• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Nice Cipa Open 2005

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
samdive said:
where is everyone staying? i was going to stay at the maison du seminare but its sooooo expensive!!
Sam

I called Maison du Séminaire yesterday and the situation is not so clear ; apparently, they do not rent any longer their cheap rooms (20 € per night is something of a bargain !) out of "safety" reasons... but... nevertheless they still rent it to "some groups"...

I told them that freediving is a high risk sport, that freedivers are by no means drunkards... but extremely decent, law abiding and God fearing people...

I found a lodging at a reasonable price close to the Negresco from the 22th of May, but I should highly appreciate arriving a bit sooner (Friday 20th of May) in order to get the opportunity to train in the sea during the week-end...
and my hotel is full...

Maybe, an extremely pious freediving person with lobbying skills might intercede with Maison du Séminaire on the freediving community's behalf in order to persuade them to welcome us in their spartan but geographically extremely well situated and highly affordable rooms....

Any influential freediving Archbishop on Deeperblue ?

I am looking for :

1. an affordable lodging for the nights 20-21th May and 21-22 May...

2. buddies to swim and train in the Sea in Nice close to the Negresco from 23rd to 25th of May

Any good tips ?

See you

sorry- I am staying at MDS but paying lots for the privilege - but I don't get there til the 25th. Maybe Francois can talk to them, I think he has done before

or maybe they have just had enough of dripping dive gear hanging out of their windows!

Apparently Cannes film festival is the same week which is why people are having problems finding a room

S

Reactions: subaquaticus
samdive said:
Apparently Cannes film festival is the same week which is why people are having problems finding a room

Also Monaco GP is in the weekend of 21/22nd of May so again more hotelrooms booked full.

Pim

Re: Trainings Cipa Open 2005

subaquaticus said:
Trainings​
- Training with wrist leach.

Are wrist leaches provided or does every freediver have to bring his (or her) own wrist leach ?

Last edited:
We provide lanyards. Still, u can use yours if it fullfills AIDA recomendations wich are...?

Carabina with no screw
Carabina with a wide enouth opening (....cm)
Leash has to be maximum 1 m longuer

Check the texts in aida-international.org

Francois Gautier - CIPA Nice

bzugo80@yahoo.fr
00 33 6 60 20 92 15

The static and dynamic will be ran in a 50 m olympic pool.

29 - 30 °C
1.80m deep all long

bzugo80@yahoo.fr
00 33 6 60 20 92 15

samdive said:
Maybe Francois can talk to them (Maison du Séminaire), I think he has done before

Excellent suggestion :wave ! The week end 21-22 May is very tough... everything is booked... because of the GP in Monaco...

The 20 euros rooms are being repared. Don t count on them. I am trying to deal something interesting for the 5 rooms they have left.

I ll keep u informed

Francois CIPA - Nice
bzugo80@yahoo.fr
00 33 6 60 20 92 15

francois said:
The 20 euros rooms are being repared. Don t count on them. I am trying to deal something interesting for the 5 rooms they have left.

I ll keep u informed

Francois CIPA - Nice
bzugo80@yahoo.fr
00 33 6 60 20 92 15

Great !

I got a noce lodging from Sunday 22th in Nice close to the Negresco...

I am interested in a nice room for the nights 20-21 and 21-22 May (week end of the GP)...

See u

francois said:
The static and dynamic will be ran in a 50 m olympic pool.

29 - 30 °C
1.80m deep all long

bzugo80@yahoo.fr
00 33 6 60 20 92 15

Hi Francois,
Can you tell me the name of the pool? I just need to know where it is as the timing might be complicated with the "fête des mères" and the elections the same day.

Otherwise, about the training days, did we need to book in advance and pay in advance? It is not really mentionned on the web site I think, and I did not think about it when I registered.

Cheers
C U there

Rémi

Salut Remi,

10 euros a training. U were supposed to pay it together with the comp. On the 22 nd ill send you all the final infos.

Schedule
Places
etc...

Once i have everybody inscribed, i ll know who is training, and so i ll contact all the concerned to establish a schedule.

3 to 4 boats a day. Most people are not training. We ll have lots of place free.Should be ok then.

The swimming pool is at Jean Bouin, 10 min walking from the harbor.

Francois CIPA NICE
00 33 6 60 20 92 15
bzugo80@yahoo.fr

Hi François,

Did you receive my cheque (comp + 2 trainings) ?

I have a lodging for sure from the Sunday 22 th to the 31th of May... I shall lodge close to the Negresco...

If possible, I should be glad to make my first training as soon as possible (if possible on Monday the 23rd if there is one ?) in order to adapt myself again to the sea and to the depth...

If there is no training organized by the CIPA on 23rd, 24th, 25th, I should like to train with possible buddies : my lodging is close to the "Bambou plage"... I guess it is a nice place there to swim and do a little depth, isn't it ?

I understood that lodging during the week end of 21-22nd May is very tough due to the "Grand Prix de Monaco" and due to the Festival de Cannes... But if there is any possibility of lodging in Nice from the Friday 20th to the Sunday 22nd of May, I should be highly interested...

See you

François

I doubt we ll be organising any trainings before the 26th...we ll much too busy.

Again, don t dive alone...and even if you have a buddy don t forget you don t have any serious safety around you

Safe dives !!!

francois cipa - nice
00 33 6 60 20 92 15
bzugo80@yahoo.fr

More athletes inscribed !!! :)
Check out who s there. Are you in the list?

Inscriptions stop on the 22nd of may.

Keep me informed.

O
O
O
O
O
o
o
o
°
°
°

Francois G - CIPA - NICE
00 33 6 60 20 92 15
bzugo80@yahoo.fr

Hi Francois,

I have a question... A friend (not yet an apneist) is susceptible to visit me from Paris during my stay in Nice...

What are the possibilities for non competitors to be spectators for the comp in the sea ?

Are there kayaks to be rent ? Is there room on the boats ?

sorry...no room in the boats and as we ll be at more than 300m from the shore no one will rent him a kayak. But he can come to the swimming pool part.

Ciao

Francois G - CIPA - NICE
00 33 6 60 20 92 15
bzugo80@yahoo.fr

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT