• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

New US Static record - 7.21

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Thanks David. You already know it, but one good coach is worth a ton of respect anyway.

Jason, the last two years, Matt and Annabel have gone to the expense and work of setting up world record trials and they opened it up to other divers. The exact rules are in the process of being finalized, so for now, we follow AIDA rules and submitt the the paper work to the USAA board. Another way is to enter a competition that is set up for records (world or national).
Aloha
Bill

Hey Bill,

Right on!

Comments about warm ups, training progression, how it felt...?

Only one second away from breaking the North American record (Canada's Luc Gosselin)....

Keep it up....any designs on Eight minutes?

Pete Scott
Vancouver, BC

Thanks Pete.
Warm up is stretching and some negative holds until my heart slows. Get in the water, on my back, 2, 3 and 5 minute holds, a 2' packed hold, 5' vent, a dozen fast exhales and pack about 25%.
Nothing new in training. I hit some very good times in spring when my dive buddies were training for Cyprus. Then a good friend spent a few months here and we dove a lot. Training from mid Sep was a target CB, a target FI, a CO2 table, an O2 table, a max static dry and a wet static, each week.
It's hard to say how much more, but as Eric warned, the gains now seem to come more from technique. Since I haven't flown a 747 for over five years, that would be a nice number for a PB, don't you think?
Aloha
Bill

Reactions: jome
***Dave***? YOU come from Oklahoma??? What's a Nice World Record Holder doin' in a place like that?
Makes ME feel better--I'm from Nebraska! (Bro')

"The Place where even SQUARES can have a Ball!"

And 7 minute breath-holds are the BIGGEST Thrill of all--LOL!
Water Rat--counting her 6es--and REJOICING her SON is HOME from the *&*&&*&*&* WAR! :):):) For now.

Um--Kars suggested I get to know this Annabel. He didn't say why. How would I contact her? If she's in Hawaii, she's pretty darned far away from ME--but there IS email.... :) :):)
Water Rat
BTW--Sir Duke of Apnea--747 sounds DELIGHTFUL....:)

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT