• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

North Wales ,The Llyn and Anglesey 2017

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

denian

Crazy Hobbit
May 8, 2010
IMG_0806.JPG
Happy New Year to new ,old and demented .Sure your all still here lurking .Lets hope for another great year .Managed to squeeze in one last dive New Year's Eve Barmy conditions 4. M viz flat sea and some yummy takes for New year dinner !.

Enough for a family of seven ! Water was warm loads of sea life crawling the sea bed edible crabs every where .

Reactions: conn4000
IMG_0914.JPG
IMG_0919.JPG
What a fantastic day might of been -3 0c when I left Cheshire this morning but by the time I got to the sea it was at least +3 0c blue sky hot bright sun glassy seas bring it on . Not a soul to be seen 6m viz With our small windows for diving you have to be on it boys . Had a balmy few hrs in 7 0c water came home buzzing with these monsters .

View attachment 43222 View attachment 43221 What a fantastic day might of been -3 0c when I left Cheshire this morning but by the time I got to the sea it was at least +3 0c blue sky hot bright sun glassy seas bring it on . Not a soul to be seen 6m viz With our small windows for diving you have to be on it boys . Had a balmy few hrs in 7 0c water came home buzzing with these monsters .

Sweeet south llyen/ by a rock?? any clues for a newby?

Well after a few years away from the Welsh shores sampling the delights of Scottish Loch scallops and lobsters, Dorset bass and other south coast delights I have moved back home and am looking to re-aquatint myself with the Llyn and Angelsey.

Planning a few Scallop outings to get me back into the swing along with some above water fishing to hopefully scout out some new marks now the Mersey cod season is drawing to an end.

So just thought I would pop in and say Hi (Again)

Well after a few years away from the Welsh shores sampling the delights of Scottish Loch scallops and lobsters, Dorset bass and other south coast delights I have moved back home and am looking to re-aquatint myself with the Llyn and Angelsey.

Planning a few Scallop outings to get me back into the swing along with some above water fishing to hopefully scout out some new marks now the Mersey cod season is drawing to an end.

So just thought I would pop in and say Hi (Again)
Give me a shout if you want some company. never been that successful with scallops and would love some tips.

Reactions: Will99
Give me a shout if you want some company. never been that successful with scallops and would love some tips.

I know a few spots that produced 4/5 years ago but as I have said being new back to the area I feel like I will be starting at square 1 again.

I know a few spots that produced 4/5 years ago but as I have said being new back to the area I feel like I will be starting at square 1 again.
pm me if you want a trip out. unfortunately I work shifts so weekends are few a far between

A little choppy for my liking this morning an hour before low water and only just light but what a result a new hard earned spot after 5 years of looking 8 oc 2 m viz at best but most a feeling session it makes it fun when you can't see what your grabbing hold of! If you don't go boys you don't know !.

Attachments

• IMG_1137.JPG
    IMG_1137.JPG
    196.6 KB · Views: 309
  • IMG_1138.JPG
    IMG_1138.JPG
    128 KB · Views: 285
End of april had a quick scallop dive. viz was excellent snagged a few. lots of fry and sand eel but only a few flattys which I couldn't 17553953_10212410547004677_5280038682050571284_n.jpg bring myself to shoot.(they are
17553953_10212410547004677_5280038682050571284_n.jpg
so dumb)

Reactions: mattbarlow
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT