussion on the Dessault rubbers at Apnea.

I've got the 20mm seatec rubbers at the moment which have the specific 20mm rubber TRB mount (thing you screw them into) - I'm presuming I'd need to buy 20mm Dessault rubbers for that? Or is that a bit obvious? :duh

ALARM! ALARM! ALARM!

I'm afraid it's more complicated than I thought.

You should know that the old TRb muzzle models where sold in 2 versions: with the odd, older style 20mm screws, and with the standard 16mm screws.
You don't have to consider the rubber thickness, but the size of thread fitting.

If (I said IF) you have the 20mm thread type of rubber mount fitting (sadly, the odd type) there are only Seatec and Omer still manufacturing rubber with 20mm threads. Otherwise, you buy the 16mm threaded muzzle fitting, and live happy with any standard rubbers you wish to mount.

The user friendly 16mm threaded rubber mount:
Testina portagomme d.16mm : Tutto Pesca Mare
The odd mothaffuggin 20mm threaded rubber mount:
Testina porta gomma 20mm : Tutto Pesca Mare

Ah ha! I didn't think it would be so easy! :D

Huge thanks for your help - I'll order myself a 16mm rubber mount!

Reactions: DafyddRees
Here's a tip: Order two. When the unthinkable happens and you loose your bands and clip in bad vis (as i did last summer) it would be nice to have a spare in the car!

ALARM! ALARM! ALARM!

You should know that the old TRb muzzle models where sold in 2 versions: with the odd, older style 20mm screws, and with the standard 16mm screws.
You don't have to consider the rubber thickness, but the size of thread fitting.

If (I said IF) you have the 20mm thread type of rubber mount fitting (sadly, the odd type) there are only Seatec and Omer still manufacturing rubber with 20mm threads. Otherwise, you buy the 16mm threaded muzzle fitting, and live happy with any standard rubbers you wish to mount.

ALARM! ALARM! ALARM!

Thanks for the
ALARM! ALARM! ALARM!

Thanks for the info Spaghetti on where to purchase the 16mm threaded rubber mount. I have an older version of Gabby which uses the 20mm threaded mount and I got say it a real pain trying to find rubbers to fit that mount. I was actually looking at alternatives on other websites and clicked on a link that directed me to this forum.

On another note I saw a picture of another mount for the Gabby which carries two pairs of threaded rubbers. Are you aware of such and know where I can purchase one? Please note that I am aware of a mount that uses the tie-in style for the bands which also allows for two pairs of bands to be used but I not talking about that one rather another mount that uses the threads instead of the tie-in style for the bands.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT