• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Nordic Deep

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
BennyB said:
Thought so ;)
What is a DQ weight (on Saturday, Peter Boivie in FIM)?

What is a DQ Equipment (Sunday, Felicia Nyberg in DYF)?

Peter lost his weight belt mid dive, it currently lies on the bottom of the fiord.
Felicia ... forgot to remove her swimmmer's nose clip, therefore violating the surface protocol. Incidently, exactly the same happened on Elisabeth's 150 meter dive. Times like that, I hate being a judge, 'cause both dives were so strong. :head

My noting is a little bit arbitrary sometimes, I should have worded Felicia and Elisabeth's notes the same.

Chris Engelbrecht
Nordic Deep judge

Thanks to all organizers and judges!
This is got to be the most friendly and enjoyable competition there is!
See you next year!
Miha

Thanks for clearing that up Chris.

Yeah I know what you mean, a guy at the AIDA Hellas Winter games in Athens did a great dynamic, and did the SP perfect except he left his noseclip on. He realised just after he'd done the SP and wasn't too happy. Horrible to watch but hopefully people will learn from their mistakes.

Wow, 150m for Elisabeth - they're not many women in the world capable of that!

Cheers,
Ben

Thanks Sam:) It is a really exciting number and sure it was a lot of fun!

I know I'm not the only one who has screwd up like this in dynamic, so I will pass on a little genious tip to all you people who's also using noseclips: Make a little rubberband connecting the noseclip to the googles. It will remind you to take it off and eliminate DQ's... Had I only known this before! ;)

Elisabeth

Just discovered the error now.. Sorry Eva, of course Eva is Danish:) Just mixed you up with Elisabeth... Dont write and do static at the same time ;-)

Great results and a big congrats!

Gratulerer med den nye rekorden Elisabeth! Får håpe det snart blir noe mer konkurranse i det norske;-)

You should have seen Elisabeth's dive;

Of course, Henning's 200 in a 25 m shallow pool was very strong, Stig's 150 DNF another masterpiece, and let's not forget that Eva Johnsen's 106 DNF would've been a world record 2 short years ago (plus she has examplary technique and surfaced so cleanly that visibility in the pool immediately increased), but for me, in this competition, there was no more awe-inspiring dynamic than that beautiful 150 of Elisabeth. The fluidity of movement, the calm of it, the apparent ease; she didn't accelerate at all, kept her own, slow pace, kept her composure after turns that didn't go quite perfectly, and seemingly simply just kept going. Came up fresh as a dew-covered spring leave; this girl is capable of even more, and she's only just begone. Those poor judges, they so hated having to give a red card to this incredible performance.

You know how certain performances stick to your memory as shining beacons of how it's done? Elisabeth's is now up there in my head with Peter Pedersen's 200. This is what Natalia sees rapidly closing in her rear view mirror: Elisabeth, about to overtake.

Daan

Congratulation to all, especially to guys and girls from Hemmoor team.
Elisabeth, I told you, you are the best! :inlove

Igor

Gratulerer Elisabeth, imponerende resultater:) Jeg skal i marinen så det blir ikke mye dykking for tiden..

jome said:
That looked really interesting:
http://www.fridykning.se/nordicdeep/gasescience.htmlHow about a short summary? :) Especially interested in Weine's presentation...
Weine had not arrived yet. A summary would be difficult - we spoke for three hours. I have been trying to update this page on all issues regarding squeeze:
http://www.fridykning.se/freediving/features/squeeze.html

In the story about a deep blackout at Nordic Deep there where several misstakes that Stig Severinsen brought to my knowledge.
Here it is again, corrected and with photos and with a quicktimefilm.
http://www.fridykning.se/freediving/features/gasebo.html

Sebastian

Reactions: CEngelbrecht
Wow, quite a dramatic BO.

And Weine had another squeeze? I hope it wasn't as bad as the one in Nice earlier this year. Does anyone have details?

Cheers,
Ben

BennyB said:
And Weine had another squeeze? I hope it wasn't as bad as the one in Nice earlier this year. Does anyone have details?

Cheers,
Ben

No it wasn't as bad as the one in Nice but it was not far away.
He turned earlier this time.
I think he will take it slower with the depths and train more pool discipline.
One of his biggest goal now is to get the arms above the head in dynamic :D

Tobias (member of Weine team "Team Olympic") :)

Well glad to hear he's ok.

Arms above the head... with guns like that it'll be a challenge :D

Tobbe said:
One of his biggest goal now is to get the arms above the head in dynamic

What for? He's breaking national records fine with them at the sides...

I wish we had more accounts as detailed as this (with video). Not because I enjoy looking at BOs, but because we can learn so much.

Thanks Sebastian!

Personally, I don't understand "hiding" accidents. I do understand the feelings of shame (and have experienced them), but still, for the common good (and for your own personal psychological recovery) it's best to share them. Not always in the net, but at least going through the events with the people involved and close to you. And providing facts will cut away wings of (inevitable) rumours better than anything...

I already look forward to Nordic Deep 2007.

Thumbs up to Sebastian and his lovely gang of freedivers for making it not "only" a week long competition, but also giving food for thought with the science lectures and research, and debates about rules and safety. Much to learn there. Great mix of people, too. Yoga and healthy cooking in a big, cosy house by a beautiful fjord... what a great way to spend a week!

Be sure to book your bunk well in advance next year, because that house in Lysekil will surely be full as soon as Sebastian gives the word!

jome said:
Personally, I don't understand "hiding" accidents. I do understand the feelings of shame (and have experienced them), but still, for the common good (and for your own personal psychological recovery) it's best to share them. Not always in the net, but at least going through the events with the people involved and close to you. And providing facts will cut away wings of (inevitable) rumours better than anything...

EXACTLY.
More "inside stories".

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT