• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Nordic Deep

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
videos! videos! videos!

yamina dynamic without fins 100m (new swedish record)
henning dynamic with fins 200m (special monofintechnic)
weine dynamic wiht fins 169m (new swedish record and special monofin-technic too)
stig dynamic without fins 150m
and the "damned" surface protocol made by elisabeth after her fantastic 150m dynamic with fins...

http://www.freedivers.info/wolle/apnoepics.htm (videos "nordic deep")

greetings wolle

One year has passed and it is time for Nordic deep again. 15-19 AUGUST on the west coast of Sweden - all six disciplines and three fun-competitions.
Freediving competition - Nordic deep

Wolle will come and my mother will cook again:)

Some 25 registered.
freedivers at Nordic Deep
Early registration will give reductions in fees.
Freediving competition Nordic deep

South Africa has already tried out the MAGIC 3 idea. Hold your breath, guess your time and try to finish as close to 3 minutes as possible. Winners at Nordic Deep will win a heart rate monitor from Suunto.
Nordic deep - magic 3 comp

At least 50% of the swedish national team seems to show up. And may I
take the opportunity to remind you that swedens male/female team was
overall winner in the last WC.

Swedish waterway salesman might turn up and show waterway fins and the
scientists will probably be back - this year one of them wants to explore the effect of hookbreathing.

And may I remind you about the climbing possibilities if there are
freedivers who are also climbers.
climbing

Sebastian & team

Last edited:
The competition looks like it's going to be fantastic and i feel blessed that i got in. I'm a bit nervous about getting there, though, so i was wondering if anybody would like to have a travel companion from Göteborg to Lysekil? I arrive in Göteborg probably sunday evening, and since my Swedish is about as crap as my sense of direction, i'd really be comforted by having a friendly native there. Or someone else who does know what they're doing, so we can ride the right bus together, or share gasoline costs. In return, i can either babble a lot or be very quiet if required, and bring Dutch chocolate for after the competition.

Thank you, hope to see you there,

Daan

Since most swedes do spak english you probarly dont have to worry about your swedish :D

Give me a yell if your nervous about getting on the right bus, I live in Göteborg and can probaly give you some help at the busstation. Too bad you arrive on the evening.. Had you arrived in the morning could you had the chans that we (me and my buddy) decided to dive in lysekil and could probarly have given you a lift there. Well, if your going to the divecenter in lysekil you stand with the bus at your back in Lysekil and just go right until you see it. Not even I have trouble and my mates are convinced that I'm capable of getting lost in my own neiberhood! :D

Have you checked out the watertemperature normal in august?

Hope somone take some nice pictures and good luck!

Thank you, Linda,

That is very sweet of you. It was last year's post you replied to, though, so even i already made it to lovely Lysekil and back again in that time, despite using public transportation. But Sebastian&team's competition is certainly one of the best on the calendar, and definitely the most complete, so i'll try and make it there again this year. Maybe we'll see each other, eh, if we both don't get lost?

Water temperature? You'll be fine in a 5 and a bit nippy in a 3. Come and join the comp, it's really a great atmosphere there. Plus it's enormous fun to harass Seb about stuff like pillows. Watch the veins on his forehead throb, then explode.

Thank you, Linda,

That is very sweet of you. It was last year's post you replied to, though, so even i already made it to lovely Lysekil and back again in that time, despite using public transportation. But Sebastian&team's competition is certainly one of the best on the calendar, and definitely the most complete, so i'll try and make it there again this year. Maybe we'll see each other, eh, if we both don't get lost?

Water temperature? You'll be fine in a 5 and a bit nippy in a 3. Come and join the comp, it's really a great atmosphere there. Plus it's enormous fun to harass Seb about stuff like pillows. Watch the veins on his forehead throb, then explode.

This must be a absolutly perfect time for a "oups" :)

Don't think I compete (but I'll make sure to look after someone with exploding veins! *S*) since I dont freedive but I am concidering looking, that if the competion is somewere people can watch?

Plus it's enormous fun to harass Seb about stuff like pillows. Watch the veins on his forehead throb, then explode.
I am always open for harassment (since I am quite good at giving back). This year though we have a very even tempered "social hostess" that will calmly and firmly take care of any primadona-diva kind of requests from freedivinging princesses who find their bed to hard.
And also to enhance the social and mental harmony of this event, this year we will refrain from sleeping in the yoga room so that it is always empty ever morning at 6.30 when the above mentioned social hostess will wake certain troublesome athletes up for severe stretching and mantra singing.

Sebastian
http://www.fridykning.se/nordicdeep

You got me curious now, Sebastian. Who might this "social hostess" be?
As for the primadonna requests, I'm still sceptic about the jellyfish removing standards of the competition. After my experience, they DO occur deeper than 20m... hehe

I want to make it there, but (since I'm moving this summer) I'm not 100% certain yet. One question though, about the reduction of the fee.
Since I'm: under 20 years old, travelling from another nation + second time competitor, would I get 20% + 20% + 10% = 50% discount? Thought this might also interest other people :)

Elisabeth

You got me curious now, Sebastian. Who might this "social hostess" be?
We have sent for the best of the white tribe of Africa. A very hospitable and caretaking woman with deep insight in the needs of freedivers.
As for the primadonna requests, I'm still sceptic about the jellyfish removing standards of the competition. After my experience, they DO occur deeper than 20m... hehe
There has been two incidents, you were one of them. The depth was 23 was it not? For this issue we have sent for a safetydiver from former E-germany whom will have a stasi-standard level of keeping an eye out for jellyfish (if I may joke in this maner). For the same task there is also an old man that has lived all his life in the "gullmaren" and knows every jellyfish personally by name
about the reduction of the fee. Since I'm: under 20 years old, travelling from another nation + second time competitor, would I get 20% + 20% + 10% = 50% discount? Thought this might also interest other people :)
Thats bloody cheap, someone should put a stop to that. But those are the benefits of being young and coming from an exotic foreign country.

Sebastian

Last edited:
sent for a safetydiver from former E-germany whom will have a stasi-standard level of keeping an eye out for jellyfish

Hm... safetydiver from former east germany.... hm... that ether Wolle or me... But Wolle dose not have a StaSi record (I checked) and I never received any orders from the officer in charge.

Also, surveilance dose not make jellyfish go away. We need a tactical operations group. Some sort of jellyfish SWAT team...

Also, surveilance dose not make jellyfish go away. We need a tactical operations group. Some sort of jellyfish SWAT team...
Actually this is under discussion. I hope that Jonas and his friend will show up with an underwater supercharge scooter. We will see.
Regarding Wolle - his subversive behaviour and often voiced strong opinions should surely have been surveiled (if the old police regime in E-germany missed this - it is surely a very telling sign that they lost the grip of the situation). At the last ND he was heard taking a very hard stance on several issue, mainly how to deal with BO victims.
http://www.freediving.biz/features/gasebo.html
He also has a habit of filming everybody and putting up videofiles. Rumour has it he also listens to very strange music and also warm up with very little air. He also has a very suspicious neckweight and the behaviours 2 minutes into this film speaks for themselves:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AaRhm16yR-Q"]YouTube - Nordic Deep 2006 Freediving Competition[/ame]

Sebastian

Hm... safetydiver from former east germany.... hm... that ether Wolle or me... But Wolle dose not have a StaSi record (I checked) and I never received any orders from the officer in charge.

Swatteam.. You must mean divers ready to blow the jellyfishes away with their seconstages, works exellent in my experience in Gullmarn :)

Sebastian, I agree, Wolle should have definatelly been monitored. Maybe thats how the whole thing came down. We would maybe ask him what exactley he had to do with the fall of the Anti Capitalist Protection Wall...

And Lind, I see you know what I am talking about... blow jelly fish away, yes! Chase jelly belly helly out of the water... Lets kick jelly's ass... (If they have one).

Congratulations to competitors.

Jellychaser? Do you have a trained sea turtle that eats all the jellyfish in the area before the event?

Cool Sebastian! All places are full, great!
Looks like a great mix of people!

The Winners diploma's look absolutely gorgeous, I would be verry honoured to receive a framed one if I would be amoungst the lucky. Make sure a date and name of the artist is underneth them, so I know whom to thank!

- I better start doing more deepdive training!

Great idea Sebastien!

Love, Peace and water!

Kars

Cool Sebastian! All places are full, great!
Looks like a great mix of people!Kars
Original idea was to have no more than 30 athletes. Now we changed the idea to see how it is to have 50 athletes here. If we have the resources, if we can maintain quality, if it is still fun.

Check out the 50 athletes:
freedivers at Nordic Deep

Sebastian

PS Our experiments with tracking freedivers with fishfinder is not 100% sucessfull. The termoclines pose a problem, but its a delicate device and hopefully soon we will see them moving below 30 aswell.

Sebastien, appart from some white sheets we need to bring\buy, is it nessesairy to bring a sleeping bag as well? (I have neither with me, because I left already a week ago).

Thanks,

Kars

Great to see a DQ for humour violations back in the results... it's been years since the last one!

Cheers,
Ben

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT