• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Nordic Deep

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
larsemil said:
COME TO NORDIC DEEP!

16-20th of august in Lysekil, Sweden in Gullmarsfjorden - with great depths, jellyfish and really nice people.

Compete in:
DYN,DNF,STA, FIM, CNF and CWT!

More info on:

http://www.fridykning.se/nordicdeep/

See you there!

Count me in,:t but I'll focus on keeping your guys safe.....
But I hope to see many of you DB users there.:friday Some of them cool Finnish divers maybe....???

Hello

Nordic deep has now 30 registered athletes. From more than five countries.
We are now in search of more boats and more accomodation.
Apart from the 6 disciplines there will be a team static, a CPR corse, a lecture on apnea science, maybe some scientific tests on volunteer athletes, fims, BBQ by the cliffs.

Due to the many performances 6 x 30 we might need another judge, maybe one that wants to compete in one or two of the individual disciplines (registered as individual competitions).

Looking forward to see you all.

Sebastian

http://www.fridykning.se/nordicdeep

this comp has a really fantastic concept!

STA, DYN, DNF, CW, CNF, FIM - all freediving disciplines in one ranking (in differtent point system: cnf 1,3pt/m, fim 0,9pt/m etc..)

can be that a modell for a championchip "the best freediver" (?)

the starter list is official now:
http://www.fridykning.se/nordicdeep/gaseathletes.html

is there a wr-status possible?

... and where will be the winner of the fantastic prices? (d3, elios-suite, fins, mono, swatch and euros....)

i´m looking forward to

wolle

The competition looks like it's going to be fantastic and i feel blessed that i got in. I'm a bit nervous about getting there, though, so i was wondering if anybody would like to have a travel companion from Göteborg to Lysekil? I arrive in Göteborg probably sunday evening, and since my Swedish is about as crap as my sense of direction, i'd really be comforted by having a friendly native there. Or someone else who does know what they're doing, so we can ride the right bus together, or share gasoline costs. In return, i can either babble a lot or be very quiet if required, and bring Dutch chocolate for after the competition.

Thank you, hope to see you there,

Daan

Hi Daan,

you registered as a German ?? Have you got dual citizenship ? (just kiddin) rofl

Holger

Haha, i wish!

No, i told Sebastian i was so late registering because i didn't know yet if i could dive deep, and that at the German Nationals i did my first sort of deep dive, fell in love with the deep, so now i wanted more. He's such a busy guy he probably read over that whole story and 'German' stuck, which is understandable, also cause my last name could be mistaken for a German name by anyone neither Dutch or German. Goes to show how nice a guy he is that he immediately wrote me back that he'll adjust both the spelling of my name and my nationality, while he must be in the midst of an organizing whirlwind.

But if i were German, i'd probably live near Hemmoor; what an awesome lake she is, that Kreidesee :inlove

Sounds like an awesome competition. Wish I had the time and the money to come ...........

Good luck to all and have fun !!

Interesting results so far - well done to Eva for another Denmark national record!

What's the conditions like - water temp, vis, weather etc. ?

Are most competitors going for all disciplines? I wonder if people are pacing themselves so they last the distance, every discipline in the one comp is pretty tough! Was there only one Free Immersion male?

Would have loved to have been there (should have gone up as work is quiet this week :head )

Cheerio,
Ben

I believe it is a Norwegian record as Eva is Norwegian:) But a nice record indeed! Congrats! :)

Oops....:eek: getting confused again :duh

Congrats to all nationalities that have achieved a national record, good on ya!

Updated

http://www.fridykning.se/nordicdeep/gaseresults06.html

We now have 10 national records here in Nordic Deep.
The green and the dark and the jellyfish seems to be managable :)

Wolle Stig Henning Miha
Are compeeting close with Wolle in the lead for total winner in Nordic Deep.

Norwegian Elizabeth seems to be in the lead among the women.

We use "Nordic Deep points" and use the best result from one deep dive, one dynamic dive and static.

http://www.fridykning.se/nordicdeep/gasepoints.html

Sebastian

Hey all!

We from the Swedish filmteam want to thank and congrat all the great athlets at the Nordic Deep comp this weekend.
It was a wonderful competition and always great to meet u guys, lovely people, great attitudes and lots of laughs. Thank u all for helping out with our documentary and the national TV report, I already miss u all and look forward to when we meet again. A special thanks to Sebastian for organising this competition and all the help u gave us. U can watch the TV report for about 30 days on www.svt.se/sport to the right hand side u´ll find the link to the Nordic Deep report, hope u´ll like it.

Thanks

Therése/Loligo Media

great event,
again,
thanks to sebastian and the crew

the one that throws away the tag after surfacing

It was a great competition packed full of new and old friends, great diving (despite of the f***ing jellyfish) and lot's of fun:) Thanks to Sebastian and the rest of the crew!

Regards,
Elisabeth

PS: In respect of my good friend Eva ("Evita"), I have to inform you that she is as much danish as I am norwegian... Although our countries are quite close to each other. ;)

GirlOfWater said:
(despite of the f***ing jellyfish)
May I note that out of 157 performances only two had serious jellyfish problem. The jellychaser did not dive deep enough in yours and Vladimirs case - sorry.
On the other hand I think you need the challenge - since you have no human competition in norway :)

Sebastian

GirlOfWater said:
PS: In respect of my good friend Eva ("Evita"), I have to inform you that she is as much danish as I am norwegian... Although our countries are quite close to each other. ;)
Thought so ;) In any case well done to you both, lovely swag of records between you.

Couple of questions:

What is a DQ weight (on Saturday, Peter Boivie in FIM)?

What is a DQ Equipment (Sunday, Felicia Nyberg in DYF)?

Cheers,
Ben

I've been to Copenhagen and Roskilde and can vouch that they're awesome places. As for Norway, well i'll let you know after the weekend:D

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT